Helmet: GN'R "Treated us great, and we had an absolute blast"

kyrie

So Danko Jones, Murderdolls, and now Helmet - all having nice things to say about GN'R. You know the majority of press outlets won't pick up on any of these stories (especially rock outlets like Blabbermouth who prefer the negative spin) but it's cool to see.

http://www.caller.com/news/2010/oct/01/helmet-happy-to-be-on-more-congenial-tour/

CORPUS CHRISTI — Helmet’s first tour in support of its new studio CD, “Seeing Eye Dog,” will be a headlining run that continues through Nov. 5.

Frontman Page Hamilton said he remains open to opening for other bands on tour, despite a couple such outings that didn’t work out. A tour with Marilyn Manson years ago was one especially sour experience.

“It was a terrible match,” Hamilton said. “I just had a miserable time on the tour.” Hamilton said the Manson fans made it very clear that they wanted to see the main act and were not interested in watching any other band.

A recent support slot with Guns ‘N Roses was a more positive experience. “Axl asked for us,” Hamilton said. “And they treated us great, and we had an absolute blast and I would do it in a heartbeat again.”

If only he would treat his fans with as much love and respect..........no hate just stating reality.........

Not quite sure what else you are looking for. GN'R tweet all the time keeping fans up to date. The band members tweet all the time and talk to fans through FaceBook as well. Hell, Bumblefoot has even gone so far as to keep the Ron's Beard thing going as a running joke with the fans. Ron posts pictures of the fans to tag themselves in after each gig!!!

What are you looking for? Personal messages from Axl himself?

Edited by T.W.A.T.

If only he would treat his fans with as much love and respect..........no hate just stating reality.........

Not quite sure what else you are looking for. GN'R tweet all the time keeping fans up to date. The band members tweet all the time and talk to fans through FaceBook as well. Hell, Bumblefoot has even gone so far as to keep the Ron's Beard thing going as a running joke with the fans. Ron posts pictures of the fans to tag themselves in after each gig!!!

I find his going onstage late at Reading and Leeds after having being warned about the curfew and having the plug pulled and walking off stage for 45 minutes a slap in the face of fans and inexcusable and I also find the whole tour cancelled cracked tweet fiasco where there was no official statement as to the tour status a lack of respect for fans who had made plans and laid out big $$$ and did not know what the fuck was going on...

I think our old friend John Bonham summed it up pretty well in a post titled "Why Does Axl Hate His Fans?" on the other GnR forum..and I quote

-no new album

-no leaks

-no b-sides

-no videos

-no reunion

-no interviews

-no US tour

-no tweets

-no proshot vids on the facebook or myspace page

-no fan club

-no corrected liner notes

-no bandmember Q&A vids

-no TV appearances

-no rare songs shuffled into the setlists

-no group photos

-no books about new gnr

-no magazine articles

-no remasters of old Guns albums (!?!? WTF)

-no live stream

-no live DVD of new guns

and more unlikely

-no bucket

-no finck

-no brain

-no slash

-no love

-no nothing

and I add

No live vault material

Did he miss anything??

Yeah, he missed a lot. John Bonehead misses the point entirely and is bitching for the sake of satisfying the vagina between his legs.

All those members - Slash, Bucket, Finck, Brain - chose not to be in the band anymore for their own reasons. I'm not sure how these members' decisions equates to Axl Rose hating his fans. Of course, if you're retarded, which a lot of people who post on this board are, I suppose it's relatively easy to put 2 and 2 together to get 5.

Ron, DJ, Brain, Tommy, and Richard have all done small interviews over the last two years about the album. Brain even went into full detail about how his drum parts were laid down! People around here tend to forget these things as soon as they happen, however. Axl personally gave us our own damn interview about the album and the state of GN'R, and quite frankly, it doesn't get much better than that.

Honestly, John Bonehead put "no leaks" as a reason? Jesus. Yeah...Axl really hates his fans for not leaking material he's been working on for years...

Look, the point is everyone knows the band goes on stage late. Always has and always will. You don't like it? Watch footage from the concert on YouTube later and pass on going to the gig. It's unfortunate what happened at Reading and Leeds, but at least Axl stayed and even sung through a megaphone. That shows that, while he is still doing things his and the band's way, he does care and tried with what power he had available to put on a show. As Axl himself pointed out, why did the fuck heads at Reading and Leeds book the band when they knew their reputation for going on late? Why do you fuck heads on here continuously moan out your sandy vaginas when you all KNOW the band is going to be on late?

There's not much need for "official statements" when there's FaceBook updates and Twitter updates. More people are reached through those two things than an official statement.

For all you complainers, you can relate everything to do with the band and your problems to a simple and basic ECONOMIC QUESTION: Is the opportunity cost of liking Guns N' Roses worth it to you? If you go see the band you will most likely have to forego getting a good night's sleep and have to arrange alternative methods of getting home; if you like the band enough to put up with that, then the opportunity cost of liking the band is worth it to you. If you can't handle GN'R going on late, not seeing Slash or the original guys, and you somehow feel like the band owes you something personally...then the opportunity cost is too great and you shouldn't bother attempting to see them.

Edited by T.W.A.T.

If Axl didn't care about the fans, he wouldn't tour and he wouldn't have gone on this very forum around Christmas time to answer all of our personal questions. Plain and simple.

