Optimum Axl show hour

SL138

I ve been to 3 GNR concerts so far and I know a lot about these events being an organizator myself.

Personally I love axl coming late. going from backdoor directly to the stage... I am not thirsty enough after just 30 mins I should at least wait for 1.5 hours to really go mad when they come up with the big boom of cd.

However for organizators there should be an optimum hour for GNR

If you book them to headline at 7pm they would still wait till its 10pm and make the crowd absolutely mad and cause a riot. + no to mention the security, production, catering extras

If you book them to play around 11pm then they wd probably go around 11:40pm but then you may lose your license cuz of the curfew and will have to provide everybody some way to go back home etc..

Well the best thing is booking gnr somewhere downtown where theres no curfew and 24h transportation but thats impossible. So if you were given the chance to what hour would you book them?

I just wouldn't. If you can't let them play whatever time they want to then you shouldn't bother.

Not saying it's right, just saying how it is.

I ve been to 3 GNR concerts so far and I know a lot about these events being an organizator myself.

Personally I love axl coming late. going from backdoor directly to the stage... I am not thirsty enough after just 30 mins I should at least wait for 1.5 hours to really go mad when they come up with the big boom of cd.

However for organizators there should be an optimum hour for GNR

If you book them to headline at 7pm they would still wait till its 10pm and make the crowd absolutely mad and cause a riot. + no to mention the security, production, catering extras

If you book them to play around 11pm then they wd probably go around 11:40pm but then you may lose your license cuz of the curfew and will have to provide everybody some way to go back home etc..

Well the best thing is booking gnr somewhere downtown where theres no curfew and 24h transportation but thats impossible. So if you were given the chance to what hour would you book them?

Every decently size city has a curfew for events and such.

well this time

they were apparently booked to play at 21:45

they showed up at 22:26 (pretty nice in my opinion)

but there still goes a riot ...

being 40 mins late is just freakin normal ! whats wrong with irish?

maybe they just have to promote the concert with a starting hour like around 8-9pm..

something vague like this. so nobody would expect anything punctual

As others have said put on the ticket "Guns N Roses will be on stage at 22:30, this concert will finish after midnight."

The trouble with this however is that it will hurt ticket sales.

As I see it there are two ways things can go:

1) Play arenas but come on at 9.

2) Play smaller venues but come on later. [Or do fewer dates]

Otherwise members of the crowd will get restless if its not explicit that the show will finish after midnight and this drama will continue.

As others have said put on the ticket "Guns N Roses will be on stage at 22:30, this concert will finish after midnight."

The trouble with this however is that it will hurt ticket sales.

As I see it there are two ways things can go:

1) Play arenas but come on at 9.

2) Play smaller venues but come on later. [Or do fewer dates]

Otherwise members of the crowd will get restless if its not explicit that the show will finish after midnight and this drama will continue.

In all of this I dont see anybody saying anything about staff and security and the fucking Roadies and truck drivers that tear down and move the shit to the next town...those fuckers have to be paid over time for doing thier job;