Old GNR Would Have Gotten Boring

Axl Knows

Slash a poor songwriter? The f? Coma, Locomotive? Yes, he's not as good as Axl in my opinion as well, but certainly not bad. Also, please keep in mind his riffs and solos. He has/had an incredible sense of melody.

You know, you don't have to openly hate Slash just because you love Axl :shrugs: Behave yourself

Current GNR is the most boring GNR lineup ever... And current line up GNR has never even recorded a song.

Agreed, but damn, I should have expressed myself a bit more clearly

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were too enamoured with blues based hard rock numbers. I've seen no evidence that Slash or Izzy are capable of writing anything other than old-fashioned hard rock,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodms6Pwf6I :shrugs:

Thank god GNR never became another Judas Priest/Iron Maiden/Kiss/Aerosmith... churning out the same cliched garbage year after year.

Funny thing being, a good bunch of those bands are more respected, bigger draws than GNR these days...

Electric version with vocals, kick ass song!

Slash a poor songwriter? The f? Coma, Locomotive? Yes, he's not as good as Axl in my opinion as well, but certainly not bad. Also, please keep in mind his riffs and solos. He has/had an incredible sense of melody.

You know, you don't have to openly hate Slash just because you love Axl :shrugs: Behave yourself

Current GNR is the most boring GNR lineup ever... And current line up GNR has never even recorded a song.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to quote you... I meant to just do a regular reply. Slash and Axl could still make magic, I refuse to believe any different.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to quote you... I meant to just do a regular reply. Slash and Axl could still make magic, I refuse to believe any different.

Ah :P I was a bit like WTF

Although I pretty much agree with the OP overall, I think Izzy's solo stuff is brilliant. He still writes great lyrics and though most of his material is very blues and folk, it's still great stuff. He's one of my favorite solo artists, along with Ron Thal.

Don't get me wrong, I love classic Guns. Every single song of theirs is unlike anything else. But, I have to say the same thing for current GN'R. Their material is unlike anything I've ever heard. They are their own genre. And that genre is awesome.

"Nah. But I get free blowjobs from your mom. I know that's unrelated but I just thought I should tell you that she gives great head. I'm sure you know that already though."

Judging by your posts, I would of guessed they come directly from Axl, not his mother. But back on topic, the new band is boring. Same old setlists, no new album on the horizon. I'd rather have a boring old band than a boring new band. Gee, I wonder what songs they'll play in Syndey. Axl Knows has a better chance of getting a date, than hearing Civil War, Estranged, Coma, or any other song that is not from the canned setlist.

Besides the setlist (A mix of the hits people want to hear the songs from the album he is promoting) there is nothing boring about the new band playing live. period.

are u that dissillusioned?

Besides the setlist (A mix of the hits people want to hear the songs from the album he is promoting) there is nothing boring about the new band playing live. period.

are u that dissillusioned?

To be fair, the TS was saying that the old band would have become boring. The question is: More boring than the current band?

Just caught the title of this thread "Old GNR would have gotten boring" .....are you serious??? You must be under 20 years old, gotta be. If not your an idiot, sorry..GNR from 1989 thru 1993 were the biggest thing around. Wether your parents hated them, or your little sister loved them, everyone knew who they were and when they were going to be in town. The radio stations played GNR all day long, from AFD, Lies (including the older stuff) on thru Illusions 1 & 2, and bootleg live songs. Where I lived (Waterford, Michigan) if you listend to the radio you COULD NOT MAKE IT THRU THE DAY WITHOUT HEARING AT LEAST 7 DIFFERNT GNR TUNES!! Like Ozzy Osbourne said, "if they stayed together they would have been bigger than the Rolling Stones. You cannot have that type of media exposure and WORLDWIDE success AND FAIL, not possible, there ticket was written. They imploded, simple as that. But to say they would have been boring is just plain stupid. Axl would have served time by now, Slash would probably be dead, so would Duff. GNR stopping probably saved lives, thats how big they were. If they never broke up this website probably doesnt exist, who would need 5 different fansites to dish on the biggest music act in the world. Boring??? I'm still amazed that GNR and boring got used in the same sentance...unbelievable...