I always hear "Axl's this, Axl's that, Axl, Axl, blah, blah, blah". There's probably a lot of lawsuits and shit we don't know about as well. Hop off.

I find his going onstage late at Reading and Leeds after having being warned about the curfew and having the plug pulled and walking off stage for 45 minutes a slap in the face of fans and inexcusable and I also find the whole tour cancelled cracked tweet fiasco where there was no official statement as to the tour status a lack of respect for fans who had made plans and laid out big $$$ and did not know what the fuck was going on...

I think our old friend John Bonham summed it up pretty well in a post titled "Why Does Axl Hate His Fans?" on the other GnR forum..and I quote

-no new album

It's not time

-no leaks

Are you retarded? What's this got to do with the band?

-no b-sides

So? B-sides were originally paired with singles which are rarely released in physical form these days, and many bands skip them

-no videos

I would have liked one, but Pearl Jam went years without making videos. So did Metallica.

-no reunion

Idiot

-no interviews

There have been many interviews on this tour with DJ, Ron, Tommy, Dizzy, etc.

-no US tour

Wait your turn. It's coming.

-no tweets

There are tweets daily from the band

So?

-no fan club

This was addressed by Axl who feels fan clubs are a way of cashing in and don't give much back to the fans

This is likely a label issue

-no bandmember Q&A vids

So?

-no TV appearances

What would you have them appear on? MTV? Crap. VH1? Slightly less crap. Some late night show? Meh

Catcher in the Rye, IRS back, Shacklers, Whole Lotta Rosie, Patience returns... setlists have been great

-no group photos

There's been one or two just not official ones but is this really a big deal? There's shots all over these boards of the band taking a bow at the end of shows. That's called a ... group photo

-no books about new gnr

bands do not commission books on themselves. This is another idiotic complaint

-no magazine articles

I didn't know DJ wrote for Rolling Stone, nor Tommy for Billboard. There are lots of articles written about the band anyway. Try google

Is there a reason for this?

-no live stream

Part of Reading

-no live DVD of new guns

And? There's only 1 of old guns that I can think of...

and more unlikely

-no bucket

-no finck

-no brain

-no slash

-no love

-no nothing

Cry me a fucking river

and I add

No live vault material

Did he miss anything??

I know you're quoting someone else but those are some of the most asinine complaints I've ever heard.

GN'R going on late is old news.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Speaking personally he does.

Yeah he strokes each fan with his soft hands!!!

-no new album

-no leaks

-no b-sides

-no videos

-no reunion

-no interviews

-no US tour

-no tweets

-no fan club

-no bandmember Q&A vids

-no TV appearances

-no group photos

-no books about new gnr

-no magazine articles

-no live stream

-no live DVD of new guns

and more unlikely

-no bucket

-no finck

-no brain

-no slash

-no love

-no nothing

and I add

No live vault material

Did he miss anything??

Yeah, he missed a lot. John Bonehead misses the point entirely and is bitching for the sake of satisfying the vagina between his legs.

All those members - Slash, Bucket, Finck, Brain - chose not to be in the band anymore for their own reasons. I'm not sure how these members' decisions equates to Axl Rose hating his fans. Of course, if you're retarded, which a lot of people who post on this board are, I suppose it's relatively easy to put 2 and 2 together to get 5.

Ron, DJ, Brain, Tommy, and Richard have all done small interviews over the last two years about the album. Brain even went into full detail about how his drum parts were laid down! People around here tend to forget these things as soon as they happen, however. Axl personally gave us our own damn interview about the album and the state of GN'R, and quite frankly, it doesn't get much better than that.

Honestly, John Bonehead put "no leaks" as a reason? Jesus. Yeah...Axl really hates his fans for not leaking material he's been working on for years...

Look, the point is everyone knows the band goes on stage late. Always has and always will. You don't like it? Watch footage from the concert on YouTube later and pass on going to the gig. It's unfortunate what happened at Reading and Leeds, but at least Axl stayed and even sung through a megaphone. That shows that, while he is still doing things his and the band's way, he does care and tried with what power he had available to put on a show. As Axl himself pointed out, why did the fuck heads at Reading and Leeds book the band when they knew their reputation for going on late? Why do you fuck heads on here continuously moan out your sandy vaginas when you all KNOW the band is going to be on late?

There's not much need for "official statements" when there's FaceBook updates and Twitter updates. More people are reached through those two things than an official statement.

For all you complainers, you can relate everything to do with the band and your problems to a simple and basic ECONOMIC QUESTION: Is the opportunity cost of liking Guns N' Roses worth it to you? If you go see the band you will most likely have to forgo getting a good night's sleep and have to arrange alternative methods of getting home; if you like the band enough to put up with that, then the opportunity cost of liking the band is worth it to you. If you can't handle GN'R going on late, not seeing Slash or the original guys, and you somehow feel like the band owes you something personally...then the opportunity cost is too great and you shouldn't bother attempting to see them.

I like how you focused on a few items in the list and conveniently ignored the rest.....Axl has given fans little to get excited about other than an album 14 years in the making and some live shows in the last 10 years..... other than that it has been nothing...He won't even let current band members talk about what is going on...Axl is where he is because of his because of fans buying his stuff so I don't think it is too much to ask to throw them a bone now and then....but you are right he does not owe us anything and he treats his fans that way which is why his fan base shrinks as time goes on..............

