Axl Versus the Volcano

ITW 2012

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it won't interfere with any concerts.

weather reports here in Iceland say that on next Thursday the wind might change and move the ash down to Canada and possibly the US

... sorry to those I met in Canada, did what I could to stop it :xmassrudolph:

Apparently, here in England they have no real reason to close the airports. There are places closer to the problem that can still fly, right? Some people think the government is just doing it for their own motives.

In any case, they're supposed to be opening again on Tuesday.

I'm sure it won't interfere with any concerts.

weather reports here in Iceland say that on next Thursday the wind might change and move the ash down to Canada and possibly the US

... sorry to those I met in Canada, did what I could to stop it :xmassrudolph:

they are already starting in Canada to cancel more flights as the ash cloud hits the east coast! This thing will spread globally before its done. One thing that shows through this stuff is that the airlines are loosing too much money and want to start flights from Europe again, kinda like giving a person a bomb on an airplane and hoping he does not set it off really. They are wanting to resume flights they don't give a fuck about safety, it's all about the money, always.

Revolver, I hold you responsible for this, that night you through the bottle of Jack in the hole up there you really pissed off the volcano gods :rofl-lol:

Apparently, here in England they have no real reason to close the airports. There are places closer to the problem that can still fly, right? Some people think the government is just doing it for their own motives.

yeah our airport is still open but that's because the ash cloud doesn't fly over it.. it does so over the UK.

and GunsGuy, I think you might be quite right :lol:

I did pee into the running lava when the smaller volcano erupted... :blink:

yeah our airport is still open but that's because the ash cloud doesn't fly over it.. it does so over the UK.

To be honest, I think they're over-exaggerating it like they do everything else.

We had a fucking 24 hour hotline for 'swineflu' for godsake.

Edited by chaos

They are saying now that it is possibly changing to a lava eruption, if that happens all flights will be on again.

However, it's impossible to predict the changes with a 100% accuracy so anything can happen.

Whoever said the Government is doing it for their own motives is tallking out of their volc-anus. There is talk of a government bail out for airlines which is the last thing they would want right now.

Whoever said the Government is doing it for their own motives is tallking out of their volc-anus. There is talk of a government bail out for airlines which is the last thing they would want right now.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Yeah, it is a bit too sceptic, but this world calls for it..

I guess they can make that back triple when they guilt trip people over the environment and global warming or whatever using this whole thing as an example.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Yeah, it is a bit too sceptic, but this world calls for it..

I guess they can make that back triple when they guilt trip people over the environment and global warming or whatever using this whole thing as an example.

Maybe some people will feed into that, but here is my point, we as humans do not create clouds like that, and in a few short days this thing has caused chaos. I do not believe humans control the climate never have. Here is a good example of them telling us to be careful yet they do what they want.

A friend of mine out west watched hundreds of trailers in Saskatchewan roll by him big huge trailers with big huge diesel trucks puling them, could not count how many they just kept passing him on the highway. He inquired about it, turns out the trailers are for the G8 summit in Huntsville ONTARIO! WTF? they make them brand new and send them to Huntsville for G8? If they wanted us to believe this climate bullshit they spew why not practice what they preach?

I have a million examples of this but it falls on deaf ears mostly. Humans DO NOT control climate simple as that, right now that volcano is controlling it, and we did not have anything to do with that. No matter how much I drive, fly, fart or shit I never make clouds like that :)

Edited by gunsguy

Humans DO NOT control climate simple as that, right now that volcano is controlling it, and we did not have anything to do with that. No matter how much I drive, fly, fart or shit I never make clouds like that :)

I wouldn't go that far. Nuclear bombs can make some very huge and very scary clouds ... Afaik nobody claims humans CONTROL climate, just that they have some (unintended) impact on it with all the changes to the environment. Mind you, I'm not talking about the CO2-tale here.

Anyway, I agree in so far as no matter how well we control what we created ourselves - we do not control the world we live in. Any of our cultural achievements is subject to the laws of nature. We might control our huge and highly advanced vessel to a sufficient extent - but we do not control the sea it cruises.

axl has private jet ? he could fly with that

kimi räikkönen flies with his private jet to home in few days

axl should have same attitude as kimi, fuck that shit =))

the only reason planes aren't flying is because the ash gets sucked into the jet engines so having a private jet isnt gonna help.

sucks to be him when his enging gets clogged up with ash then cuts out

Maybe some people will feed into that, but here is my point, we as humans do not create clouds like that, and in a few short days this thing has caused chaos. I do not believe humans control the climate never have. Here is a good example of them telling us to be careful yet they do what they want.

A friend of mine out west watched hundreds of trailers in Saskatchewan roll by him big huge trailers with big huge diesel trucks puling them, could not count how many they just kept passing him on the highway. He inquired about it, turns out the trailers are for the G8 summit in Huntsville ONTARIO! WTF? they make them brand new and send them to Huntsville for G8? If they wanted us to believe this climate bullshit they spew why not practice what they preach?

I have a million examples of this but it falls on deaf ears mostly. Humans DO NOT control climate simple as that, right now that volcano is controlling it, and we did not have anything to do with that. No matter how much I drive, fly, fart or shit I never make clouds like that :)

:lol: I agree. I believe humans have little if any effect on that kind of thing too.

There was none of this stuff we use now in dinosaur times and they're all extinct from whatever. I believe natural disasters just have a cycle and they come round when they're meant to, recycling and whatever ain't gonna stop the sun from getting closer to the earth if that's what happening naturally.

It's not a case of how many people believe it or don't though, governments will still put things into practice under the flag of 'saving the environment' just to make themselves more money if they can.

I don't really know how they can do that with this situation in particular, but

I do know they pick and choose the news stories they'll report carefully, and most of the time it's not just because they wanna be nice and tell you what's really going on in the world.

There will be documentarys and talk of this for months, I'm guessing that shit will make some buck, and presidents and priministers (especially here) are already trying to use it to show what a saviour they can be, calling for help for the stranded victims etc. The general elections are coming up in a couple of weeks so I guess it was just good timing.

Edited by chaos

i seriously hope Eyjafjallajökull will stop erupting before cause im looking forward to Sweden Rock Festival

i read today that the eruption is probably changing now from being mostly ashes to lava

Edited by axl_thebest

european flights beginning again tomorrow and wednesday, hopefull back to normal over here by next week. cloud moving to usa/canada.

I'm meant to be travelling from uk to helsinki, 7 weeks tomorrow, hoping this thing dies right fucking down!

There's every chance this volcano will continue to disrupt things for a long time to come! gnr should get their gear to europe asap, relatively easy to travel within europe by train etc when the band gets here.