Axl should do a mini US club tour before the next leg

gnr-dave

If Axl doesnt have a problem not playing to sold out crowds at these arenas, why the hell do you people care?

UM because the band is more into shows that look sold out rather than just doing if half assed when its only half full.

Even some shows that are not fully sold out, they make an excuse to cancel. What would you think would be a better show, Axl at hammerstein again that is packed, or Axl playing an arena that is 50-75% full>

When did they make an excuse to cancel because of a less than sold out gig? And while It probably wasn't your intention to sound like an online instant expert, It is a bit presumptuous of you to tell Axl what he "should" do, or say IF Axl were smart- That is a bit insulting imo; all a matter of wording and semantics. :lol::D

I was there for the last night at Hammerstein that was the best show i ever seen in my life.

So was I....amazing gig!

I was also at Hamilton,London and Toronto 2010 and those three shows blew Hammerstein out of the water!

The fact that you say that makes my day. I was at the last 3 shows at Hammerstein and thought they were the best shows they ever did. So too here someone say these last few shows were even better makes my day. Can't wait to see this tour!!

If Axl doesnt have a problem not playing to sold out crowds at these arenas, why the hell do you people care?

UM because the band is more into shows that look sold out rather than just doing if half assed when its only half full.

Even some shows that are not fully sold out, they make an excuse to cancel. What would you think would be a better show, Axl at hammerstein again that is packed, or Axl playing an arena that is 50-75% full>

When did they make an excuse to cancel because of a less than sold out gig? And while It probably wasn't your intention to sound like an online instant expert, It is a bit presumptuous of you to tell Axl what he "should" do, or say IF Axl were smart- That is a bit insulting imo; all a matter of wording and semantics. :lol::D

Use your brain, at the end of the 2006 tour, the last handful of shows were not even close to selling out, so Axl just cancelled them then made up some bullshit rumor it was to finish up the album, which of course took almost two more years to complete.

Its one thing if the album would have came out soon after canceling those shows but it came out almost two years later.

USE YOUR BRAIN

Use My Brain? Sure extensively, you ought to try it instead of stating speculation as truth; you don't know for a fact this is what happened so please do not spread gossip and B.S., that isn't very productive or helpful ;)

Well lets see now, did the album come out soon after they canceled that tour? Nope, so how is it not the truth? The reason is because Axl was tired of playing to half filled arena's, those shows near the tail end were all pushed back from the beginning of the tour if I remember correctly because of poor sales, so Axl just decided to not do them. The album part was just BS, and history speaks for it self.

You can deny the truth all you want it does not change how it went down. I just think its funny you try to even dispute it.

If Axl were smart

....and I need not read further.

Thanks, gnr-dave, for adding to the efficiency of my browsing experience!! :thumbsup:

You are right Axl never does anything smart or anything that makes sense, like promoting an album after releasing it, and touring right after the album is released.

Good point, at least you admit Axl is not smart when it comes to how he tours or promotes the album.

If Axl were smart he would do a mini US club tour before the next leg.

These surprise gigs are cool and all but its mostly for the snobby people and not the true fans, at least some of the true fans got to see these shows.

Axl should do a mini US club tour, he could hit all the major markets, and it would give him an idea how a US tour would do.

He should though do a full set list like in Canada but could just tone down the pyro and what not. Make it like those hammerstein shows.

I always thought this would be a great idea....

Use My Brain? Sure extensively, you ought to try it instead of stating speculation as truth; you don't know for a fact this is what happened so please do not spread gossip and B.S., that isn't very productive or helpful ;)

Well lets see now, did the album come out soon after they canceled that tour? Nope, so how is it not the truth? The reason is because Axl was tired of playing to half filled arena's, those shows near the tail end were all pushed back from the beginning of the tour if I remember correctly because of poor sales, so Axl just decided to not do them. The album part was just BS, and history speaks for it self.

You can deny the truth all you want it does not change how it went down. I just think its funny you try to even dispute it.

If Axl were smart

Thanks, gnr-dave, for adding to the efficiency of my browsing experience!! :thumbsup:

You are right Axl never does anything smart or anything that makes sense, like promoting an album after releasing it, and touring right after the album is released.

Good point, at least you admit Axl is not smart when it comes to how he tours or promotes the album.

What's wrong with you? I saw you complaining about the lack of tour now Guns N Roses is touring successfully and you keep complaining!

This is a quote from another forum -not music related- and you totally fit the description

However I do understand that these opinion forums allow for the opportunity for those who do little to preach to those who do the most.

The reason that hardly any of my past crew are not participating in such forums is because we are busy actually doing something.

