U.S.A. Tour

bill_bailey_24

They tour the States every four years. And according to my math, they will be touring once again this year.

Makes sense.

i see your point, but thats where you are WRONG! ;)

guns doesn't make sense ;)

actually that whole word is relatively fucked up in guns world

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a U.S. tour is highly, highly unlikely and would, to put it gently, not be a successful outing. Just the way it is.

Not too smart of Axl to burn his bridges with the CEO of Ticketmaster / LiveNation.

http://www.billboard.com/news/axl-rose-sued-by-manager-for-nearly-2-million-1004078635.story#/news/axl-rose-sued-by-manager-for-nearly-2-million-1004078635.story

fuck ticketmaster/live nation

fucking crooks

a U.S. tour is highly, highly unlikely and would, to put it gently, not be a successful outing. Just the way it is.

Not too smart of Axl to burn his bridges with the CEO of Ticketmaster / LiveNation.

http://www.billboard.com/news/axl-rose-sued-by-manager-for-nearly-2-million-1004078635.story#/news/axl-rose-sued-by-manager-for-nearly-2-million-1004078635.story

fucking crooks

Axl may have burned the wrong bridge with this one. Azoff may be the most powerful man in music in the U.S. GNR will have a hard time putting a U.S. tour together if they can't work something out with Ticketmaster/Live Nation. They have deals with almost every major venue in the States.

Azoff is also a business man who realizes the name can make money. He isn't petty from what I know, and he'll do what he can to make some cash off of them.

I'd guess that they'll tour the US in the fall. I'm hoping they do because I really want to go to some more shows. Just need to hear Prostitute and RIAD to complete my CD live experience. Guns and Pearl Jam are the best live bands out there as far as I'm concerned.

fucking crooks

Axl may have burned the wrong bridge with this one. Azoff may be the most powerful man in music in the U.S. GNR will have a hard time putting a U.S. tour together if they can't work something out with Ticketmaster/Live Nation. They have deals with almost every major venue in the States.

I totally agree with you on this one. Without Ticketmaster/Live Nation it is going to be a bitch to plan a U.S. tour. I hope that Axl and company have settled this one already with Mr. Azoff. On another note. I read alot about Axl having an ego problem and will only do areans and not small venues. That is not necessary true. I have a friend that is a promoter for an arena where I live and was a promoter for the Aladdin Hotel, now Planet Hollywood. Now it is their job as promoters to see who is touring and who has their name on "a list". What I mean by that is, this band will be available on such date to such date. Now the promoters call the management of the group to see what they are going for per show. They meet the offer or maybe go a little lower and try to make a deal and lock in a date. So if Madison Square Garden calls Guns and offers them their asking price and they accept, it is not Axls fault that arena might be half empty. (only an example) Guns get their money for the show and it is up to MSG to make their profit. Do you think Axl thinks about, is this going to sellout or not? No! If GNR gets their money of course they will play the venue. This is not always the case though. We do have warm up shows like the Hammerstein shows in 06 in which the band requested where to play. I know people will still bitch on its Axl's fault and he needs to get over his ego, bla bla bla. I just wanted to share some facts with you gunners!

Edited by batman007

If Axl still wants to sell out the big venues, he just have to call those other guys and the stadiums will be filled up in no time :thumbsup:

You honestly believe that a reunion would make them play stadiums that they cant play now?

If Axl still wants to sell out the big venues, he just have to call those other guys and the stadiums will be filled up in no time :thumbsup:

You honestly believe that a reunion would make them play stadiums that they cant play now?

Yes, I honestly believe that. Don't you?

They wouldn't be able to do stadiums, but at least in the U.S the difference in ticket sales between new GNR and a reunited GNR would be significant.

They wouldn't be able to do stadiums, but at least in the U.S the difference in ticket sales between new GNR and a reunited GNR would be significant.

I don't know, man. We're talking about getting Duff freakin' McKagan on board here rock3

gnr/6am tour?

That makes a lot of sense... haven't thought of that.

Sixx A.M. would promote their new album and GNR would do what they've been doing.

Maybe they can throw Baz at the beginning and have 3 bands in total like they did in Canada. Baz is releasing a new album as well.

Edited by RocketKing99

gnr/6am tour?

That makes a lot of sense... haven't thought of that.

Sixx A.M. would promote their new album and GNR would do what they've been doing.

Maybe they can throw Baz at the beginning and have 3 bands in total like they did in Canada. Baz is releasing a new album as well.

Yeah, that would be cool, but I think Nikki Sixx doesn't like Axl, so it probably won't happen. The only way I think GN'R will get more people in the arena's in the U.S. is either they release a new album or play in smaller places. Also a good opening act would do good for them to, Baz is good, but they need a well-known artist in the U.S., Buckcherry would be cool, but who knows?

