Velvet Revolver Section

John Bonham

This is not a complaint, I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Are there any plans to combine Former Gunners, Velvet Revolver, and the Original GN'R sections?

Right now, news about Duff McKagan's Loaded, Steven Adler, Slash, etc. is getting posted in all three folders. Very often the same news is posted multiple times.

Plus Velvet Revolver is pretty much defunct.

I think it makes these sections confusing and less enjoyable to read, but maybe that's the idea.

Any thoughts?

On a related note, I'd like to know where the best place to discuss current members side projects would be, for example, Bumblefoot's albums.

First person to reply with "A Bumblefoot forum" wins a stricker.

Edited by Conor

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

A Bumblefoot forum.

I'm the winner. B)

But to answer your question, it seems like it is the mainsection, because there is where people post them, and the moderators let them be there.

just delete the VR section entirely.

Change the Former Gunners section into a discussion for every Gunner, current and former, outside of Guns N' Roses.

I think the VR forum should be "retired", at least for a while. If anything ever starts to happen again, that can't be particuarly hard. Or even have a VR subforum within that "Gunners" forum idea that jjCardi_gnr mentioned. Any work of any current or former gunner, outside of Guns N' Roses. From Tracii Guns to Robin Finck, and everything inbetween.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Why would we delete the VR section? You have serious "issues" about the original band members. Clearly, you weren't around when they helped make GNR the biggest band on the planet. This forum would not even exist if it wasn't for the music the original band members created. So, stop being so disrespectful toward the original members in every thread that you post in. It's WAY beyond annoying reading your posts.

As for the original poster - VR was a band that released several albums, toured the world and earned a section of its own. We don't know if it will ever be resurrected again with a new frontman. But even if this never happens, the section remains there for people to discuss that band and its music - similar to the way we have a section for the "Early GNR" band. Why would we suddenly stop people from being able to discuss VR's music?

Why would we delete the VR section? You have serious "issues" about the original band members. Clearly, you weren't around when they helped make GNR the biggest band on the planet. This forum would not even exist if it wasn't for the music the original band members created. So, stop being so disrespectful toward the original members in every thread that you post in. It's WAY beyond annoying reading your posts.

Derp.

Delete the VR section because the band is defunct and you can discuss the same people/band in the Former Gunners section. It would make more sense to have discussion of the old members in one place, rather than scattered around with the same Gilby thread being made three times as a result.

No disrespect to the two albums of "music" made by Velvet Revolver or the musicians involved. Just common sense.

inb4suspension

Edited by jjCardi_gnr

As for the original poster - VR was a band that released several albums, toured the world and earned a section of its own. We don't know if it will ever be resurrected again with a new frontman. But even if this never happens, the section remains there for people to discuss that band and its music - similar to the way we have a section for the "Early GNR" band. Why would we suddenly stop people from being able to discuss VR's music?

I think to be perfectly honest, there are fair reason for keeping it and moving it. Although moving it wouldn't mean people couldn't discuss VR music, but if you look at the VR section, it's mainly just the Slash section now. It's the Guns N' Roses Discussion & News of Slash and his solo efforts, which I've got no problem with but it's slightly misleading. If the VR section does stay, I still think it's important to have some section or sub-section to discuss current member's outside projects, without any threads being drowned out by others about Axl's eyes and the Better video. I just thought it would be a decent idea to combine them, but there's pretty good reasons not to, as you've said.

+1

That makes sense to me now. Duh.

Slash is awesome enough to deserve "the Slash section".

Another great idea. :)

Slash is awesome enough to deserve "the Slash section".

He already has one. It's called "DISCUSS THE BAND VELVET REVOLVER".

I think he's just referring to my post:-

I think to be perfectly honest, there are fair reason for keeping it and moving it. Although moving it wouldn't mean people couldn't discuss VR music, but if you look at the VR section, it's mainly just the Slash section now. It's the Guns N' Roses Discussion & News of Slash and his solo efforts, which I've got no problem with but it's slightly misleading. If the VR section does stay, I still think it's important to have some section or sub-section to discuss current member's outside projects, without any threads being drowned out by others about Axl's eyes and the Better video. I just thought it would be a decent idea to combine them, but there's pretty good reasons not to, as you've said.

On another note, whilst quoting this, I accidently deleted my post. Well, there it is above if anyone cares.

On a related note, somebody should put FORUM MEMBERS' QUESTIONS TO GNR BAND MEMBERS out of its misery.

Lock the threads, and send that sub-forum to DUST N' BONES.

I can't think of a logical reason to keep it.

Even the related thread at HTGTH is an embarrassment to the band.

I wonder if HTGTH will make this move first, and if MYGNR will then follow its lead?