Reading Festival - HELP!!!

andy-robertson

Hi all,

I know this probably doesn't really belong here, but I need lots of people to see this in a short time period. (MODS - please just give this a day or two so that enough people can see it and hopefully help me out!)

Pretty much what it says in the topic title, I have a ticket, but none of my friends could afford it/were around this year.

If any of you people that are going have room for another person in your group I am need of a 'rent-a-crowd'. If you think you could tolerate someone else coming to party, here's a little bit about me so you can get an idea if I'll fit in:

Single Male, 24 years old.

Seasoned festival goer, (Reading 2002/3/4/5/6/7/8/10; Download 2006/10; Hard Rock Calling 2006/7/8/10)

Like to party quite hard, but I'm not intending on doing anything particularly naughty in terms of chemicals, though I don't mind if others do.... but to be honest, once you get there, most rules go out the window!

Some of the bands I'd like to see:

GN'R (duh!)

QOTSA

Biffy Clyro

Lost Prophets

Arcade Fire/Pendulum

Gaslight Anthem

Serj Tankian

Weezer

Cypress Hill

Limp Bizkit

etc etc

So if you want to be a good samaritan and give a GN'R fan a home for the weekend, please PM me and we can do the whole phone number/facebook thing.

Oh, and I'll be driving from Farnham in Surrey, so if you need a lift from somewhere within a reasonable radius on the Thursday I'm sure that could be arranged.

Many thanks.

go on your own dude, meet people there. that's my plan. and you're gonna have to choose between arcade fire & pendulum :tongue2:

Yeah, I was thinking that since I've already seen Arcade Fire twice, I might watch bit, then pop to see a bit of Pendulum.

So you're going on your own too? I could just go on my own and meet people wherever I end up camping, but it's always better if you've got at least someone you know there.

Yeah, mine arrived the other day. I think they're all being sent out by lots of different courier firms, as the guy who delivered mine wasn't from Royal Mail or anything like that, but I still had to sign for it on the gizmo thing, and it was all the usual Ticketmaster stuff inside the envelope.

So what I'm saying is, DON'T PANIC!!! :)

They probably get sent out in batches to different courier firms, and obviously done by geographic region and delivery radius, so you should be fine.

Now, back on topic! Anyone got room for an extra person at their campsite?!

rock1

Yeah, mine arrived the other day. I think they're all being sent out by lots of different courier firms, as the guy who delivered mine wasn't from Royal Mail or anything like that, but I still had to sign for it on the gizmo thing, and it was all the usual Ticketmaster stuff inside the envelope.

So what I'm saying is, DON'T PANIC!!! :)

They probably get sent out in batches to different courier firms, and obviously done by geographic region and delivery radius, so you should be fine.

Now, back on topic! Anyone got room for an extra person at their campsite?!

rock1

Sorry can't oblige as I'm not camping, only really going for Guns and Queens Of The Stone Age on Friday and staying in a hotel. I will however say that I camped at Download all on my lonesome (nobody else could come and I had to see Slash!) and just got talking to some people on my campsite and had an awsome time with some great people. I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

At Download I saw a 'Camp Loner' group with people who went on their own and just all camped together.

Check the Reading forums and see if they have anything like that?

Just out of interest, and this is probably an obvious question - Will GN'R use full pyro at the festival gigs?

Presuming the answer is yes, but a lot of headliners seem to have much lower-key stage shows.

Usually headliners can bring their own set up at festivals.

At Download I saw a 'Camp Loner' group with people who went on their own and just all camped together.

Check the Reading forums and see if they have anything like that?

Just out of interest, and this is probably an obvious question - Will GN'R use full pyro at the festival gigs?

Presuming the answer is yes, but a lot of headliners seem to have much lower-key stage shows.

Usually headliners can bring their own set up at festivals.

Eg AC/DC at Download who brought their own frigging STAGE!! Haha...

But yes, I'd expect the works from GN'R seeing as Metallica have always had their pyro and stuff whenever I've seen them at Reading, so no compliance issues there. Whether or not Axl decides to show up however, is a different matter entirely!!!