I want them to tour the US, but I can see why Axl wouldn't do it. Many people live in 1987 here and still think and wish Slash is in the band. For them to have a successful tour in the U.S. they will need new material, that's really it.

That may all be true, but Axl is only human.

You don't want to play to half filled buildings every night and have your efforts be referred to as "the troubled tour".

Jarmo once talked about how GNR was avoiding the states since they'd probably want to reward the countries where CD did really well, and where the new band is well-recieved. So I'll defer to my last comment where I said that unless they have something new to promote, a U.S. tour is highly unlikely, and if thrown together, would certainly be a "troubled" tour.

Which sucks, as there is definitely an audience for this band in the states, just not on a huge arena tour level anymore.

The truth is that the window for this band to be mainstream again closed after the 2002 tour fell apart, and was certainly soddered shut when they failed to deliver Chinese Democracy, as promised, in 2006. Add Axl's disappearing act around CD's final release in 2008, the complete lack of videos, mainstream interviews and promotion and....I think it's safe to say....A U.S. tour with no new album lined up would most likely be dead on arrival.

So...When's CD II coming? ;)

Edited by sofine11

They tour the States every four years. And according to my math, they will be touring once again this year.

Makes sense.

Well that's just great, but they never came to Dallas or any other Texas city.

You don't want to play to half filled buildings every night and have your efforts be referred to as "the troubled tour".

Jarmo once talked about how GNR was avoiding the states since they'd probably want to reward the countries where CD did really well, and where the new band is well-recieved. So I'll defer to my last comment where I said that unless they have something new to promote, a U.S. tour is highly unlikely, and if thrown together, would certainly be a "troubled" tour.

Which sucks, as there is definitely an audience for this band in the states, just not on a huge arena tour level anymore.

The truth is that the window for this band to be mainstream again closed after the 2002 tour fell apart, and was certainly soddered shut when they failed to deliver Chinese Democracy, as promised, in 2006. Add Axl's disappearing act around CD's final release in 2008, the complete lack of videos, mainstream interviews and promotion and....I think it's safe to say....A U.S. tour with no new album lined up would most likely be dead on arrival.

i don't know if soon is the word.

just kidding. i'm hoping by the end of this year..

Me too. The next album dropping this year is without a shred of doubt the best thing that the band could do, both for themselves, and the fans.

Me too. The next album dropping this year is without a shred of doubt the best thing that the band could do, both for themselves, and the fans.

yeah i think so too. but if they drop the album, i hope its an album recorded with the current line up. if its recorded with buckethead, finck and brain its probably awesome but just not what the band needs now. i think they need a brand new record which is their own.

it would be SO awesome if they dropped it before the europe tour starts and tour it from there :D :D i'm going to the second concert in norway. i would seriously die if they play new songs there :xmassrudolph:

Edited by henfjel

yeah i think so too. but if they drop the album, i hope its an album recorded with the current line up. if its recorded with buckethead, finck and brain its probably awesome but just not what the band needs now. i think they need a brand new record which is their own.

it would be SO awesome if they dropped it before the europe tour starts and tour it from there :D :D i'm going to the second concert in norway. i would seriously die if they play new songs there :xmassrudolph:

I gaurantee you that IF the next album comes out this year (and that's a big IF) Buckethead, Finck, and Bumble will be all over it. Not sure about DJ. To be honest, I'd prefer it that way as those 3 absolutely tore it up on CD.

So...When's CD II coming?

it would be SO awesome if they dropped it before the europe tour starts and tour it from there. i'm going to the second concert in norway. i would seriously die if they play new songs there :xmassrudolph:

I gaurantee you that IF the next album comes out this year (and that's a big IF) Buckethead, Finck, and Bumble will be all over it. Not sure about DJ. To be honest, I'd prefer it that way as those 3 absolutely tore it up on CD.

a huge, gigantic, monumental IF :thumbsup:

yeah it probably will. don't take me wrong, i LOVE CD and CD2 with bh,finck and bumble will probably be the most awesome thing ever :P

dj will probably not be on it, no... but it would be cool if he was :D

but i'll be awesome regardless of who from new guns is on it as long its not paul tobias :P was he on CD?

I think in The States they should start with a few dates and then do more if there is a demand. They could play the big cities and get 6-10 thousand seats...maybe 10 dates to start. Then, if they were cool with playing some 3-5 thousand seat shows in other states and whatnot, it could be a fun tour. It's a shame that they are kind of held to how many tickets they sell, as opposed to just going out and playing and having fun. I just really want to hear a Chinese Democracy-heavy set, as opposed to the old songs. My hope is that Axl has been saving some of these songs like Catcher, Scraped, and TWAT for the US.

Edited by Casual

On one side you have a conceited ugly loud mouth bitch that demands you to fuck her in exactly the way she dictates (USA).

On the other side you have a sensual, generous, enthousiastic hot girl you want to make love to and she wants it too (rest of the world).

Easy pick.