Anyone find it ironic that the only solo DJ doesn't fuck up

evergreen_layne

Is Buckethead's from Sorry?

Dude cannot handle TIL, IRS, Better, second part of the main SCOM solo. They've been practicing since March there is no excuse!

I do like his crowd interaction and eye contact and all that stuff. Robin never opened up like that so its cool. But play the fuckin licks. I'm not asking for a note for note transcription but at least give us the impression the solo was meant to impart. Know what I'm sayin?

I hope he practices like hell between now and Canada cuz he needs to start nailing this.

EDIT: Its just that I can't get over this video. Worst. Solo. Ever.

Look I'm just being critical because GNR meant a lot to me at one time and if Axl insists on keeping the name he should insist on the highest quality "replacements."

dude i think he did an awesome job here.. almost nailed the solo don't you think?

Actually I just saw that video this morning and thought he kinda killed it. He puts some unnecessary noodling in there at one point but other than that I though it was pretty powerful. I just wanted to have a healthy debate about DJ. I'm rooting for the band and "Blame Canada."

Edited by evergreen_layne

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ is better than Ron in gnr. DJ plays much cleaner, and his plays BHs solo perfectly.

They really have no need for Ron, they should just drop him and go with just Fortus and DJ

Oh my god you really are a douchebag. I don't understand how idiots like you don't get banned for posting shit after shit.

For posting what?

Repetitive negative feedback about Ron perhaps?

Certainly not worthy of a ban on its own merits of cause and we like opinions on here but I can certainly see why you frustrate people with your constant winging about Ron, particularly when it's not even related to a specific discussion about him.

I've never been his biggest fan but I've been really impressed by his playing on the new material on the tour clips we've seen so far - I think regardless of your opinion of him, you would have to be blinded with negative feelings not to acknowledge that - Even an idiot can see it.

Wait a minute... :drevil:

Again, so it was ok for the same people to always bash BH for how he looked or for Robins playing and now DJs playing but I point out Rons bad playing and people take offense.

I think that is soo funny. Someone made a post about DJ messing up and that is ok so ,its only fair to point out how Ron messes up A LOT and he has been in the band longer, and is supposed to be better.

The OP also wrongly bashed DJ for messing up the 2nd part of the SCOM solo which RON DOES.

He does not even know what parts DJ is playing. If you are going to bash someone for botching the 2nd part of the SCOM solo at least bash the correct guitar player and that would be RON

You're missing the point - You mention Ron in topics and discussion when it's not even relevant - Just so you can vent your negativity towards him.

Trust me, other members are reminded of their conduct when they become as annoying as you.

So, keep it where it's relevant - Thank you :)

It was revelent in this topic since he was blaming DJ for something Ron was playing.

The original Post in this thread was about the song THIS I LOVE - SCOM got mentioned a few posts in and has been addressed (mainly by you posting it again and again and again). We get it. You don't like Ron and that's cool with me as we don't censor opinions that are educated and thoughtful with substance - Where we do take exception is when someone (like say, you for example) who talks negatively about a band member just for the sake of it - In threads where sometimes his (Ron) names not even been mentioned until you come along.

I don't plan on posting another friendly warning - Your choice then at this point. Either, choose to stop being futile and constantly bashing Ron in a thread where its only relevance has only become apparent because of your negative obsession towards him or, you'll be politely managed via the forum rules. When you're not obsessing about Ron (and to address a balance) some of your posts are enjoyable to some I'm sure. Thank you. :)

Thank you Subs! Finally!

Ron messes up A LOT

Prove it, but without using the anything related to the phrase "It's obvious."

The fast part of the SCOM solo for one the OP thought it was DJ, he always botches the NOV Rain outtro, he is getting a little better at it but its still wanky.

He was stripped of the KOHD solo because he could not play that. The TWAT solo is still not that great, axl stopped playing it in 2006 because he played it so bad. That is four off the top of my head.

Oh and his CITR solo is terrible, he ruined the great solo Brian May had on there.

That is 5

You're delusional.

