This I love band cover

Hi people, I managed to do a live show with my band, and they accepted to play This I love.

I'd like your opinions on it, I apologize for the mistakes at the end, we kind of fucked up a bit. The hardest past was the solo and getting my guitarist to learn it, and he really did a fantastic job imo.

The band that day was made of a singer, a guitarist, a piano (me), and a drummer.

I hope some of you will appreciate it, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Qk8WzGjdU

Im listening with very low volume because i have people around me and i cant make too many noise...but here is my 2 cents after 1 listening:

- I don't like the singer at all. I don't like her voice but the thing that bothers me most is that it seems like she is singing without any passion, like she couldnt care less about singing (if that makes sense).

- The guitar solo was ok. I would watch the volume inconsistencies. Also, i think that it would be a lot better if the guitar sound was bigger and fuller (adding echoe or something, i dont know how to say it in english).

- Definitely the highlight of the song is you. The piano playing was great.

Its my honest review. Hope it helps! Keep the hard work!

Hi, thanks a lot for your review.

Thanks for your commentary about the piano :xmasssanta: I still have to improve the solo though, I'm trying to bring together the guitar solo and the orchestra but it's a bit harsh, but I've already find some stuff that are better than on this live.

Concerning the guitar, I think the real problem here is the mix, it really kills a bit his performance, because he really had it perfect on stage. About the sound of the guitar, I asked him to let it "raw", I didn't want him to add effect or echoe, but it's something we're still working on, maybe givin it a rounder sound would make it more melodic. :)

About my singer, this is the big question :) Well some people complain about her voice, (some other friends of mine like it) and the first time I met her I wasn't too sure about it, but by 2 or 3 rehearsals with her I knew I wanted her to stay. She doesn't have a "standard" voice, I like the strangeness of her voice, the only thing she lacks is training but she's working on it, but I feel there's high potential in her voice, she can go very very high and still hit the right note, most of the songs I asked her to sing were no piece of cake. And this was her first live ever, so it was a bit frightening for her.

I understand what you mean about "passion" on This I love but I think she's a bit too young to carry inside her the emotional deepness of this particular song. I like her performance of it, I like the feel she gives to the song, of course it's not great yet, but I think it'll become better with time, I think This i love is the only song I'll still be covering if we play our own songs.

I think she has the type of voice that grows on you as you listen to it, I'm more touched by her voice than Britney Spears of Christina Aguilera if you know what I mean :D

But anyway we still have a lot of work, this song is really tough. Thanks a lot for your review man!