Your statements putting the blame on the promoters at Reading and Leeds is laughable as Axl knew there was a curfew well ahead of time and could have gotten on stage on time if he wanted to...Its called being professional. If he did not like the rules he could have declined to contract to play these shows....and how long did it take before any word came from the GnR camp through legitimate outlets, not a phone call to Eric on MYGNR, that the tour was still on?? You think every fan comes here to get their GnR news??......another case of a fan who believes it is never Axl's fault...............

I conveniently ignored the rest of the list? That list is 26 items long and the entire thing is bullshit. I didn't conveniently ignore anything. I focused on the most ridiculous of the points to illustrate the train of thought John Dip-Fucking-Shit has with regards to the band, and how utterly stupid his list is. You really want me to write 26 responses to a bullshit list that was put together by someone who really isn't interested in the band? Pfft...no one here would read the ensuing book.

Has it ever occurred to you that Axl may have had other things going on in his life for the last 14 years - namely lawsuits and picking up the pieces from where the former Gunners left off - than to worry about poor hard-done-by fans such as yourself? In one of the most famous interviews he has done he specifically told people like you "not to hold their breath" while waiting for Chinese Democracy. Axl has been very straight forward with his fans. He has also said that he expects to be touring in support of the new album for quite awhile. Go read his forum chats, damn it!

The current members talk about Chinese Democracy all the time! Every interview with Bumblefoot it's the main topic of discussion, and Bumblefoot answers every question! What he doesn't answer are questions related to new music that is not out yet and business related questions that he probably can't answer because he doesn't know, or because he would get crucified by fans like you if things didn't work out. As far as not talking about future new music...why is that a big deal? Most bands and artists don't want to talk about their unfinished or upcoming work until it's time to do so. But not talking about new material isn't even the fucking case here - Axl Rose himself!!! came on here and answered a ton of questions regarding stuff not on Chinese Democracy - he told us song names, gave us descriptions of tracks, etc. Again, you want answers and information, go read his forum chats! These same chats have been broadcast all over the net too, so it's not like you, or anyone else who is interested in the band haven't had chance to read them.

When Axl and GN'R were at their height in the early 90's Axl gave a lot of interviews. He was in the public eye a lot then, and probably because you were not old enough to see or experience it, you don't acknowledge that fact. Axl has long paid his dues to his fans of the original generation that fell in love with GN'R. Since the early 90's a lot of shit has happened with this band, and in my opinion, Axl has picked up the pieces amazingly well and rebuilt a legendary band from scratch. Axl today is repaying his fans with amazing music and ridiculously long sets during each gig! He is winning over a completely new generation, despite what you claim. If his fan base is shrinking so much, why are GN'R concerts still selling out?

Your head is up your ass.

Actually Axl commented pretty quickly on what happened with Reading and Leeds. Richard, Ron, and DJ commented immediately afterwards too. They all tweeted about it. The three guitarists had FaceBook statuses about it. There was an apology from Axl. It was pretty professional, and Axl was sincerely trying to explain the situation to the fans. Some of us got the picture, some of us (like you) didn't and continue to bitch. I don't know whether you're aware, but there's usually limits on how late shows can go on, and GN'R have continuously broke the rules on this. Most of the time the promoter doesn't pull the plug. It was just a particular case with a power-tripping promoter this time 'round. Get over it. This is one of the smoothest GN'R tours to date.

Edited by T.W.A.T.

-no new album

It's not time

-no leaks

-no b-sides

So? B-sides were originally paired with singles which are rarely released in physical form these days, and many bands skip them

-no videos

I would have liked one, but Pearl Jam went years without making videos. So did Metallica.

-no reunion

Idiot

-no interviews

-no US tour

-no tweets

So?

-no fan club

This was addressed by Axl who feels fan clubs are a way of cashing in and don't give much back to the fans

-no bandmember Q&A vids

So?

-no TV appearances

What would you have them appear on? MTV? Crap. VH1? Slightly less crap. Some late night show? Meh

Catcher in the Rye, IRS back, Shacklers, Whole Lotta Rosie, Patience returns... setlists have been great

-no group photos

There's been one or two just not official ones but is this really a big deal? There's shots all over these boards of the band taking a bow at the end of shows. That's called a ... group photo

-no books about new gnr

-no magazine articles

I didn't know DJ wrote for Rolling Stone, nor Tommy for Billboard. There are lots of articles written about the band anyway. Try google

-no live stream

Part of Reading

-no live DVD of new guns

and more unlikely

-no bucket

-no finck

-no brain

-no slash

-no love

-no nothing

Cry me a fucking river

and I add

No live vault material

Did he miss anything??

I know you're quoting someone else but those are some of the most asinine complaints I've ever heard.

Some may not be valid complaints but many, you so easily dismiss, are valid points...If you are happy with what Axl gives you then good for you but many of the things JB has asked for are standard fare for most bands who value their fans...I will repeat what I said earlier Axl gives his fans next to nothing other than one average album which took 14 years to write and release and an occasinal tour...Other than touring once in while what else has he given you? the answer is nothing............Even the bands official website is joke...no new music, band members who are afraid to give us real news. and sporadic tour dates.......you know why Axl treats you like this?? because you all put up with it and hope for the day King Axl throws you a bone....

Duff hit the nail on the head in this interview

HF: Why did Axl become so egomaniacal and arrogant?

