Memories of a good time with GNR - Share yours

M&S

Donnigton 2006 - Axl came out early all guns blazing everyone around was chanting his name and he did a littlle axl shuffle........ then got pissed off and left and the chants turned to "axl is an asshole!" then he came back played some tunes and won the crowd in the end. a proper rock show.

Glasgow 2006 BFMV were supporting and i was really pissed all these emo kids were all over the front row untill guns came out and everyone charged forward and they all dissapeared hah.

Glasgow 2006 BFMV were supporting and i was really pissed all these emo kids were all over the front row untill guns came out and everyone charged forward and they all dissapeared hah.

:lol:

I remember the exact same thing when I saw them at Sheffield

lol wheres slash, fuck that guys original.

a guy in halifax looked at me and said "Wheres slash, oops did i say that?" i went LOLOLOLOLOL in the most obnoxious way possible.

I went to Indiana 91 and Tampa 0.6

and yet you still like the new band? but i thought only kids who dont know what they were talking about like the new band?

BBA WHAT IS HAPPENING IM CONFUSED!!!

--

my favorite gnr moment isnt live, it has to be the first time i listened to my Michelle in 2003. it changed everything.

Edited by Jackie Moon

I've never seen GnR, nor any of its past or present members (Seeing Slash in a couple weeks though), but I would say one of the best times I had with some Guns relevance is when I went on camp, and we went to go see the dolphins. As soon as the dolphins swam next to the boat, me and my friend looked at each other and started singing Estranged at the top of our lungs. Everyone looked at us weirdly but it was totally worth it. (And yes the guitar-dolphin noises were made)

Good times.

I've never seen GnR, nor any of its past or present members (Seeing Slash in a couple weeks though), but I would say one of the best times I had with some Guns relevance is when I went on camp, and we went to go see the dolphins. As soon as the dolphins swam next to the boat, me and my friend looked at each other and started singing Estranged at the top of our lungs. Everyone looked at us weirdly but it was totally worth it. (And yes the guitar-dolphin noises were made)

Good times.

and then all the high school kids started dancing on the boat when the captain played "better" on the speakers???????

well, my greatest gnr-moment was seeing them in HelsinkiLive last june. Axl sounded great, Dj and Fortus made me cum my pants...but the greatest gnr-related moment was seeing Loaded last year. It was such an intimate gig. Michael Monroe came and sang New Rose, Attitude and It's So Easy (?). And because Duff is my favourite gunner (past or present), it was one of the greatest gigs i've ever been to.

but the greatest gnr-related moment was seeing Loaded last year. It was such an intimate gig. Michael Monroe came and sang New Rose, Attitude and It's So Easy (?). And because Duff is my favourite gunner (past or present), it was one of the greatest gigs i've ever been to.

Yeah, I need to add Duff and Loaded in here too. He's always been my fave gunner, and first time I saw Loaded was amazing. Had to travel to UK to see them, since they never tour Scandinavia, but it was absolutely worth it. One of the smallest shows I've been to, but also one of the best! Up there with gnr 2010 shows, without a doubt.

I remember being like ten years younger, early 00's, reading some pop-journalist reminiscing eighties and nineties stuff. I remember him starting to go on about November Rain. How over the top it is, how appropriate it is that its so over the top, the silly yet completely fitting music video it has. I remember the song starting to play in my head. I remember how, suddenly, im a little boy in the early nineties, watching an MTV that still played music videos, seeing that video. I remember rushing to my CDs and putting the song on. And how I was like yeah, hes right, theres nothing else quite like this. so extreme, so pretty, so insane in concept yet so perfectly executed. I remember turning on some p2p thing, was it kazaa or some such, trying to get my hands, or eyes, on the video again. Remember watching it as a young adult, the whole craziness that is November Rain. And I was like yeah, there really is nothing quite like it in the whole of pop history.

I also remember like some article, that was talking about Guns n Roses like they were the last real rock band that made it. That were still like, more like the real crazy dogs rock musicians used to be. Remember referencing a video where slash climbs out of a huge black limo unto this massive red carpet thing. remember thinking to myself, in awe, of how slash and the others, looked like these scruffy, drunken fuckups that I see every day. and there they were in a completely alien world filled with these, plastic surgery buffoons and botox faces. the striking contrast that was so obvious on video but didnt ever really translate well into photographs. I remember the article making it all out like, they were the perfect specimen of the concept of a perfect, "dangerous" rockband, but the immenseness of their success, or more rather all the side dishes you get when you start to sell your albums in the tens and tens of millions, ultimately fucked them up. how they were not made for the red carpet and major news headlines kind of thing that they ended up in for a short while. Remember agreeing with that.

I remember being a kid, I got home from someplace but it had been raining densely outside. I remember setting myself up infront of the TV, completely drenched, drinking hot chocolate and playing the you could be mine video over and over again from tape, waiting for my friend to arrive so we could play chess.

Also I remember hearing Oh My God for the first time and as I was a big industrial head at the time, late nineties, into white zombie manson and NIN and all that, how I got all psyched up about the idea of getting to hear Axls new album. fuck...

thanks for this thread.

Well---- I've had tickets for GNR 7 times and saw 5 shows ----(two were cancelled)------EVERY show was amazing !!!!!

