Piano Sheet music

1988GNR

Hi, new to the forum. Apologies if posted to the wrong section; if so please just move and provide link so I can find it back.

My online name refers to when I was first introduced to GNR; I saw a news flash about Donington with some music, checked it out on MTV and got hooked. I saw them live in Paris 92 and again in Brisbane for the Chinese Democracy tour. Fav songs would have to be Estranged, Coma, The Garden (prefer demo versions more than UYI), Don't Damn Me and the oldest version of November Rain (depending on mood and time of life, no particular order), also very much enjoy some of the more 'eclectic' stuff never officially released (Too Much Too Soon is great and think most covers done by GNR are better than originals).

Recently bought a piano (upright, sorry no room for a grand and at those prices the wife would not let me stand on it anyway, with or without a Les Paul). Looking for quality piano sheet music of GNR songs. I have been looking around but am aware that they often are a mix of vocal/backing usually arising from simply listening to the recording. On most songs would prefer backing notes only. In particular to those listed above.

cheers

W

Hi, new to the forum. Apologies if posted to the wrong section; if so please just move and provide link so I can find it back.

My online name refers to when I was first introduced to GNR; I saw a news flash about Donington with some music, checked it out on MTV and got hooked. I saw them live in Paris 92 and again in Brisbane for the Chinese Democracy tour. Fav songs would have to be Estranged, Coma, The Garden (prefer demo versions more than UYI), Don't Damn Me and the oldest version of November Rain (depending on mood and time of life, no particular order), also very much enjoy some of the more 'eclectic' stuff never officially released (Too Much Too Soon is great and think most covers done by GNR are better than originals).

Recently bought a piano (upright, sorry no room for a grand and at those prices the wife would not let me stand on it anyway, with or without a Les Paul). Looking for quality piano sheet music of GNR songs. I have been looking around but am aware that they often are a mix of vocal/backing usually arising from simply listening to the recording. On most songs would prefer backing notes only. In particular to those listed above.

cheers

W

your best bet is to download guitarpro and powertab editor and have a look around for those songs on tab sites such as www.911tabs.com because a lot of them have the piano in the midi file other than that there are lots of videos on youtube of fans playing those songs there is no official piano sheet music as far as i know

"Too Much Too Soon is great and think most covers done by GNR are better than originals"

That's absolutely true!!! specially KOHD!!. Did you hear official version?, it has nothin' to do with Guns version...I love the sound of the guitar Slash, besides, IMO those are one of the best Slash's guitar solos, above all live versions.

Check this out, Slash' solo in the middle of the song and that beautifull intro, fuckin EPIC!!!

Edited by sergiodefenders

look here: http://pianolicious.blogspot.com/2009/07/browse-by-artist-g-i.html

i have the pdf for nov rain. just pm me. and i have this i love too actually

thanks for that link and all replies so far. Even though I started learning a few weeks ago I printed a copy of Sweet Child to try the intro. I had different notes to the one on the , I think downloaded from sheetzbox.com (the site is currently down). That started with RH: DDAG GAFA across two octaves, and for my experience pretty hard to do (although when I did get the fingering close I did sound sort of ok). Will keep practising both versions, see which one sounds closest to the real thing.

BTW anyone who could confirm this is genuine GNR/Axl? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLpbijqEg4U Sounds good and pretty accurate.

And this guy is pretty good

does some good covers of other artists too.

As for KOHD, as a teen I spent quite a bit of money on bootlegs (sorry for ripping GNR off) and by the time UYI came out I was over KOHD and it wasn't the best version around. I'd have to check specific dates and places, but believe some awesome live versions were done in the late eighties at places like CBGB and Ritz. But you are right, the version you posted is pretty good. It was always a live song best for a good sing-a-long. But the intro this video is not KOHD, that does not start to about 2:06. The section before that was played live several times in the early nineties, as intro to several songs.

cheers

W

Edited by 1988GNR

I've always wondered why the band didn't put this out since a lot of songs have keys in 'em.

I had a music teacher when I was in high school who transcribed part of November Rain by ear for me, but I lost that long ago :P

Also - Guns needs to license November Rain to Rock Band! Perfect for the keyboard addon.