Duff : Because many people around him maintain him in that state of mind. They kept telling him he was right. Some of them feared him cause they were scared they were gonna lose their job. It’s as simple as

that. I don’t want to do anything that goes against what I am now. I’m honest with myself and with thepeople surrounding me. Had I stayed with Axl, I would have acted against my personality. And nothing

worse could ever happen to me. In this story, the real losers are Guns N’ Roses fans, unfortunately.

You can dismiss Slash as being biased if you want but Duff is the real deal and probably the most objective ex band member...some times the truth is hard to face............

BTW you lose your credibility by debating a point by insulting the other poster...you seem to have some legitmate points but you will not get them across by using insults...........

Why are you looking for music 2 years after the first album came out?

Look at Tool, who are on a 4-5 year cycle. Is two or three years that big a deal? Right now they're touring with the album out for the FIRST TIME. The other two tours they couldn't even play all the tracks because there was no final tracklist, and for fear of bootlegs etc.

The album did not take 14 years. Rebuilding the band, legal matters, relationships, building a studio, building chemistry - that took 14 years. People who think the band literally got together in 1998 and started writing the album that came out in 2008 are deluding themselves. Oh, yeah, and that's technically 10 years, when you consider Duff left in 98.

Stop looking at numbers. Stop expecting the band to do exactly what YOU want. That's not how life works. This is not Burger King. You're not going to get it YOUR WAY.

Duff has his opinions, Slash has his, Axl has his. None of that matters. There is not going to be a reunion. There will eventually be another album. Currently this band is on a massively successful world tour. Asia/Canada/South America was in the top 30 or whatnot for tours this year, with the sellouts in Europe this will no doubt continue. Bandmembers are tweeting like mad, giving interviews, talking to fans, and you're complaining about what? No new album when this is the first proper tour since CD was released?

I also love how these complaints come up in a thread about an opening act praising the band. Why here? What does this have to do with Helmet saying nice things? The point here was, all the people talking shit about GN'R, Murderdolls, Helmet, Danko Jones, Nazareth - they've all said the band is super awesome to be with. Suddenly this becomes a reason to complain about no new album, or the fact that Axl didn't personally cook your dinner and tuck your kid in at right?

I've never seen a fanbase more demanding of a group. I know, Chinese Democracy was a long wait - but it's out. The ball is rolling. Let the band tour already. And don't expect new music til this tour is done. Which will likely be late 2011 at the soonest.

P.S. sporadic tour dates??? I refer you back to Tool, my other favorite band. THAT is sporadic, they played like 12 gigs this year :P GN'R has been touring almost all year. That isn't sporadic. This is a very large tour. I mean by year's end it'll be what, 70+ shows?

Edited by kyrie

Can't make your points without insults and name calling eh TWAT...are you that insecure that you can't debate issues without insulting the other person? Oh well, hopefully you will grow up someday and learn how to discuss things like an adult...But your rant is so illogical I will respond one last time

Axl basically stopped giving interviews except to his buddy Del James back in 1991 other than a few stray ones here and there for Rolling Stone, and has not given a real interview since 2001....I know this because I uploaded basically every interview Axl has done in the last 20 years..go read them you might learn something...He came on here and did a series of rants several years ago because he could control the exchange and he avoids doing real interviews because he cannot control what he is going to be asked by a real interviewer and he will be asked about all the bullshit he has been involved in he does not want to have to answer for.

The band members interviews tell us nothing of any significance. and there tweets tell us even less...we have no idea what the future holds because Axl is not talking and he will not let the band members talk about any real details of what the band is doing...Bumble is the only member who lets any info slip now and then and it is minimal. I challenge you to produce any interviews or tweets which give us any real info about the bands future plans or anything related to the next album or recordings. And you are wrong as other bands do give fans details of upcoming tours and albums..go read some music magazines if you want proof..Classic Rock, Rolling Stones and others have updates every issue on what other bands are doing as far as tours and new recordings are concerned so stop the BS...

Axl has a core of fans but his fan base is shrinking especially here in the U.S ...he has not sold out tours here in the U.S. since the UYI tour which is why he does not tour here anymore. I went to the 2002 and 2006 shows here and the arenas were half full so your statement that the band is a sellout everywhere is not accurate...

You still refuse to accept that Axl has been basically giving fans nothing other than one album of new music in 14 years and a few short tours..other than that he gives his fans nothing...he gives his fans less than any major band I know...........

And BTW if you want to get into dick measuring I saw the real GnR back in 1987 at the L"Amour and the Ritz, twice in 88 with Aerosmith and in 91 and a 93 so know what you are talking about before you throw out insults......so go ahead fanboy rant on......

Haha! Like anyone who doesn't have a leg to stand on in an argument, you now focus on the name calling. Can't handle a lively debate? When you grow a brain maybe you'll one day see that none of anything you have posted makes an ounce of sense. In fact, don't even bother reading my posts if you don't want. Just do us all a favor and go and read the Axl forum chats then; basically all your complaints and bullshit reasons for your whining were addressed over a year ago.

Axl largely has stopped giving interviews because of how the press manipulates things and turns shit around on him. Why bother with something that isn't going to help you in any way, shape, or form? See, now you're the one making illogical arguments: you've uploaded every interview Axl has done in the past 20 years? Great! Point me to where you've uploaded them, otherwise what use is this tidbit of information you're giving me on yourself? Telling me how many years of interviews you have does nothing for your argument. I also highly doubt you've read them very carefully if it is indeed true you have all these interviews, because had you read any of the recent interviews you'd know exactly where Axl stands on many of the issues your blubbering vagina lips are bitching about.

