Wilco

Mr-brownstone

That sucks man. I was lucky because the show was free so it wasn't to difficult to convince a few friends to go. Out of curiosity, where are they playing?

It's at Cirkus in Stockholm. I've never been there but I've heard it's supposed to be a decent venue...too expensive.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Listening to Uncle Tupelo's Anodyne atm. Love this.

In regards to Wilco; Jay Bennet's departure after YHF was unfortunate but you can clearly witness problems between Tweedy and himself on I Am Trying to Break Your Heart. I don't know what another Tweedy/Bennet album would have sounded like but it would have been cool to see. Even if they ended up beating the shit out each-other :xmassrudolph: .

I've never really "gotten" Uncle Tupelo...they're supposed to be the ultimate alt. country band/the founders of the genre/whatever but I've never really gotten past the "yeah, this is pretty good" stage with them and I love lots of other alt. country stuff. I prefer both Wilco and Son Volt to Uncle Tupelo...

• 2 months later...

I've just discovered Wilco... damn are they good! YHF and Summerteeth are amazing albums, does the rest of there discog stack up?

They have some kick-ass tunes here and there spread out throughout the rest of their work, but their last solid effort worth checking out is A Ghost is Born. It's not as quirky (or as good) as YHF, but it's still got some moments of brilliance. But, I'd say that for Wilco it doesn't get much better than Summerteeth and YHF.

I'd also recommend getting their earlier stuff just to see how they eventually progressed into what they eventually became from '99 onwards.

If you're into their more folk-ish kinda sound, you should check out Anodyne by Tweedy's previous band Uncle Tupelo...It's a good listen. Doesn't stack up to Wilco's early stuff though...

I've just discovered Wilco... damn are they good! YHF and Summerteeth are amazing albums, does the rest of there discog stack up?

get being there, it's as good as those two imo. but it's a double album, so it's a bit overlong but the songwriting is as strong. the rest of their stuff aren't as strong imo. they haven't made a bad album though, and it's all worth checking out for a fan.

Glad to see guys talking about Wilco.

I like Summer teeth but better then Yankee or AGIB, I'm not sure. Their newest album was quite good. Imagine A Ghost is Born with Nels Cline ripping it up.

Personally, Cline > Bennet. Although, in my opinion, nothing Wilco has put out, before and after, has matched Yankee.

Edited by Mr-brownstone