Leeds Not Cancelled

AxlIsGod.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/52742

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose last night (August 27) declared that the band will not play Leeds Festival tomorrow (August 29), after the plug was pulled on the band's late-running Reading Festival show.

Video footage of the frontman making the declaration at the end of the Reading set has emerged online watch it by scrolling down and clicking below.

Rose said: "Unfortunately due to tonight we will not be at Leeds, although we will try and play a bit more now."

However, today a Reading And Leeds Festivals spokesperson told NME that the band were still scheduled to headline at Leeds.

Last night at Reading Guns N' Roses came onstage an hour late. Later they attempted to keep playing without full amplification after the plug was pulled on them.

Festival chief Melvin Benn said: "After failing to take to the stage at the scheduled 9.30pm (BST) time, the performance started at 10.30pm and the band were given permission by the festival to play 30 minutes extra to its scheduled 11.30pm finish until midnight."

He added: "Guns N' Roses wanted to 'extend' the new agreed curfew past midnight but were prevented from doing so in order to comply with the entertainment licence issued by Reading Borough Council."

Also, more to confirm

Tommy Stinson Twitter:

unless you know something i don't. i'm fuckin playing leeds tomorrow.lol

Edited by AxlIsGod.

This is very interesting, I really fucking hope they go into Leeds and blow the fucking imaginary roof off the place with a Tokyo set...they have SO much attention on them now because of last night if they deliver at Leeds it would be a turning point no doubt.

I tweeted something similar to this post to both Bumble and DJ, killer show please.

Leeds will know Better and rock on all night long! about that, when did rock n' roll get so 9 to 5 job? that a lot of people expect bands to "do their job" because, from my knowledge, singing is art, so, sometimes you fell like doing it, sometimes you don't, and so the time is way irrelevant in an artistic mind! so, maybe, all you naysayers should learn some more about art and artists and care less on social submission. that is what rock n' roll is about ! isn't it? then hey, maybe you lost it on the way of your "becoming" an robot (it comes from the Slavic word which means "worker").

Leeds will know Better and rock on all night long! about that, when did rock n' roll get so 9 to 5 job? that a lot of people expect bands to "do their job" because, from my knowledge, singing is art, so, sometimes you fell like doing it, sometimes you don't, and so the time is way irrelevant in an artistic mind! so, maybe, all you naysayers should learn some more about art and artists and care less on social submission. that is what rock n' roll is about ! isn't it? then hey, maybe you lost it on the way of your "becoming" an robot (it comes from the Slavic word which means "worker").

If someone tells you months in advance that they are going to be performing at a set place at a set time and you make thousands of dollars in travel arrangements just to see the man and he doesnt show up its not a big deal?

If someone tells you months in advance that they are going to be performing at a set place at a set time and you make thousands of dollars in travel arrangements just to see the man and he doesnt show up its not a big deal?

The promotor throwing shit in the press before they even arrive is cool?

If I was them I would've done the same shit.

I would expect it! and I am actually, since I'll try and see them live on 21th an 23th of September. and it's all about money is it? :shrugs:

nope. not for me. I'll probably get drunk and take some girl to have fun with. I'll make the most of it in that night. to remember that life is not about certainty and security you ask for others to deliver, but in myself!

Edited by roua gri