I'm not sure how you can claim Axl Rose could control the questions being asked on this forum when he came on to chat with us. Again, this line of reasoning proves to everyone on here that you are a fool. People on this forum were actually extremely rude to him, and they asked him a great many things regarding the legalities of the band, Chinese Democracy, his stance on Slash and the original Gunners, and what inspires him to write the music he does. He was so upfront with us there's no possible way for him to be anymore clear. Yet people like yourself don't see any of the good. Instead, you wait for an opportunity such as Reading and Leeds to rear your dumb opinions and shit on everyone's parade.

Axl released an album after 14 years! I HAVE TO LAUGH THAT YOU'RE BITCHING ABOUT THIS! You say he's given the fans nothing in that time? So the fuck what?!!! He could have retired at this point!!! It's not like he's hurting for cash. He owes no one anything, and this is the fact you don't get. He started and led the most successful rock band in the world to its peak and then to its downfall with the original band. He could have just lived out his life after that. Instead the dude released new music after a slew of litigation and shit from the media. He released the music when he felt comfortable and ready to do so. That was the man's own damn fucking right and something that you fools can't accept. Just hearing new music out of this legendary musician makes me happy. Why do you always have to have more?

As for your challenge to produce interviews from the band members who tell us about the band's future, I can't because they don't exist. See, you're a fool. If you read my last post I explained this situation quite clearly. It's no wonder you can't grasp the concept of my argument. You're just another fool who doesn't read anything carefully. This is what I said on the matter, and this is all that needs to be said:

The current members talk about Chinese Democracy all the time! Every interview with Bumblefoot it's the main topic of discussion, and Bumblefoot answers every question! What he doesn't answer are questions related to new music that is not out yet and business related questions that he probably can't answer because he doesn't know, or because he would get crucified by fans like you if things didn't work out. As far as not talking about future new music...why is that a big deal? Most bands and artists don't want to talk about their unfinished or upcoming work until it's time to do so. But not talking about new material isn't even the fucking case here - Axl Rose himself!!! came on here and answered a ton of questions regarding stuff not on Chinese Democracy - he told us song names, gave us descriptions of tracks, etc. Again, you want answers and information, go read his forum chats! These same chats have been broadcast all over the net too, so it's not like you, or anyone else who is interested in the band haven't had chance to read them.

Well, maybe in 2002 and 2006 GN'R shows didn't sell out completely, but they sure are now! The world is a big place... The world is not just the United States.

Good for you seeing the original lineup. I didn't realize you were from that generation because of, you know, your piss poor sentence structure and poorly written arguments for demanding things you have no business demanding out of Axl Rose or Guns N' Roses; I just made the assumption you were still in junior high.

You want to know why I'm being hostile? Because you infect this board. You infect the daily lives of everyone you interact with not just on here, but in real life too. You are the type of person that irritates me in a way no words can describe. You're the type of person that has an overwhelming sense of self-entitlement. I don't care for people that think they deserve something they don't, and I'm more than willing to go the distance with them to make sure they know what fools they are.

You can try to put whatever juvenile spin on this you want - such as the name calling, swearing, etc. - but the fact remains that you're dodging the point of discussion for which you have no valid argument. You know it and I know it. If you want an accurate understanding of how Axl feels and how he does things go read some of your interviews you've been keeping for the last 20 years. Pay particularly close attention to the ones from within the last two years, such as the forum chats. Actually read them this time, too.

Look at Tool, who are on a 4-5 year cycle. Is two or three years that big a deal? Right now they're touring with the album out for the FIRST TIME. The other two tours they couldn't even play all the tracks because there was no final tracklist, and for fear of bootlegs etc.

The album did not take 14 years. Rebuilding the band, legal matters, relationships, building a studio, building chemistry - that took 14 years. People who think the band literally got together in 1998 and started writing the album that came out in 2008 are deluding themselves. Oh, yeah, and that's technically 10 years, when you consider Duff left in 98.

Stop looking at numbers. Stop expecting the band to do exactly what YOU want. That's not how life works. This is not Burger King. You're not going to get it YOUR WAY.

Duff has his opinions, Slash has his, Axl has his. None of that matters. There is not going to be a reunion. There will eventually be another album. Currently this band is on a massively successful world tour. Asia/Canada/South America was in the top 30 or whatnot for tours this year, with the sellouts in Europe this will no doubt continue. Bandmembers are tweeting like mad, giving interviews, talking to fans, and you're complaining about what? No new album when this is the first proper tour since CD was released?

I also love how these complaints come up in a thread about an opening act praising the band. Why here? What does this have to do with Helmet saying nice things? The point here was, all the people talking shit about GN'R, Murderdolls, Helmet, Danko Jones, Nazareth - they've all said the band is super awesome to be with. Suddenly this becomes a reason to complain about no new album, or the fact that Axl didn't personally cook your dinner and tuck your kid in at right?

I've never seen a fanbase more demanding of a group. I know, Chinese Democracy was a long wait - but it's out. The ball is rolling. Let the band tour already. And don't expect new music til this tour is done. Which will likely be late 2011 at the soonest.