To anyone bashing Ron, you must not know anything about guitars. He is one of the best, even better than Buckethead in my opinion. And anyone bashing him for his sweeps and taps, he can play slow. Just listen Hole in the Sky.

He is no where close to being as good as buckethead. He doe not play the old gnr stuff better than BH and he does not play the CD stuff better. He ruined the CITR solo, and his riyadh solo sucks as well.

HIs solo stuff is no where close to being as good or diverse as bucketheads. Just because Ron can play fast does not mean shit, he cannot play melodically. I dont think you know anything about guitars.

Just use your ears, and you can clearly hear BH is better.

The only reason people claim he is better than BH because he does not wear a bucket on his head.

If you took bother guitar players and had them play the same track, and did not tell who is who, i am willing to bet all these people that claim ron is better would choose BHs version.

Just look at the OP who claimed DJ was fuckign up SCOM when it was ron .

If Ron where the bucket on his head and BH looked normal, the same people claiming Ron is better would be hating him.

Its just like the same people that used to bash Robin and say he sucks when he was teh both all loved his playing when he looked normal.

Fucking hell, I hate that sports-guitarist mentality. They (all 3 'new' guitarists) may not play, or 'fuck up' as you put it, all of the solos Slash, Buckethead or any of the other 100 guitarists that were in GnR played, but honestly, who gives a fuck anymore? As an advocate of the AFD/ UYI line-up (which is untouchable imo) I still have to say that the current line-up is doing pretty well. At least they kind of feel like a real band and not like a bunch of fucking oddballs (cf: VMA 2002).

This bitchy "oh, he fucks up that bit"-attitude by self-proclaimed guitar-experts is getting really old...

Edited by LysanderSky

Fucking hell, I hate that sports-guitarist mentality. They (all 3 'new' guitarists) may not play, or 'fuck up' as you put it, all of the solos Slash, Buckethead or any of the other 100 guitarists that were in GnR played, but honestly, who gives a fuck anymore? As an advocate of the AFD/ UYI line-up (which is untouchable imo) I still have to say that the current line-up is doing pretty well. At least they kind of feel like a real band and not like a bunch of fucking oddballs (cf: VMA 2002).

This bitchy "oh, he fucks up that bit"-attitude by self-proclaimed guitar-experts is getting really old...

I tend to agree with this. I love this line-up, and from all I've heard so far, they're a real tight band!

I wonder why some members here even bother coming here fucking nitpicking every little thing. Spreading negativity instead of celebrating of joy for the new WORLD TOUR.

I find it odd coming to a GN'R fan board having to defend my favourite band. Are some of you really fans or what?

Year after year....

How do they feel like a band? That makes ZERO sense, why because they look normal?

The 2002 line was a band, and why? Because they wrote the album the current band is covering.

The 2002 band had better chemistry, was more talented, and actually was making an album. Plus the circus look is what made that band interesting and unque.

No one cares about this band except for Axl. This current band is a boring, generic, cock rock band.

The current band is a COVER BAND covering the chinese demoracy songs and the AFD era songs.

That is NOT a band, four people that are on 80% of the album are GONE.

The problem with you and your cronies is you would much rather take less talented musicans just because they look normal, over a band that looks interesting and has way more talent.

That is called a poser because you care more about the image of gnr than you do the talent.

Edited by gnr-dave

The current band is a COVER BAND covering the chinese demoracy songs and the AFD era songs.

The problem with you and your cronies is you would much rather take less talented musicans just because they look normal, over a band that looks interesting and has way more talent.

That is called a poser because you care more about the image of gnr than you do the talent.

That's a bit of a broken record with GnR isn't it? And the cock-rock argument doesn't really count: GnR have always been 'accused' of this. And sorry to offend your musical sensibilty but yes, I really don't care how hoe good a shredder Buckethead or how much of an industrial genius Robin Finck was...what you call 'interesting' is a euphemism for me. And never underestimate the image of a rockband...it's a thousand times more important than being a pure genious at your instrument (cf. The Beatles ca. 1962).

Edited by LysanderSky

How do they feel like a band? That makes ZERO sense, why because they look normal?

The 2002 line was a band, and why? Because they wrote the album the current band is covering.