[/quote

What he said. Plus Axl would have never let the band become "boring", or "irrelevant". They would have been a combination of U2's constant innovation with the Stones edge. They would have a beautifully produced website, have been more fan friendly, and put out music more consistently because they would have an excellent management team in place. No one hear can say for a minute they wouldn't trade the path that a band like Metallica took for the one that Guns n Roses took. That being said, I love the new band, I love chinese democracy, and I will support whatever Axl does. But don't think I wouldn't trade all of it for Guns having stayed together and became the Rolling Stones of Gen X.

Edited by WilliamBruceBailey

What he said. Plus Axl would have never let the band become "boring", or "irrelevant". They would have been a combination of U2's constant innovation with the Stones edge. They would have a beautifully produced website, have been more fan friendly, and put out music more consistently because they would have an excellent management team in place. No one hear can say for a minute they wouldn't trade the path that a band like Metallica took for the one that Guns n Roses took. That being said, I love the new band, I love chinese democracy, and I will support whatever Axl does. But don't think I wouldn't trade all of it for Guns having stayed together and became the Rolling Stones of Gen X.

U2 were constantly innovative? :rofl-lol: Don't make me laugh. U2 were one of those bands like Queen who were garbage after their first four/five albums and continued to mail it in for the extra dough.

I'd rather Axl maintain some dignity than become another Bono or Mercury, who put shit on record knowing that the brainwashed public will lap it up.

Edited by Axl Knows

U2 were constantly innovative? :rofl-lol: Don't make me laugh. U2 were one of those bands like Queen who were garbage after their first four/five albums and continued to mail it in for the extra dough.

I'd rather Axl maintain some dignity than become another Bono or Mercury, who put shit on record knowing that the brainwashed public will lap it up.

Whooaaa there buddy. Don't go dissing Queen. They were and always will be amazing.

Whooaaa there buddy. Don't go dissing Queen. They were and always will be amazing.

The only bands he likes are Guns N' Roses, Sebastian Bach and Bumblefoot.

Nah, Freddie Mercury is the most overrated singer of all time for starters. People think he had this amazing voice and vocal range... wrong. He sounded like garbage live and eschewed all of the high notes. Queen recorded only one good song post 1980.

The only bands he likes are Guns N' Roses, Sebastian Bach and Bumblefoot.

Actually, I literally despise Bach's voice and can't stand any glam metal. Try again. :rofl-lol:

Nah, Freddie Mercury is the most overrated singer of all time for starters. People think he had this amazing voice and vocal range... wrong. He sounded like garbage live and eschewed all of the high notes. Queen recorded only one good song post 1980.

I don't think he's overrated at all. He sounded great live and he always had the audience in the palm of his hand. I rank him as my number four vocalist of all time.

I disagree. Anyway, back to GNR. The bottom line is that the new lineup brought a fresh, new approach to songwriting. The former members of GNR are all completely stagnant and passionless as writers now.

How can you consider Izzy stagnant and passionless? He's a genius.

Axl and dignity used together in a sentence? That's a first. The dude has been a constant punchline for years now. Is that how you define dignity?

Axl and dignity used together in a sentence? That's a first. The dude has been a constant punchline for years now. Is that how you define dignity?

I know that this is bait and that you're a hardcore Slash cockrider/Axl hater but I'll bite anyway...

Regardless of what you think of Axl, he hasn't sucked corporate dick the way Slash has for years. He makes and releases music on his own terms completely. That's dignity. Something Saul and Duff wouldn't know much about.

Edited by Axl Knows

Regardless of what you think of Axl, he hasn't sucked corporate dick the way Slash has for years. He makes and releases music on his own terms completely.

It's more of a hobby for him

Nah, it's just more about the music and less about the limelight.

He has a very good point. Slash is a huge sell-out.

Axl most definitely has dignity. How can he not? He's the greatest frontman of all time. And he doesn't give in to what the media and so-called "fans" want him to do.