GNR coming to Aalborg, Denmark?

Lose Your Illusions

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part with Danko and DJ, Frank and Ron was hilarious. :lol:

Ron wrote this in an email to someone from another forum:

Was nice to meet everyone there, signed stuff for about 4 hours :)

Aalborg may have been my favorite GNR show ever...!

Awesome! Aalborg was definately my favorite show ever! :D

Just wanted to contribute with my experience...

The day before the concert in Aalborg, i went to Copenhagen, hoping to meet Guns N' Roses again, and so I did... At first Dizzy came out, I talked with him while he smoked a cigarete, then he went out to get something to eat. He told me that his daugther had graduated while he was on tour, so he was looking foreward to going home. He was really nice and down to earth, and he let me take a picture.

p6130001b.th.jpg

After a while DJ Ashba came out - also wanted to smoke - I guess, I talked with him for 10-15 minutes! He was so nice to talk to, didn't seem to mind this crazy fan at all :P He told me, that he had trouble sleeping in Bergen due to the sun not going down, so he sleept at the bathroom on his coat, feeling like a homeless guy. Then we talked about Slash - whom he admire - and playing guitar in general.

p6130002.th.jpg

So DJ left, and then Richard Fortus came... He was also very friendly, asking me, if I wanted him to sign anything, but I didn't bring a pen, so I just took a picture.

p6130003.th.jpg

Also talked briefly with Criss Pitman and Frank Ferrer, but didn't take a picture, saw Tommy Stinson, but he was talking with some friends, so I only said 'Hi'.

The next day I went to Bumblefoot's meet and greet, got CD and a picture from when I met him in Oslo 2006 signed. He was nice as always, talked for a long time with everyone showing up.

p6140088v.th.jpg

p6140092.th.jpg

And of to the concert... It was insane! Front row again at the center of the stage, perfect. It was so funny when Frank, DJ and Bumble went on stage during Danko Jones. Axl was in a great mood, singing his ass of, the band was so fucking tight! Loved how Axl didn't wanted to end November Rain, he even jumped at the keys...

dsc00073wn.th.jpg

dsc00064hk.th.jpg

KOHD was epic, Axl making fun of his shirt and his big belly, much better than in Bergen, were he was so hard to follow.

dsc00095hy.th.jpg

dsc00083rz.th.jpg

The show was even better than the show in Bergen, and that was the best concert, I've ever been at - Aalborg beat it! Even the journalist's liked it! After the concert, we met this guy :shock:

p6150109m.th.jpg

Yes, that is what you think it is...

Forgot to mention that there's some new competition in this band... Bumblefoot has this reputation of being the nice guy, and Axl has always been the hottest on stage - they should both look out for DJ Ashba! He's bringing this band together :wub:rock3

I saw some of them, great videos!

If anyone see a video of Maddy, please post it. According to my friend, my face was on the screen all the time during that song.. And I'd like to see if I was representable or not :P

Once it is posted, I'll tell you whether you're presentable. :lol:

Just wanted to contribute with my experience...

Thanks for your review, Hejanne!

And photos are great! If you don't mind, I'll post the photo of Dj on a Russian fan site. :)

Thanks, you're welcome to post the pic ;)

Here is my review.. I know it is late, and You might not even care :D I didn't have time to write it last week - had to leave for Slash & AC/DC in Paris :D

As I wrote, it was an amazing concert. The best I have ever been to.. I can't compare it to other Guns-shows though, because this was my first..

I was at the venue at 5, and I thought there would be a lot of people in front of us, but there were only like 15 people or something in front of us at the door we choose (after we bought beers and t-shirts).

Of course our door was the one they opened last :( so we ended up in 2nd row around the center of the stage. I was surprised how few people were there the first hours.. It wasn't untill near the end of Danko Jones that it got crowded near the stage. Speaking of Danko Jones - they were pretty cool too.. I love it when a band knows they are ONLY the supporting act. Danko Jones knew that.. It was funny to see Frank, Bumble and DJ "hijacking" the stage :) Me and my friends were talking and joking about that they were only 3 people in the band... A few minutes later one of my friends said: "Now they are 4.. no wait.. 5".. I then told him who it was :) I think this was the case with a lot of the people there - they didn't really know who the guys on stage were..

GUNS N' ROSES: Everything was just perfect.. and you could just see that Axl was enjoying it... (The bra that was thrown to him, him jumping on the piano at the end of Novermber Rain etc..) His voice was great too.. (I have no idea why the papers wrote bad reviews. I know 4/6 isn't bad, but some of the reviews criticized Axl a lot..)

It was just great to sing all the old songs together with everyone there.. People didn't really know the CD songs (I postet a video last week, and the only one you can hear is me :) )

I don't know what more to say... It is now more than a week ago, and I still can't believe how great the show was.. Definitely going to another one somewhere later this year.. :D

Here is my review.. I know it is late, and You might not even care :D I didn't have time to write it last week - had to leave for Slash & AC/DC in Paris :D

As I wrote, it was an amazing concert. The best I have ever been to.. I can't compare it to other Guns-shows though, because this was my first..

I was at the venue at 5, and I thought there would be a lot of people in front of us, but there were only like 15 people or something in front of us at the door we choose (after we bought beers and t-shirts).

