Vienna, September 18th

So that makes three already... only 9000 tickets or so more to sell...

Let's do some kind of meet-up before the show as well (like the Irish guys etc.)!

ah gotta hurry with buying a ticket I see! Will do on monday!

I'm definitely up for a meet-up! :) You guys got a floor tickets or seats btw?

I'll come with 2 friends from Croatia to Wien... and we all got ourselves a floor tickets... if I understand correctly, there wont be a separate fan-pit? just seats n' floor, is that right?

Mango:

I'm pretty sure this is correct, I have never seen a fan pit in the Stadthalle when there was a "normal" shaped stage.

Haven't bought my ticket yet, no stress, in case of emergency it should be possible to buy some at the day of the concert in front of the Stadthalle.

Are you going to the Zagreb concert too?

Sekh-met:

I'm DEFINITELY going to get a floor ticket, everyone younger than 70 should! :)

Edited by Fun n' Games

Mango:

I'm pretty sure this is correct, I have never seen a fan pit in the Stadthalle when there was a "normal" shaped stage.

Haven't bought my ticket yet, no stress, in case of emergency it should be possible to buy some at the day of the concert in front of the Stadthalle.

Are you going to the Zagreb concert too?

Sekh-met:

well I was in Stadthalle only once, I saw Oasis back in Feb 2009, and there was no fan-pit also... just floor tickets and seats. I already bought 3 tickets, one for me and 2 for my friends. And yeah, since I'm from Slovenia, visiting Zagreb show is also.. a must-do :) I have the ticket for ZG also :)

He he, I can see how you are already becoming excited, my friend, me too, me too... :D

Had I known that Oasis was only going to exist for half a year longer, I would have gone to that show. I saw them once them at the Hollywood Bowl though, it was a good experience, but they don't move, just stand behind their mikes, totally unlike Axl. I say: This is no way to do a Rock show!! Watch Axl and learn!

Edited by Fun n' Games

Sekh-met:

haha yeah - good choice, me too! B) I don't enjoy seats much at a gig.

I haven' t seen fan pit at stadthalle either, would love it tho it' s much easier to make your way to the front :P

This is how I do it: Right before the support band comes on, I go as far to the front as possible, but next to the crowd (where no people are) instead of in the crowd. Then I find my way to the center, so I don't have to step in front of people, but only pass them. Then sit down on the floor till concert starts.

Last two times I went to the Stadthalle was Depeche Mode in December 09 and Coldplay in September 08. You?

Yeah, I'm no stranger to that technique :D ..But Sometimes I do it a bit later - when the support band is about to end, depends on the gig and mood I guess :)

Hmm not sure, I know I' ve been there 2 times to see Manson (2003,2007) but I'm not sure if something else...the others were probably all Gasometer, Arena, Planet music and Szene, etc...

What's your fav venue? Mine is definitely Arena-love it there!

This is how I do it: Right before the support band comes on, I go as far to the front as possible, but next to the crowd (where no people are) instead of in the crowd. Then I find my way to the center, so I don't have to step in front of people, but only pass them. Then sit down on the floor till concert starts.

Don't you think that's a bit of a slap in the face to people (like me sometimes) who get there hours before the thing starts (or before the place opens) just to get a good spot?

@ Nat: Have a great time girl! I'll be seeing them as well in October.

thanks, I will! ;) Have fun too! :)

Ticket arrived today :xmasssanta: :thumbsup:rock3

Got mine today too! yay! :D

Haha! Eventim! :P Same company that does the tickets over here. ;)

well yes, both shows I'll see (Zagreb and Vienna) have the Eventim tickets :P:D

I don't mind, as long as I got them all at my address today :xmasssanta: :xmassrudolph:

Yeah, I'm no stranger to that technique :D ..But Sometimes I do it a bit later - when the support band is about to end, depends on the gig and mood I guess :)

Hmm not sure, I know I' ve been there 2 times to see Manson (2003,2007) but I'm not sure if something else...the others were probably all Gasometer, Arena, Planet music and Szene, etc...

Ha, you know your way around in Vienna! :D

I haven't been to those smaller venues too often, saw Alice Cooper in Arena in 2010, Tocotronic (do people know them in Slovakia?) in Planet Music, Prodigy in Gasometer, but I don't really care about the venue. Arena got a nice alternative touch, but if it starts raining, you got a problem.

I love Marilyn Manson too, saw him 2 times. His latest releases really suck though.

Don't you think that's a bit of a slap in the face to people (like me sometimes) who get there hours before the thing starts (or before the place opens) just to get a good spot? :unsure:

Nooo, that's just the way concerts are, you gotta go with the flow! There are many people going in front of me during the concert as well.

Ticket arrived today

Nice!! rock4 rock1 :D

No, it doesn't piss me off, because that's just the way concerts go, and also there are more important things in my life to worry about. Also, I'm not pushing people, just making my way through them like many others.

If you guys really like to play the elbow-game on every guy that steps in front of you then you will probably get into a fight at every second concert. :shrugs:

Whatever. :D

I haven't been to those smaller venues too often, saw Alice Cooper in Arena in 2010, Tocotronic (do people know them in Slovakia?) in Planet Music, Prodigy in Gasometer, but I don't really care about the venue. Arena got a nice alternative touch, but if it starts raining, you got a problem.

I love Marilyn Manson too, saw him 2 times. His latest releases really suck though.

haha well not many bands come here so I have to go to Vienna...it's just around the corner so no problem, we go for nights out there as well sometimes :)

hmm don't think I have ever heard of them, are they austrian?

yeah as much as I love arena last time when I went to see BRMC there it was raining and that kinda sucked but if the weather is nice it's great!

well mr. manson is definitely not what he used to be..back in 2003 I was still interested but in 2007 I got the ticket as a present, otherwise I wouldn't bother :P went to see him in my city (last year I think) was kinda cheap so I gave it a shot...was alright I guess, when he played the new stuff we didn't know we just went for a smoke outside

haha well not many bands come here so I have to go to Vienna...it's just around the corner so no problem, we go for nights out there as well sometimes :)

yeah as much as I love arena last time when I went to see BRMC there it was raining and that kinda sucked but if the weather is nice it's great!

well mr. manson is definitely not what he used to be..back in 2003 I was still interested but in 2007 I got the ticket as a present, otherwise I wouldn't bother :P went to see him in my city (last year I think) was kinda cheap so I gave it a shot...was alright I guess, when he played the new stuff we didn't know we just went for a smoke outside

Tocotronic are a genius German band, not as well known as they would deserve.

Nights out in Vienna, nice! :D

how is the sound in stadthalle?

heard it's terrible, is that true?

Depends on the sound of the specific concert too, of course. Stadthalle itself is ok, as far as I'm concerned. Are you coming?

Those announcements and posters are really all over the city here, can't miss them.

Yeah, I'm no stranger to that technique ..But Sometimes I do it a bit later - when the support band is about to end, depends on the gig and mood I guess

Tocotronic are a genius German band, not as well known as they would deserve.

Nights out in Vienna, nice! :D

hmm might check them out! :)

we love Vienna :D, It's nice to go there once in a while to party when we get bored of Bratislava.

Gonna check the Donauinselfest tomorrow :D

Hey, Bratislava is also cool (: (: (:

It's alright, but living here my whole life other cities seem much more fun! ;)

I had a good laugh today - on ticketportal they are selling a "special offer" bus tickets for 19 € (a train costs only 11€ :ph34r: ) and it returns back to Bratislava at 23:30 (so most likely way before the show ends) ..idiots :lol: