Sunn O)))

Kriminiminell

Let us all appreciate the awesomeness this band is granting us.

There must be other people on this board who enjoys this band?

If not, you should definitely check them out. I'd like to post a link to a youtube

video, the problem is it's nok like that with them. You need to listen to them loud and clear.

I don't know how to discribe their genre, but it's sorta doom, drone or whatever. I rarely listen to metal

but this is by far my favorite metal band. Their sound image is huge and intense and always gives me the goosebumps.

Check 'em out so you don't miss out on a great band.

Thanks for making a fool out of yourself bringing a pathetic band like u2 into this great thread.

:lol:

You're like the X Factor guy who released a Miley Cirus cover as his first single, and complained about RATM not being serious because they were screaming too much.

Edited by Kriminiminell

I'm more of a Boris fan but I've heard some good things, I'll look them up.

Thanks for making a fool out of yourself bringing a pathetic band like u2 into this great thread.

:lol:

You're like the X Factor guy who released a Miley Cirus cover as his first single, and complained about RATM not being serious because they were screaming too much.

U2 are shagadelicly good, I assure you.

If you like these guys, you might dig Unwound - probaly the most revolutiuonary band that noone has heard of.

yeah, you got me into them in another thread years ago.

but they are nothing like Sunn O))) - Unwound is more interested in a Fugazi / Sonic Youth post-hardcore anti-melody-noise-rock which I dig in most forms...

Sunn O))) is interested in the majesty of feedback and relishing the punishing qualities of simple sabbath riffs played at extreeeemely slow bpm with an acute attention to the resonsance of a repeated single note, which I find both minimalistic and inspiring.

If you like Sunn O)))'s slow stuff...The Melvins were the grandfathers of modern drone or doom metal, and a pioneer of th Seattle grunge scene - a band that I'd also call "the most revolutionary band that no one's heard of."

Here's the song that inspired the title for the band "Boris" who's also an excellent band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U8fRHemfZw

Edited by stevGNR666