CD II Speculation/Discussion/Hopes thread

Vincent Vega

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the next album sounded like the follow up to AFD it would be trashed more than CD

It doesn't have to be version II of any previous Guns N' Roses record! Just let the creative juices flow. Don't try and contrive the whole thing.

The present incarnation are capable of creating their own authentic album. As long as there aren't specifics paths outlined as desirable beforehand (like with “Chinese”).

One thing we can probably all agree on is that Axl is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't :no:

That is the truest statement in this thread. No matter what Axl does, the fans of the old band will bash it.

Speculation:

I doubt it will be called CDII. I bet a big proportion of the next album will contain songs what didn't make it on Chineses Democracy

Discussion

In Axl’s attempt to create the perfect album, he hired the talents of Buckethead, Robin Finck, and Brain. I bet Axl biggest dilemma for any future recordings, will be using BF, Frank, and Dj Ash in a studio situation.

Point one

It would be a total disaster for the next record to be even remotely associated with “Chinese Democracy”.

Don't get me wrong, “Chinese Democracy” is amazing. But material from that particular era is way too complex to be picked up by radio and become accepted by the mainstream audience.

Start afresh. Create an album natural to the current roster. Don't try and be something Guns simply aren't. Somebody hit the nail on the head when they said that “2010 was the year Axl Rose became resigned to the fact that GN'R are a hard rock outfit”.

A hard rock record from the guys presently involved will be a success. I am very confident about that.

Two

I can't see why Axl would be unsure in terms of Ron's studio credentials (especially when his style is compatible with Guns' traditional sound). Dj is able (certainly in my opinion) to produce simplistic bluesy riffs which made GN'R famous in the first place. I think Brain will be the predominant drummer on any future album to be honest.

Why is Everyone So Bothered about "mainstream Audience" or whatever. I don't know about you But I'll take "Amazing" over "Mainstream. I get that you think the Current band are capable of maybe both, but, I really want to hear another record from those sessions before we get a newly recorded Record.

I agree. GNR should not be worried about the mainstream.....what was that album called? Appetite For Destruction?

you say "oh that was 20 plus years ago" yeah and the mainstream still sucks!

you say "oh that was 20 plus years ago" yeah and the mainstream still sucks!

Too true, but not just the mainstream. I enjoy very few new artists. There is too much shit nowadays, all the bands I listen to are at least 10 years old (but mostly 20-30-40-50 years old).

I'm hoping for something less complicated than CD and Illusions. More rock n roll with maybe a ballad in there, something with a WTJ feel and some sort of Estranged sequel. Would like to hear some Ashba riffs similar to those he laid down on the Sixx Am album.

I love that every GNR album has a different feel, evolution of music. I just hope we don't have to wait for the next evolution of man for the next GNR album to be released. :-)