P.S. sporadic tour dates??? I refer you back to Tool, my other favorite band. THAT is sporadic, they played like 12 gigs this year :P GN'R has been touring almost all year. That isn't sporadic. This is a very large tour. I mean by year's end it'll be what, 70+ shows?

Excellent post! :)

Edited by T.W.A.T.

Can't make your points without insults and name calling eh TWAT...are you that insecure that you can't debate issues without insulting the other person? Oh well, hopefully you will grow up someday and learn how to discuss things like an adult...But your rant is so illogical I will respond one last time

Axl basically stopped giving interviews except to his buddy Del James back in 1991 other than a few stray ones here and there for Rolling Stone, and has not given a real interview since 2001....I know this because I uploaded basically every interview Axl has done in the last 20 years..go read them you might learn something...He came on here and did a series of rants several years ago because he could control the exchange and he avoids doing real interviews because he cannot control what he is going to be asked by a real interviewer and he will be asked about all the bullshit he has been involved in he does not want to have to answer for.

The band members interviews tell us nothing of any significance. and there tweets tell us even less...we have no idea what the future holds because Axl is not talking and he will not let the band members talk about any real details of what the band is doing...Bumble is the only member who lets any info slip now and then and it is minimal. I challenge you to produce any interviews or tweets which give us any real info about the bands future plans or anything related to the next album or recordings. And you are wrong as other bands do give fans details of upcoming tours and albums..go read some music magazines if you want proof..Classic Rock, Rolling Stones and others have updates every issue on what other bands are doing as far as tours and new recordings are concerned so stop the BS...

Axl has a core of fans but his fan base is shrinking especially here in the U.S ...he has not sold out tours here in the U.S. since the UYI tour which is why he does not tour here anymore. I went to the 2002 and 2006 shows here and the arenas were half full so your statement that the band is a sellout everywhere is not accurate...

You still refuse to accept that Axl has been basically giving fans nothing other than one album of new music in 14 years and a few short tours..other than that he gives his fans nothing...he gives his fans less than any major band I know...........

And BTW if you want to get into dick measuring I saw the real GnR back in 1987 at the L"Amour and the Ritz, twice in 88 with Aerosmith and in 91 and a 93 so know what you are talking about before you throw out insults......so go ahead fanboy rant on......

Haha! Like anyone who doesn't have a leg to stand on in an argument, you now focus on the name calling. Can't handle a lively debate? When you grow a brain maybe you'll one day see that none of anything you have posted makes an ounce of sense. In fact, don't even bother reading my posts if you don't want. Just do us all a favor and go and read the Axl forum chats then; basically all your complaints and bullshit reasons for your whining were addressed over a year ago.

Axl largely has stopped giving interviews because of how the press manipulates things and turns shit around on him. Why bother with something that isn't going to help you in any way, shape, or form? See, now you're the one making illogical arguments: you've uploaded every interview Axl has done in the past 20 years? Great! Point me to where you've uploaded them, otherwise what use is this tidbit of information you're giving me on yourself? Telling me how many years of interviews you have does nothing for your argument. I also highly doubt you've read them very carefully if it is indeed true you have all these interviews, because had you read any of the recent interviews you'd know exactly where Axl stands on many of the issues your blubbering vagina lips are bitching about.

I'm not sure how you can claim Axl Rose could control the questions being asked on this forum when he came on to chat with us. Again, this line of reasoning proves to everyone on here that you are a fool. People on this forum were actually extremely rude to him, and they asked him a great many things regarding the legalities of the band, Chinese Democracy, his stance on Slash and the original Gunners, and what inspires him to write the music he does. He was so upfront with us there's no possible way for him to be anymore clear. Yet people like yourself don't see any of the good. Instead, you wait for an opportunity such as Reading and Leeds to rear your dumb opinions and shit on everyone's parade.

Axl released an album after 14 years! I HAVE TO LAUGH THAT YOU'RE BITCHING ABOUT THIS! You say he's given the fans nothing in that time? So the fuck what?!!! He could have retired at this point!!! It's not like he's hurting for cash. He owes no one anything, and this is the fact you don't get. He started and led the most successful rock band in the world to its peak and then to its downfall with the original band. He could have just lived out his life after that. Instead the dude released new music after a slew of litigation and shit from the media. He released the music when he felt comfortable and ready to do so. That was the man's own damn fucking right and something that you fools can't accept. Just hearing new music out of this legendary musician makes me happy. Why do you always have to have more?

As for your challenge to produce interviews from the band members who tell us about the band's future, I can't because they don't exist. See, you're a fool. If you read my last post I explained this situation quite clearly. It's no wonder you can't grasp the concept of my argument. You're just another fool who doesn't read anything carefully. This is what I said on the matter, and this is all that needs to be said:

Well, maybe in 2002 and 2006 GN'R shows didn't sell out completely, but they sure are now! The world is a big place... The world is not just the United States.

Good for you seeing the original lineup. I didn't realize you were from that generation because of, you know, your piss poor sentence structure and poorly written arguments for demanding things you have no business demanding out of Axl Rose or Guns N' Roses; I just made the assumption you were still in junior high.

You want to know why I'm being hostile? Because you infect this board. You infect the daily lives of everyone you interact with not just on here, but in real life too. You are the type of person that irritates me in a way no words can describe. You're the type of person that has an overwhelming sense of self-entitlement. I don't care for people that think they deserve something they don't, and I'm more than willing to go the distance with them to make sure they know what fools they are.