Of course our door was the one they opened last :( so we ended up in 2nd row around the center of the stage. I was surprised how few people were there the first hours.. It wasn't untill near the end of Danko Jones that it got crowded near the stage. Speaking of Danko Jones - they were pretty cool too.. I love it when a band knows they are ONLY the supporting act. Danko Jones knew that.. It was funny to see Frank, Bumble and DJ "hijacking" the stage :) Me and my friends were talking and joking about that they were only 3 people in the band... A few minutes later one of my friends said: "Now they are 4.. no wait.. 5".. I then told him who it was :) I think this was the case with a lot of the people there - they didn't really know who the guys on stage were..

GUNS N' ROSES: Everything was just perfect.. and you could just see that Axl was enjoying it... (The bra that was thrown to him, him jumping on the piano at the end of Novermber Rain etc..) His voice was great too.. (I have no idea why the papers wrote bad reviews. I know 4/6 isn't bad, but some of the reviews criticized Axl a lot..)

It was just great to sing all the old songs together with everyone there.. People didn't really know the CD songs (I postet a video last week, and the only one you can hear is me :) )

I don't know what more to say... It is now more than a week ago, and I still can't believe how great the show was.. Definitely going to another one somewhere later this year.. :D

Great review! It's the best I also have ever been to. Just perfect!

You should've stayed with us, we were singing, haha. If anyone find a video of Maddy, tell me. I can't remember it, but my friend told me they filmed me singing trough the "whole" song.

Here is my review.. I know it is late, and You might not even care

I care. I could read reviews of this show for many months to come

+1

Come on peeps, reviews, reviews!

Edited by Scaramouche

I care :thumbsup: I could read reviews of this show for many months to come :lol:

I'm glad :) Me too... Especially loved your review! (the detailed one on gnr.respect) :D

Great review! It's the best I also have ever been to. Just perfect!

You should've stayed with us, we were singing, haha. If anyone find a video of Maddy, tell me. I can't remember it, but my friend told me they filmed me singing trough the "whole" song.

Yeah... Would have loved that.. :) But I think you would have left me (and my BAD singing) as soon as Welcome To The Jungle :D

And for those of you that haven't visited my Bergen/Oslo/Helsinki/Aalborg thread.. Here's a review from the last show of this first leg.. :D

Okay, Aalborg. I said I'd write a small review, and I guess late is better than never. I didn't think any show could top Oslo, and even Bergen, but Aalborg is the best show I've ever been to.

I'de already spent a few days in Aalborg as I bought my horse from Denmark the same weekend. So we'd already been around the day before the gig to have a look at the venue, also found to find the store where the meet&greet would find place. Yeah, I need to sort out all of that before the showday. Whatever..

Went early to the meet&greet so that we could hurry to the venue to queue afterwards. Ron came 30 mins earlier than planned, fortunately, the queue started getting big right after we arrived. The meet&greet was amazing once again, Ron is such a nice human being. He took his time with everyone, talking, signing, you name it. I only brought a picture of me and him when we met in Bergen. When he signed it, he once again started talking about how pissed off he was in Bergen and how he'd to stay in Moscow to get over it. Haha, don't think he ever will get over it. Just don't hope he's thinking the fans were that frustrated, come on, everyone know gnr and everyone loved the show.

Doh, and one funny thing. Ron asked if he could take a picture of us "beautiful Scandinavian girls" to show the band mates that they should've been there. Saying that they could've been there too, but he didn't know why they weren't. Can you believe that? At least it put me out of words for a while, haha... We somehow got into Don't Cry in Russia, and something about TWAT 'cause someone thought they played it there. I said it was my favorite song, and he said he'd love to play it, 'cause it's such a great song and fun to play. Oh well, at least it was playing in the background in the store, and Ron grabbed a guitar and played along for a few seconds!!

Well, off to the show! Big thanks to Gigantium for fantastic organization before letting us inside, great way to to it. Never been waiting in line inside before, loved it!! Danko Jones started off around 8pm, and they put out a great show. Was fun to see them again now that I know their songs better. I like them, I've even bought two albums. Best part was when Frank came out on stage in the middle of third song or something.. Sat down in front of Danko, just drinking wine and watching. Followed by DJ and Tommy. Whole Danko Jones went like "wtf??" haha. Ron was filming/taking pics of it from the side, I think he actually posted a pic of it on twitter. I'm still laughing thinking of the whole episode, the crowd went pretty crazy.

Gnr went on early. Don't know exactly when, but I felt we didn't even wait for them. First of all I've to say the crowd was crazy, both in a good and bad way. The band seemed to be in a very good mood, everyone was into everything, all over the stage all night. Axl even made fun of himself saying he needed some more beer! The whole show was just GREAT, I don't know what more to say about it, best I've seen in my life. This band is so good! To those of you who have yet to see them, you won't be let down. And I got a Bumble pick, yeah!!

Edited by Scaramouche

Nice review. :thumbsup:

His shortened nickname is Bumble and the thing's called 'pick'. :)

Haha, I know. Have no idea why I did that, probably tired fingers after typing way to much. Tanks anyway ;)

Yeah, tanks are awesome! There's nothing like a clanking and roaring machine! :lol: Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Nice review. :thumbsup:

His shortened nickname is Bumble and the thing's called 'pick'. :)

Haha, I know. Have no idea why I did that, probably tired fingers after typing way to much. Tanks anyway ;)

Yeah, tanks are awesome! There's nothing like a clanking and roaring machine! :lol:

And here we go again :lol: I never learn.. (Nothing wrong this time huh? :P )