Libertines reforming for Reading

Marky

Thoughts..

They did so well to kickstart the Indie rock thing, and the fact that they fucked off, bands like Hard Fi, The Arctics, The Enemy, The View, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand etc either fucked off for a few years, released dissapointing second albums or move on to a much different sound. i can't help but think this reformation is, if anything, a little too late.

Thoughts..

They did so well to kickstart the Indie rock thing, and the fact that they fucked off, bands like Hard Fi, The Arctics, The Enemy, The View, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand etc either fucked off for a few years, released dissapointing second albums or move on to a much different sound. i can't help but think this reformation is, if anything, a little too late.

na it will be never to late..i cant wait.im more excited for the one off gigs theyl do to build up to reading. Like the ones babyshambles do, small pubs around london tenner on the door. Proper shambolic gigs

most overrated band of the 00s*, imo, but i guess this will make quite a lot of people happy. wouldn't surprise me if that twat doherty screws everything up a week or two before the performance though.

*along with arcade fire

Only interested in seeing them in a smaller venue. Can't imagine it transferring on the mainstage. Especially with how shit the sound has been lately. They're still young so hope for a new album and all that jazz, but Pete still seems to be where he was ten years ago so I imagine the same problems will arise.

• 2 weeks later...