MYGNRFORUM Interview with Axl Rose

feconroses

I've said it before, I'm convinced that Axl looks at us as just another obstacle that he must overcome. It seems as though the only time he 'reaches out' to us lately is when he's pissed off about what the media's been saying about him.

Uh, not exactly. Depends on what you mean by "lately". He commented on a lot of the 2010 shows on Twitter afterwards. The last update he gave was about the MSL fiasco for sure.

Ali

Lol UK, great last couple o' posts.

I love coming here, then there's the crazy threads. The OP here ain't so crazy really, honest enough q, the answer is ya don't organize it. He came here, and all over, those two days. That was our interview! He left as mysteriously as he came. Might happen again, we all hope, who can say.

Where this thread got crazy is since the OP. That section sucks, no follow through, things UK commented on, etc. That whole ''section'' was made only to have a place to put the aftermath of q's that filled the main pages after Axl's time here that fine December, that's it. Not Axl's concept as a place for him to chat with us, just sheer necessary organization. He didn't follow through on it as it wasn't his creation to follow through on. The band was to do a vid once and took q's, that's a different story, and yes one that didn't follow through. Probably a band idea that was initially approved, then later nixed, but just a guess based on band comments.

I didnt said that section sucks. Actually is a good idea, but badly executed...since its creation 2 years ago, not even one question has been answered even though Ron and other members visited this forum.

I'm sure that if we reach Axl he would answer some of our questions (given a guideline by GNR camp). Its not time consuming and could be quite entertaining (discussing music from other musicians, meaning of songs, future plans, current events like Japans earthquake etc).

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Can we do this?

Seeing as though the last contact Eric had with GNR was from Axl's lawyers, I'm guessing, no?

Its so unfair that the whole forum is being punished for the MSL crap. Axl probably hates us all :cry:

The whole thing is probably going effect the forum because the relationship is tarnished.

Its so unfair that the whole forum is being punished for the MSL crap. Axl probably hates us all :cry:

The whole thing is probably going effect the forum because the relationship is tarnished.

To be fair, Axl's relationship with his fans has been love/hate looooong before MSL.

Guest gunns5

Axls Lawyer: "Hey Axl, theres a forum on the internet talking about stolen emails and MSL again

Axl: Give me the name, what is the name of the forum where this is happening?

A Lawyer: Mygnrforum

Axl: mygnr what?

A lawyer: that place where you called that guy a cunt

Axls lawyer: Cease and Decease those bitches.

Edited by gunns5

To be fair, Axl's relationship with his fans has been love/hate looooong before MSL.

Nah I mean with the forum. I mean up to now the relationship has been okay? The fact he is registered on here and did those chats mean he was obviously cool with the forum. I think maybe this will turn him off the place. I wouldn't be surprised if he never came on here again to post.

Nah I mean with the forum. I mean up to now the relationship has been okay? The fact he is registered on here and did those chats mean he was obviously cool with the forum. I think maybe this will turn him off the place. I wouldn't be surprised if he never came on here again to post.

If anyone remembers, there was a cease and desist letter sent out to at least HTGH, and I'm assuming other forums as well, in '03 regarding the LatigoHammers-Axl impersonator fiasco. It was very strongly worded and threatened legal action if the impersonator didn't stop posting. Obviously that didn't prohibit Axl from coming on to the forums down the road when the album was out, or communicating with the fans in other ways before then. In that case, I think the anger was really about LatigoHammers, and the C&D letter was sent in order to get the forums assistance in shutting that situation down.

Now, I haven't seen the letter Axl's lawyers sent to MyGNR, but it sounds like the focus was really about shutting down all the MSL BS, and not necessarily about Eric and the moderators here. If that is the case, I wouldn't go so far as to assume he is angry towards ALL the fans because of that. He may be, but I think it was really about MSL and his crap.

Ali

[

If anyone remembers, there was a cease and desist letter sent out to at least HTGH, and I'm assuming other forums as well, in '03 regarding the LatigoHammers-Axl impersonator fiasco. It was very strongly worded and threatened legal action if the impersonator didn't stop posting. Obviously that didn't prohibit Axl from coming on to the forums down the road when the album was out, or communicating with the fans in other ways before then. In that case, I think the anger was really about LatigoHammers, and the C&D letter was sent in order to get the forums assistance in shutting that situation down.

Now, I haven't seen the letter Axl's lawyers sent to MyGNR, but it sounds like the focus was really about shutting down all the MSL BS, and not necessarily about Eric and the moderators here. If that is the case, I wouldn't go so far as to assume he is angry towards ALL the fans because of that. He may be, but I think it was really about MSL and his crap.

Ali

This is slightly different in that I think Axls problem was that MSL threads were not deleted so MAYBE he does/did have a problem with the moderators because of that. It was left on here which fueled even more rumours if anything. The HTGTH poster is different in that it kind of is out of the control of the forum aside from deleting the posts.

You can't really blame a forum for one douche posting. With MSL the problem was allowing the talk to continue.

Yeah, I think Axl's ended his relationship with this forum, especially after he lost it on madison last year.

Fernando and Beta stopped posting here right around that time as well.

Who knows though, maybe they're all just taking a collective break. :shrugs:

I really miss Fernando.

Edited by sofine11

[

Ali

This is slightly different in that I think Axls problem was that MSL threads were not deleted so MAYBE he does/did have a problem with the moderators because of that. It was left on here which fueled even more rumours if anything. The HTGTH poster is different in that it kind of is out of the control of the forum aside from deleting the posts.

You can't really blame a forum for one douche posting. With MSL the problem was allowing the talk to continue.

I understand the circumstances were different. Regardless, though, my point is that the end goal was really to shut down all the out of control rumors and BS started by MSL.

Ali