You can try to put whatever juvenile spin on this you want - such as the name calling, swearing, etc. - but the fact remains that you're dodging the point of discussion for which you have no valid argument. You know it and I know it. If you want an accurate understanding of how Axl feels and how he does things go read some of your interviews you've been keeping for the last 20 years. Pay particularly close attention to the ones from within the last two years, such as the forum chats. Actually read them this time, too.

Excellent post! :)

Thats it TWAT get the poison out...now go back to washing Axls balls.......

Haha! Again with the horrible sentence structure. Get an education. Now who is doing the insulting? See, you're no better, tool. 

-no new album

It's not time

-no leaks

-no b-sides

-no videos

-no reunion

Idiot

-no interviews

-no US tour

-no tweets

So?

-no fan club

-no bandmember Q&A vids

So?

-no TV appearances

-no group photos

-no books about new gnr

-no magazine articles

-no live stream

Part of Reading

-no live DVD of new guns

and more unlikely

-no bucket

-no finck

-no brain

-no slash

-no love

-no nothing

Cry me a fucking river

and I add

No live vault material

Did he miss anything??

Some may not be valid complaints but many, you so easily dismiss, are valid points...If you are happy with what Axl gives you then good for you but many of the things JB has asked for are standard fare for most bands who value their fans...I will repeat what I said earlier Axl gives his fans next to nothing other than one average album which took 14 years to write and release and an occasinal tour...Other than touring once in while what else has he given you? the answer is nothing............Even the bands official website is joke...no new music, band members who are afraid to give us real news. and sporadic tour dates.......you know why Axl treats you like this?? because you all put up with it and hope for the day King Axl throws you a bone....

Duff hit the nail on the head in this interview

HF: Why did Axl become so egomaniacal and arrogant?

Duff : Because many people around him maintain him in that state of mind. They kept telling him he was right. Some of them feared him cause they were scared they were gonna lose their job. It’s as simple as

that. I don’t want to do anything that goes against what I am now. I’m honest with myself and with thepeople surrounding me. Had I stayed with Axl, I would have acted against my personality. And nothing

worse could ever happen to me. In this story, the real losers are Guns N’ Roses fans, unfortunately.

You can dismiss Slash as being biased if you want but Duff is the real deal and probably the most objective ex band member...some times the truth is hard to face............

BTW you lose your credibility by debating a point by insulting the other poster...you seem to have some legitmate points but you will not get them across by using insults...........

Your making a lot of assumptions as to what I want Kyrie...I never said I expected anything I am just pointing out how Axl has provided little for his fans in the last 10 years since he came out of hiding and how he still disrespects his fans with all the bullshit and drama he puts them through just to go see one of his concerts.

Want to know why Axl does not give you anything? Because you all sit there silently waiting for his scraps while defending how badly he treats you....

So if you and the other Axl fans are satisfied with what Axl gives you then good for you but I will stick with Slash as gives his fans the respect they deserve, new music every few years , concerts on time with no drama, live recordings from the concerts, interviews informing fans on what he is doing and what is coming in the future, a website which actually works..many of the things in John Bonhams list that many bands give fans as a matter of course........

Stop being such sheep and let Axl know how you feel...............

Epic fail.

The band is on a world tour but he doesn't "give (us) anything," we're waiting for scraps, blah blah. In other words, you're unable to actually address my points, so you'll try and a) make it seem like you're doing this on behalf of all us fans "afraid to speak out" or B) turn this into Axl vs. Slash.

I'd like to actually see you try that in real life. You're seriously coming off as someone who only speaks and acts the way they do because they're behind a keyboard. Do me a favour, assuming you have a job, the next time you're debating something at the office, call your coworkers sheep and ask them to speak out about how they really feel. Let me know how that goes, will you?

This thread has nothing to do with Slash. Know why I know this? I started this fucking thread, and it was about Helmet complimenting GN'R. I'm not interested in that debate. I like both artists. Take your vendettas elsewhere. A website doesn't increase my enjoyment of a band's music, and since we're managing to have this discussion, I'd say we found someplace we can talk about the band. The fact that Slash does lots of interviews is irrelevant. One, half of them aren't about the music, and two, he's a different artist with a different approach to the media. I can find all I need to know about GN'R via the member's twitter comments. DJ and other members have posted on this very board. Their facebook page has tour dates.

There's one thing that your post makes very clear however: you keep referring to "his" fans, "you" etc. You've clearly separated yourself from the rest of the fans on this forum, who are here because *shock* they're fans of the band.

So if you're not a fan, or a fan of the past lineup, well... why are you even here? There's a separate area for days gone by... yet you're in here complaining about a band you yourself don't seem to be a fan of (hey, your words, not mine. "you all sit there", "his" fans, you're oh so obviously above them and not part of that crowd). You have that much free time in your life? I mean honestly, I can't stand post-1991 Metallica, but I don't hang out on Metallica boards complaining about how I think everything (except S&M, I'll give them that) since the black album sucked.

Maybe I'm just more of a positive person. Or maybe I find arguing about the same tired subject year after year retarded.

And maybe this time you'll actually come up with a valid response and not a rehash of an argument from 1999, but frankly, I don't really fucking care, given how far off topic you've dragged this thread.