1st show---1992---Rosemont (Chicago) I will never forget hearing the opening of COMA and screaming Holy F%^&n S&*t !!!!! ---little did I know that would be one of the only times they played it---AMAZING !!! ---the pro shot boots have nothing on being there. On a side note The Smashing Pumpkins opened the show as a surprise guest. Now I am a HUGE fan of the 1st 3 Pumpkin albums (especially Gish which was this tour). I was in Heaven !!!!!!. Problem was Nobody liked the Pumpkins except me it seemed like. I didn't care and screamed my head off after their killer set. They practically got booed off the stage. I understand because Gish was an album not radio friendly but a brilliant album that took multiple listens to get how good it was----I am A huge fan of Zep, Floyd, Rush, Sabbath----and Gish was as good as an album by one of those bands as far as I am concerned. Anyway the GNR show was Amazing and most of you know this if you have seen th pro shot boot

2nd show--1992--Rosemont (Chicago) on the way to the show we hear on WLUP that the show is cancelled. We turn right around on the highway and head back to the city ( I think the show was cancelled because of a warrent out for AXL--- maybe for St. Louis------we are pissed but still gratefull for the previous night------all we could talk about was how good coma was !!!

3rd Show---- don't remember the year but it was a show in Tinley Park, ILL around the 4th or 5th of July. I threw a huge before show party but the show was cancelled again (Maybe St. Louis issues again but I don't remember)

4th Show----1992 --Indianapolis with Metallica------Both bands were amazing !!!! Indoor fireworks at the hoosierdome afterwards !!!! Missed the opener Faith No More who released their swansong IMHO that year.....

5th Show---1993--Iowa City---Hawkeye Arena ( no Chicago date on this tour ---Axl probably did not want anyone to try and arrest him again )----only problem was we had a six hour drive----3 hours into the drive we got arrested---long funny story that would take hours to tell------BUT----we made it to the show and the sound was one of the best GNR shows I ever heard----when they brought the couch onstage for the acoustic's it was unreal. I went with a friend and we had two college girls we did not know on our shoulders with their shirts off--bras on-- in the the 10th row. Axl pointed at the girls a few times

6th and 7th shows---newgnr---2002 ? and after --- were both at the OLD Rosemont Horizon. I still felt the GNR magic and am glad Axl kept the name and songs. Both shows sounded amazing !!!! GNR was always Axl's vision. I was a little disappointed with CD and it's production (to me some of the demos sound better than the final cuts) but will always support AXL-----I look forward to hearing any new music-----and thank you GNR for years of inspiration ...

• 2 weeks later...

This

Seeing as I'm both an Axl and DJ fan, it was just even more amazing seeing them both. I stood right in front of the stage and got to see everything so close. Axl was in such a great mood and DJ pointed to me when he saw I wore a t-shirt with his picture on it. It was easily the best day of my life.

Oh yeah, and I got to hug DJ when he jumped down from stage to play his solo during Nighttrain and went over to where I was standing.

and this one, probably my fave GNR song.

I remember that! You're the girl who was in the front of the line outside, right? I was right behind you, but choosed the left side with Ron/Richard in Aalborg, instead of the DJ side..

And for me, all the shows I've been to are great memories. Bergen, as it was the first time I saw them. Oslo, especially as I met the band later. And Aalborg was the best show by far, the band was SO great you've no idea, if you weren't there of course. They were also fantastic in Helsinki. But I didn't see a shit because I stood a bit further back, and I'm not very tall. So in the beginning I was crying and couldn't even breath.. yeah.. I think it came as a shock to me, to don't have front row :lol:

Yep, that was me :)

you're right, the Aalborg concert was amazing, the best show I've ever seen. You're so lucky you got to meet Axl and co. I met Ron only, which was cool though, he was super nice.

I agree with You two about the Aalborg concert... It was an amazing show.. I don't care about meeting the guys, hugging Dj etc.. But I suppose that is because I'm not a girl :D

It is the only Guns concert I've ever been to (not the last one though), so can't really compare it to anything :)

Too bad to hear about Helsinki, Scaramouche. :( I thought You always had front row? ;)

I saw them in Cologne/ Germany in '92 and for me it was the most insane moment in my life.

I was lucky to see Izzy again with Axl together in 2006 in Warsaw.

I love this guys forever and no matter witch line up they have they still Guns n Roses for me, because for me Axl is Guns n Roses. :wub:

London, ON 2002: Insane snow storm, we thought we'd be late, hell we were, but thankfully so was the band B) Sold out the day of the show and people were basically being turned away from the box office but we saw some kids trying to sneak in. Band was awesome, Axl taunted the cops during Out ta Get Me, and some crazy guy wound up in the rafters running around. People were screaming in the streets after the show.

Ottawa, ON 2006: Extremely energetic crowd. The opening songs saw just a crush of bodies slamming around. Suicide Girls also made my drunken wait for the band way more tolerable.

Toronto, ON 2010: I should add Hamilton in there. Got to see both Catcher in the Rye and There Was a Time live, amazing renditions. Also, This I Love is killer live, just haunting. Tightest lineup ever for the band since the Appetite days. With all due respect to Gilby and Matt, I'd much rather have Frank and Richard. DJ has amazing stage presence and this is actually the best the band has sounded live since the Illusions era.

I've actually been really spoiled since for whatever reason, GN'R Canadian shows seem to have had something stellar. And in 2010 they finally conquered the notoriously lame Toronto audience (seriously crowds here usually blow) and got some great responses.