Some questions and first post :)

Yesterdays-Civil-War

Hey All :)

I'm new to this forum, but not new to the band. (Well the old GN'R at least, the new GN'R can be a little confusing) lol

Y'all can call me Scott.

I just wanted to say a little hi, and I also had some questions.

I know that there are unreleased songs, or songs that didn't make the Chinese Democracy Album, one of the coolest ones I've heard is Checkmate. Do you think that more songs will leak? Which leads into my next question, will GN'R release a new album ever again, and do you think that some of the unreleased songs like Checkmate will make it on to the new album(s)?

Thanks a million, and I look forward to participate in this forum as much as I can....

Scott

I hate to tell you man, but none of us have any speculation at all if that will happen. Many of us (I was unregistered for awhile) waited since 2003 and earlier for Chinese D. Axl may get in a generous, satisfied mood about his musid...but from I've heard, and experienced, it probably won't happen any time soon.

Hey All :)

I'm new to this forum, but not new to the band. (Well the old GN'R at least, the new GN'R can be a little confusing) lol

Y'all can call me Scott.

I just wanted to say a little hi, and I also had some questions.

I know that there are unreleased songs, or songs that didn't make the Chinese Democracy Album, one of the coolest ones I've heard is Checkmate. Do you think that more songs will leak? Which leads into my next question, will GN'R release a new album ever again, and do you think that some of the unreleased songs like Checkmate will make it on to the new album(s)?

Thanks a million, and I look forward to participate in this forum as much as I can....

Scott

Firstable welcome to the forum bud.

I think if it takes a long time to release a new album then we´ll have leaks ... if they put an album out in around two years from now we won´t see leaks ...

I don´t know if Checkmate is real or not, but it sounds great

I hate to tell you man, but none of us have any speculation at all if that will happen. Many of us (I was unregistered for awhile) waited since 2003 and earlier for Chinese D. Axl may get in a generous, satisfied mood about his musid...but from I've heard, and experienced, it probably won't happen any time soon.

It would be rather unfortunate to not see another album, but I guess it is possible. Axl is a perfectionist, but you never know. I would think that some of the songs that didn't make Chinese Democracy would be on Chinese Democracy II or Seven (are the two speculated album titles I've heard)

Firstable welcome to the forum bud.

I think if it takes a long time to release a new album then we´ll have leaks ... if they put an album out in around two years from now we won´t see leaks ...

I don´t know if Checkmate is real or not, but it sounds great

Checkmate sounds very real, it is hard to make a leak with Axl's voice that sounds that good...I mean I do an Axl impersanation, but it is for earlier stuff, and it is meant to be funny...can't imagine how one would go about faking his singing and making it sound that good.

I really hope Checkmate is real, those some 30 seconds just leave me wanting more!

I guess from Baz's interview in 07' about their being a trilogy of albums wasn't true, unless he means it as, CD is a trilogy in itself...

I was just looking forward to see and hear a new album. I guess we'll just wait a little while longer and see what he does.

there's plenty of threads about your questions. knock yourself out and do a search. welcome, btw.

Yeah, I've been searching the forum a little bit, and did get some other questions I had answered.

I like the vibe here, and it seems like a pretty cool forum. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome and help, y'all!

Scott

Welcome to the forum, Yesterdays-Civil-War. It is a good place to be and read, mostly!

as for firstable, well I did find this use of it...

If you say that something is firstable does that mean it can be made first? Say when queuing up for a bus perhaps an old woman with a walking stick who is 10th in line can be firstable, i.e. can be moved to the top of the queue?

Becomes alot more interesting word when you drop the r though... better not put the link here :P , but google it anyway!

I like the vibe here, and it seems like a pretty cool forum. :)

firstable, :)

and secondable (tongue2.gif) .. it is a cool forum as far as the mods go and that but give it time matey, you might change your mind about the vibe sometimes