Edited by kyrie

Kyrie you and TWAT are the only ones keeping this argument to nowhere going....you are the ones who feel the need to respond to my simple comments by defending Axl to the death with War and Peace type essays on why I am an asshole who does not know what I am talking about...so much for not caring about what I say huh mate...

You know what nobody is holding a gun to your head to respond to my comments...don't like what I am saying ignore me and maybe I will go away or better yet put me on your blocked list so you don't have to read my posts and get upset....here's a reality check for you and TWAT...it is a geeky internet forum, who cares what you or I have to say..certainly not Axl

Since you felt the need to comment on it, I have an excellent job and family and this forum is just a mindless hobby to relax after a long day at work and taking care of my young daugthers, it has no impact on the quality of my life and if it does on yours you need to get out into the real world more and live life.. ........

If people making negative comments about Axl really bother you two so much I suggest joining the HTGTH forum as you can chat with fans like yourselves as Jarmo censors anything negative about Axl and NuGnR...you would never have to worry about me pissing in your cornflakes again...

And the very same could be said about your need to respond, now couldn't it? About your need to respond to TWAT and I. And about war and peace sized posts, given you're the person who dragged the thread off topic, not TWAT or I, and posted that very long listed of whining rants from another user that had nothing to do with the topic at hand. But you know, we're the problem here, right? You're the proverbial pot, my friend.

Again, you're unable to respond to the actual points, so I'm simply going to ignore further crying from you, since you're now scraping the bottom of the barrel like any good cupcake: "ooh if you don't like it block me." Actually, since most people on here aren't even aware of the block option, I prefer to point out what an absolute cupcake you are.

As for getting out into the real world - ahh, taking my exact point and trying to turn it around, how classic ;) You know very well that my entire point of telling you to act this way at work was to make the point that you're acting like a child on here. But you go right on again posting total B.S. and trying to start lineup arguments and dragging up old members in a thread with nothing to do with that.

Best of luck to you, my friend - if you go through like acting like you do on here, you're going to need it :thumbsup:

P.S. - I'm on Here Today... and CD.com - doesn't mean I restrict myself to only using one.

Edited by kyrie

Kyrie you and TWAT are the only ones keeping this argument to nowhere going....you are the ones who feel the need to respond to my simple comments by defending Axl to the death with War and Peace type essays on why I am an asshole who does not know what I am talking about...so much for not caring about what I say huh mate...

You know what nobody is holding a gun to your head to respond to my comments...don't like what I am saying ignore me and maybe I will go away or better yet put me on your blocked list so you don't have to read my posts and get upset....here's a reality check for you and TWAT...it is a geeky internet forum, who cares what you or I have to say..certainly not Axl

Since you felt the need to comment on it, I have an excellent job and family and this forum is just a mindless hobby to relax after a long day at work and taking care of my young daugthers, it has no impact on the quality of my life and if it does on yours you need to get out into the real world more and live life.. ........

If people making negative comments about Axl really bother you two so much I suggest joining the HTGTH forum as you can chat with fans like yourselves as Jarmo censors anything negative about Axl and NuGnR...you would never have to worry about me pissing in your cornflakes again...

And the very same could be said about your need to respond, now couldn't it? About your need to respond to TWAT and I. And about war and peace sized posts, given you're the person who dragged the thread off topic, not TWAT or I, and posted that very long listed of whining rants from another user that had nothing to do with the topic at hand. But you know, we're the problem here, right? You're the proverbial pot, my friend.

Again, you're unable to respond to the actual points, so I'm simply going to ignore further crying from you, since you're now scraping the bottom of the barrel like any good cupcake: "ooh if you don't like it block me." Actually, since most people on here aren't even aware of the block option, I prefer to point out what an absolute cupcake you are.

As for getting out into the real world - ahh, taking my exact point and trying to turn it around, how classic ;) You know very well that my entire point of telling you to act this way at work was to make the point that you're acting like a child on here. But you go right on again posting total B.S. and trying to start lineup arguments and dragging up old members in a thread with nothing to do with that.

Best of luck to you, my friend - if you go through like acting like you do on here, you're going to need it :thumbsup:

P.S. - I'm on Here Today... and CD.com - doesn't mean I restrict myself to only using one.

Right because debating by calling the other poster names and insulting them is not childish, now who is calling the kettle black my friend you and TWAT started down that road not me..........And of course I am a cupcake, I don't agree with what you have to say so I must be a cupcake..............

Like I said this is a mindless hobby to me but obviously it means much more to you in your life so I am sorry I pissed in your cornflakes...ignore my cupcake posts in the future Kyrie it sounds like you will be a much happier person if you do...

:violin:

And to get this thread back on track from the trolling:

If I recall, Helmet was the replacement for Eagles of Death Metal (who definitely had other things to say about the tour). Don't know if they've opened any shows since 06, but that article is recent.

You are the one who feels the need to bitch about bullshit. As I said before, I don't put up with bullshitters. No body is holding a gun to your head to respond either. I don't block people; I don't care how much I disagree with them, I will always respond and argue.

I'm sure Axl has better things to do than worry about what you and I are arguing about too; at least we can agree on that. I'm not arguing for him, however. I'm arguing simply because what you posted, and are whining about, is incorrect. I'm arguing for the principal of it. Everything we have argued about is right in Axl's forum chats. If you took the time to actually sit down and read what he wrote I think you'd find 90% of your concerns right now have long since been addressed by him.

Edited by T.W.A.T.