Kasabian-West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Marky

The first Kasabian album is brilliant, solid stuff, and the second album was a little lacklustre. And despite being a phenomenal live band, absolutely trouncing the other bands at Live Earth back in 2007, I thought they'd never top their first effort.

Their 3rd album, named after a mental home up North, proves me wrong so much, it's phenomenal.

The riff for opener 'Underdog'; the swirly, 90's house feel to 'Where Did All The Love Go?', the 60's intrumental headfuck that is 'Swarfiga'; the driving anger behind 'Fast Fuse'; the transition in 'Take Aim' from elegant, orchestral piece, to psychedelic, folky brilliance; 'Thick As Thieves' being strikingly similar to Oasis' 'Importance Of Being Idle', but with the added Kasabian touch on top of it; The simplistic, thoughtful 'West Ryder Silver Bullet', featuring a beautiful vocal part from none other than Rosario Dawson; the almost heavy-funk tendancies of 'Vlad The Impaler', so angry you end up feeling like Vlad his good old self; the change in pace to the peaceful, symphonic 'Ladies & Gentlemen' which carries right on through to 'Secret Alphabets', the dancefloor anthem that is 'Fire', and epic closer 'Hapiness', all make it perhaps the best album in the past 5-10 years, certainly a strong contender.

If you like psychedelic music, folk music, ambient music, rock, indie, pop, 60's...get it, you won't be dissapointed.

good album, theres about 5 monster tunes on here, plus any song that is called VLAD THE IMPALER, is bound to be huge and great.

Underdog

Where Did all the love go

Fast Fuse

West Ryder Silver Bullet

Roll The dice

Fire

Vlad The Impaler

great tunes.

Kasabian are one of the best bands in the world right now, they're a mixture of T-Rex, Kashmir era zeppelin, the stones, Oasis and Primal Scream, and a bit of Ennio Morricone.

give me Kasabian over Kings of Leon anyday.

I'll be seeing them July 9th Wembley Stadium, 2 years and 2 days to the day of when I saw them at Live Earth.

I have the Live Earth MP3's fif anyone's interested? They performed Empire, Club Foot and a mass singalong of LSF.