South America Concerts

iSORRY

Today there was this news article in the largest Argentine newspaper saying that the River Plate stadium (where the GN'R concert will be held) may be shut down for music shows because too many people jumping may cause damages in near buildings.

Here's the link for those who speak Spanish: http://www.clarin.com/diario/2010/02/08/um/m-02135927.htm

They mention GN'R in that link. They say there is a chance that the show will be canceled, but I'm sure the promoters can bribe the government. :devil:

Today there was this news article in the largest Argentine newspaper saying that the River Plate stadium (where the GN'R concert will be held) may be shut down for music shows because too many people jumping may cause damages in near buildings.

Here's the link for those who speak Spanish: http://www.clarin.com/diario/2010/02/08/um/m-02135927.htm

They mention GN'R in that link. They say there is a chance that the show will be canceled, but I'm sure the promoters can bribe the government. :devil:

So what do they do for a football game. Ban them too. If it a problem take it to Boca...

So what do they do for a football game. Ban them too. If it a problem take it to Boca...

From what I read, the problem is too many people jumping on the field. Somehow the vibration from the field affects the buildings nearby. People on the stands are not a problem.

But I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure the show will go ahead.

From what I read, the problem is too many people jumping on the field. Somehow the vibration from the field affects the buildings nearby. People on the stands are not a problem.

But I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure the show will go ahead.

Dont worry !!! show will go ahead!!

Which is the biggest stadium on the tour?

Also it would have been good if they had done a show on copacabana beach, and recorded it, there would have been a huge audience.

There are some mighty big stadiums on this tour, Montevideo and Bogota have space for 100k or more....I really wonder if they are able to fill the stadiums, but South America loves GnR so there might be a good chance:

Brasilia, Brazil

Time:8:00PM Sunday, March 7th

capacity: around 16.700 (for sports)

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Time:8:00PM Wednesday, March 10th

Location:Ginásio Jornalista Felipe Drumond (Mineirinho) (indoor)

capacity: 22.000 - 25.000

Sao Paolo, Brazil

Time:8:00PM Saturday, March 13th

capacity: 29.000 (for sports)

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Time:8:00PM Sunday, March 14th

capacity: up to 60.000

Porto Alegre, Brazil

Time:8:00PM Tuesday, March 16th

capacity: 14.500

Montevideo, Uruguai,

Time:8:00PM Thursday, March 18th

capacity: up to 100.000 (for sports) !!!!!

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Time:8:00PM Saturday, March 20th

capacitiy: 65.000 +

Santiago, Chile,

Time:8:00PM Monday, March 22nd

capacity: 60.000 +

Bogota, Colombia

Time:8:00PM Tuesday, March 30th

capacity: up to 140.000 !!!!!!

Lima, Peru

Time:8:00PM Thursday, March 25th

capacity: 80.000 (for sports) !!!

Quito, Equador

Time:8:00PM Thursday, April 1st

capacity: 40.000 (for sports)

They should've thought of that when they were building the damn thing.

Weird.

If they do shut down, isn't there any other place the concert can be held? Do they have to cancel it?

There are some mighty big stadiums on this tour, Montevideo and Bogota have space for 100k or more....I really wonder if they are able to fill the stadiums, but South America loves GnR so there might be a good chance:

Bogota, Colombia

Time:8:00PM Tuesday, March 30th

capacity: up to 140.000 !!!!!!

The ticket prices are fucking crazy for the colombia show. I was gonna go but the prices for the first 2 sections are fucking ridiculous.

I wouldn't have to pay that much in England but in Colombia the prices are fucking crazy.

Not sure I'm going.

They would be better off reducing the price a lot and getting more people in. They might play for fuck all people at that cost.

LP

I really want to get a couple of tickets for the show in Rio, but google wont translate the page!!!! Any of you Brazilians care to help me out? I want to get two standing tickets and have them delivered to the UK, anyone walk me through it? I'd hate to get it wrong.

Thanks in advance!

They should've thought of that when they were building the damn thing.

Weird.

If they do shut down, isn't there any other place the concert can be held? Do they have to cancel it?

When they build the stadium there wasn't buildings there, the APA said there are vibrations in the buildings but not problem of collapse.

In my opinion the residents of that zone don't like concerts there... but they went to live there after of the building of the stadium....... so they knew what comes with it.

I think it will be ok and there will be no problem.

I hope i can see guns n roses in Argentina, after a long time, i got a lot of beautiful memories when i went 17 years ago, the tickets are almost sold out, and the people are waiting for them.

this are things you don't see every day, i got all my illusions put on March 20 and waiting for that day :)

pd: excuse my English :P

Does anyone know anything about the Colombia show? I already bought my plane ticket from Chicago, but I noticed on the webpage for the tickets in Colombia, tu boleta, that they changed the venue to escenario por confirmar. If you're planning on going to the show or are from Colombia, PM me. I have never been there and have some questions. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a word of warning for ppl coming over to Sao Paulo gig.If you haven't booked your hotel yet do it NOW.Indy race is taking place the following day after the concert in an area considerably near the venue.

If you need directions or info, feel free to private message me