The 2002 band had better chemistry, was more talented, and actually was making an album. Plus the circus look is what made that band interesting and unque.

No one cares about this band except for Axl. This current band is a boring, generic, cock rock band.

If you feel this way, why are you here?

This IS the band now, there's no news from here on that'll interest you.

That's a bit of a broken record with GnR isn't it? And the cock-rock argument doesn't really count: GnR have always been 'accused' of this. And sorry to offend your musical sensibilty but yes, I really don't care how hoe good a shredder Buckethead or how much of an industrial genius Robin Finck was...what you call 'interesting' is a euphemism for me. And never underestimate the image of a rockband...it's a thousand times more important than being a pure genious at your instrument (cf. The Beatles ca. 1962).

The beatles had a bad image in the 60s because of their hair. You should learn your history.

But its good you admit you would rather a band that looks cool over a band that can write good music, and play great.

To anyone bashing Ron, you must not know anything about guitars. He is one of the best, even better than Buckethead in my opinion. And anyone bashing him for his sweeps and taps, he can play slow. Just listen Hole in the Sky.

He is no where close to being as good as buckethead. He doe not play the old gnr stuff better than BH and he does not play the CD stuff better. He ruined the CITR solo, and his riyadh solo sucks as well.

HIs solo stuff is no where close to being as good or diverse as bucketheads. Just because Ron can play fast does not mean shit, he cannot play melodically. I dont think you know anything about guitars.

Just use your ears, and you can clearly hear BH is better.

The only reason people claim he is better than BH because he does not wear a bucket on his head.

If you took bother guitar players and had them play the same track, and did not tell who is who, i am willing to bet all these people that claim ron is better would choose BHs version.

Just look at the OP who claimed DJ was fuckign up SCOM when it was ron .

If Ron where the bucket on his head and BH looked normal, the same people claiming Ron is better would be hating him.

Its just like the same people that used to bash Robin and say he sucks when he was teh both all loved his playing when he looked normal.

I dont bash Buckethead, I just say that I think Ron is a better guitarist. I love Buckethead but I like Ron better. I liked Ron before GnR and I like him now. I never heard of Buckethead before GnR but I am glad I know him now. Ron can play melodically, i even named a song in which he does play melodically.

Just curious, did you ask the OP the same question since he made a posting bashing DJ????

Just curious, did you ask the OP the same question since he made a posting bashing DJ????

Why didn't you answer my question?

And no, I didn't ask the OP the same question directly, I asked YOU. Wasn't that clear?

Btw, if you look at my post further up in this thread, I asked in general why some of you come to the fan-boards, out ta bash the band.

Why didn't you answer my question?

And no, I didn't ask the OP the same question directly, I asked YOU. Wasn't that clear?

Btw, if you look at my post further up in this thread, I asked in general why some of you come to the fan-boards, out ta bash the band.

You can still be a fan but not think this band is the best live band in the world.

You can still be a fan if you think BH is better than Ron.

I already stated in other threads Ron has gotten better than he was in 06, but he is still not as good as BH.

I also have been defending DJ, sure he fucked up TIL but he plays most of the other songs well.

Axl is not as good as he was in 2006, its ok to admit thatt.

Im not a hater because I think people that think Axl sounds amazing are crazy

I am a huge SP fan but I know billy corgan sounds terrible live, that does not make me any less a fan.

Edited by gnr-dave

Again, the difference is the original poster hasn't gained a reputation for endlessly posting obsessive negative comments towards a band member - In fact, he even posted more positively later in the thread talking about improvements DJ had made - Where as you, you constantly knock Ron at every opportunity, even when no-one's even talking about him.

Between this and your off topic obsession with Muse in the other thread, I see you're taking a well earned break from the forum :thumbsup: Makes sense, good decision - Hope you come back nice and refreshed!

man dave, even lyandersky is turning on you, shits gettin desperate!

ron and bucket are both very good. each has their own thing going and who you perfer is a matter of personal preference. the fact is between the two of them they delived a few great tours and one great album. whats the problem?

i cant wait to hear what the bucket/finck/ashba/fortus/thal guitar team comes up with on CDII.