What are you listening to right now?

Rock_And_Roll_Over

^pretty kickass '60s garage rock from the stones. far from their best album, even among the pre-beggars stuff though.

I've always dug Out of Our Heads along with December's Children. They're both terribly underrated imo so it was nice to see someone listening to them.

yeah, their albums from '65 and '66 are easily my favourite stones albums, besides the '68-'72 run. I prefer out of our heads over december's children though, and the uk version of out of our heads beats the us, at least albumwise.

The Rolling Stones - Between The Buttons (UK version) (NP: Yesterday's Paper)

I've always considered the '65-'68 albums to be their best. I mean, I still dig the stuff from '69-'71 but there's a certain charm in those earlier albums.

I love pretty much everything they did between '65 and '78, but the four "big albums" between '68 and '72 is imo the greatest run ever, by anyone. it's just a perfect mixture of everything I love about my music...I'm not that big on their '67 stuff, comparatively, I love all the albums, but their satanic majesties request would probably my in the bottom two of all their albums between '65 and '78 (it's only rock n roll being the other one).

album rank because I'm a bit bored, only studio albums '65-'78:

1. Exile On Main St.

2. Beggars Banquet

3. Sticky Fingers

4. Let It Bleed

5. Aftermath

6. Out Of Our Heads

7. Some Girls

8. Black And Blue

9. Goats Head Soup

10. December's Children

11. Between The Buttons

12. The Rolling Stones, Now!

13. It's Only Rock N Roll

14. Their Satanic Majesties Request

oh yeah, on topic:

The Kinks - Arthur Or The Decline And Fall Of The British Empire (NP: Brainwashed)

Well, look at that :lol: I'd have to say Their Satanic Majesties Request is my favourite 'Stones album.

1. TSMR

2. Beggars Banquet

3. Aftermath

4.Out of Our Heads

5. December's Children (And Everybody's)

6. Between the Buttons

7. The Rolling Stones, Now!

8. Let it Bleed

9. Sticky Fingers

10. Exile on Main St.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

it seems to be the kind of album that people either love or hate. personally I'm in the middle somewhere, but you're not the first one I've seen who have it as their favourite...I'm just not as big a fan of the psychedelic version of the stones as I am of the '60s garage rock/pop version, or the "let's shove all american music in a mixer and see what comes out"-version. imo there were lots of bands who did the psychedelic thing a lot better...

Sic Alps - Napa Asylum (NP: Turtle Soup)

Edited by Shuffle