MGMT - Congratulations

Nobodys_Fault

The band are streaming it in full on their website:

http://www.whoismgmt.com/

Hey everybody, the album leaked, and we wanted you to be able to hear it from us. We wanted to offer it as a free download but that didn't make sense to anyone but us

The songs aren't as instantly catchy as Oracular Spectacular but it's still great imo. Will be a good summer album.

I wasn't too impressed with their debut...It had a few very good tracks (not just the singles) but overall it was too uneven, with too much filler. I've heard both very positive and very negative opinions about this but I'll definitely check it out sometime soon. I read somewhere that they had a Nuggets-like sound here which could only be a good thing imo.

I love the "weird" sound to this album. Someone said before that it's not as instantly catchy, and I'll back that up, but the songs are really great. Listening to it at two in the morning like I did definitely amplifies the weird vibe, too.

Edited by chevelle

I'm on "Siberian Breaks" right now and I'm really liking the album.

9 Tracks? These guys are so fucking lazy it's unreal :lol:

The album is over 43 minutes long, which is a decent length. I'm sick of all of these albums that come out that are over 60 minutes long and it feels like only half is worth listening to. I think 43 minutes is a great album length.

Edited by LightningBolt

• 2 weeks later...

The album gets better everytime I listen, this album is a real grower and delivers some fantastic music.

Siberian Breaks is just wow. :wub:

Someone's Missing and I Found a Whistle are also great tracks.

What I really like about this album is the perfect production, Andrews mellow voice and the lyrics.

"there's no reason there's no secret to decode

if you can't save it, leave it dying on the road

wide open arms can feel so cold

so cold

feel so cold"

...haunting...

All in all it's not as great and catchy as OS, but it's far better than what I thought it is after the first listen.