This of course leaves the forums open to conquest by the hordes of whiners who descend like blog locusts in a feeding frenzy of negativity.

Discussion forums tend to be little more than petty venting rooms for frustrated unaccomplished people who live lives of quiet desperation and who,

if they had any moral fiber at all, would be contributing to solving problems instead of critiquing the campaigns and accomplishments of others.

That's you on the last sentence dave, if you have any moral fiber at all just shut up :fuckyou:

Axl should do a mini US club tour, he could hit all the major markets, and it would give him an idea how a US tour would do.

Nah, don't bother with USA, instead spend more time touring in regions where the GNR fans are: South America, Asia and Europe. Forget about USA. Don't waste time on a club tour there when GNR can play for larger crowds elsewhere. If they really want to play some clubs - and that is cool - then at least do it in South America as a warm-up to the next leg of the tour, or in Europe later.

If Axl were smart

And of course you have released so many albums that went gold or platinum that you feel qualified to critique and endlessly bitch,gripe,complain and whine- You don't know what actually happened you are riding your own little wave called speculation,Not a good idea to go into "who's smart" you don't want to go there einstein :lol:

So,in language that you may understand-shut the fuck up you

blithering idiot! Getting real tired of you repetitively slagging GNR every chance you get, not into words? how about sign language? :fuckyou:

If Axl were smart

And of course you have released so many albums that went gold or platinum that you feel qualified to critique and endlessly bitch,gripe,complain and whine- You don't know what actually happened you are riding your own little wave called speculation,Not a good idea to go into "who's smart" you don't want to go there einstein :lol:

So,in language that you may understand-shut the fuck up you

blithering idiot! Getting real tired of you repetitively slagging GNR every chance you get, not into words? how about sign language? :fuckyou:

You are the biggest idiot on this board, this thread was a postive thread, and look at what it turned into people of people like you.

And you really need to get a clue and come into the real world not the fair tale people like you live in on this board, where everything Axl does is gold.

He is a joke in the real world.

And wow big boy can swear because he cannot dispute what I said. I am sorry if you cannot handle the truth.

If Axl were smart

What's wrong with you? I saw you complaining about the lack of tour now Guns N Roses is touring successfully and you keep complaining!

This is a quote from another forum -not music related- and you totally fit the description

However I do understand that these opinion forums allow for the opportunity for those who do little to preach to those who do the most.

The reason that hardly any of my past crew are not participating in such forums is because we are busy actually doing something.

This of course leaves the forums open to conquest by the hordes of whiners who descend like blog locusts in a feeding frenzy of negativity.

Discussion forums tend to be little more than petty venting rooms for frustrated unaccomplished people who live lives of quiet desperation and who,

if they had any moral fiber at all, would be contributing to solving problems instead of critiquing the campaigns and accomplishments of others.

That's you on the last sentence dave, if you have any moral fiber at all just shut up :fuckyou:

That is funny, like I just told the last loser, this thread was a postive thread but idiots like him turned it into a negative. And my post was sarcastic since the quoted poster was being a wise ass.

I am sorry if you are not bright enough to see that.

The topic went downhill with supersock entered the post.

So go bitch at him.

Edited by gnr-dave

So, if the shows aren´t sold out they are a failure? :lol: Gimme a break. Do you think that all the bands sell out all their shows? In this last summer, lots of bands and singers toured Europe and there wasn´t any single artist whose shows were all sold out. Hell, even Madonna,U2 or Springsteen ( just to name a few) didn´t sell out all the gigs. And since all the gigs don´t sell out they have to play small theaters or clubs? :rolleyes:

So, if the shows aren´t sold out they are a failure? :lol: Gimme a break. Do you think that all the bands sell out all their shows? In this last summer, lots of bands and singers toured Europe and there wasn´t any single artist whose shows were all sold out. Hell, even Madonna,U2 or Springsteen ( just to name a few) didn´t sell out all the gigs. And since all the gigs don´t sell out they have to play small theaters or clubs? :rolleyes:

No but the ones that are less than 75% (like 50-70% or less) are. The over seas tour was not a failure in the least, but he cannot play those sized venues in the US or it will be a failure.

That is why Axl needs to play venues under 10k in the US for it to be considered a success. I remember people claiming Gnr were going to do a stadium tour of the US, I mean come on now.

If Axl played theaters he could sell out pretty much all of them, but if he tries to play bigger ones, he wont.

They could do it like Faith No More. They announced two shows for The Warfield in San Fransisco and as the shows were sold out very quickly, they just added a 3rd show. That's pretty cool, for both the band and the fans. Though I don't think Axl can handle or even want to sing three nights in a row.

Edited by misch