MYGNRFORUM Interview with Axl Rose

feconroses

I was wondering if we - as a forum - can organize an interview with Axl Rose. Everyone could post a question and then we decide which 10 questions should be asked through a poll. I know that Eric and other mods are in touch with the GNR camp, so we could easily know if we can count with Axl himself.

Can we do this? Good or bad idea?

I was wondering if we - as a forum - can organize an interview with Axl Rose. Everyone could post a question and then we decide which 10 questions should be asked through a poll. I know that Eric and other mods are in touch with the GNR camp, so we could easily know if we can count with Axl himself.

Can we do this? Good or bad idea?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=138518

Axl knows the fans are dying to know the status of the next album as well as future touring plans. If he cared, even a little, he'd issue a short statement explaining plans for both.

He obviously doesn't care enough to explain what's going on with either at this point.

Edited by sofine11

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

When Dexter did engage with the fans in late 2008 certain users insulted him (Beta remarks etc.) and questioned if the responses were even Axl at all. I'd imagine if he was mailed a set of questions and co-operated there'd be the usual conspiracies of “Oh Del wrote that fo sho!”. So whilst Axl engaging with us again would be genuinely appreciated by a lot of people the reality is camp GN'R may not perceive such an initiative be worth it considering all the bullshit that will inevitably occur during and after.

When Dexter did engage with the fans in late 2008 certain users insulted him (Beta remarks etc.) and questioned if the responses were even Axl at all. I'd imagine if he was mailed a set of questions and co-operated there'd be the usual conspiracies of “Oh Del wrote that fo sho!”. So whilst Axl engaging with us again would be genuinely appreciated by a lot of people the reality is camp GN'R may not perceive such an initiative be worth it considering all the bullshit that will inevitably occur during and after.

You bring up some valid points for sure. If there was one an in person interview would be much better imo. Then again someone will rip it apart anyway

I thought people were pretty cool towards Axl during the online chats. Axl called Spuffy a cunt, but after that things seemed to go smoothly. It would be nice to have an interview with Axl when CD II drops. One where all the questions focus on the album and not on the old band and others that Axl don't like.

I think Double G and myself would be the most qualified to conduct such an interview as a team. If we are all in agreement, let us decree this is the case, and if Axl says yes, Double G and I will collaborate on our questions.

Thanks,

/SOB

LOL you funny man :rofl-lol:

Can we do this?

Seeing as though the last contact Eric had with GNR was from Axl's lawyers, I'm guessing, no?

never say never...

edit: to clarify I meant ya never know..

Edited by gunsguy

Can we do this?

Seeing as though the last contact Eric had with GNR was from Axl's lawyers, I'm guessing, no?

Lol, good point. Sick the lawyers on their biggest fansite. Smashing PR work as always. :thumbsup:

Although, at the very least, sending a good natured update to all the fansite would definitely help to repair the fractured relationship they currently have with the fansbase.

Can we do this?

Lol, good point. Sick the lawyers on their biggest fansite. Smashing PR work as always. :thumbsup:

Although, at the very least, sending a good natured update to all the fansite would definitely help to repair the fractured relationship they currently have with the fansbase.

Indeed.

So then it won't happen, right.

Can we do this?

Indeed.

So then it won't happen, right.

Precisely. :shrugs:

What kind of musician dosen't give interviews? :S

One that sends a letter from his lawyer threatening legal action against the largest fans forum on the Internet? :shrugs:

You've got to understand that these are just wild guesses on my behalf!

I've said it before, I'm convinced that Axl looks at us as just another obstacle that he must overcome. It seems as though the only time he 'reaches out' to us lately is when he's pissed off about what the media's been saying about him.

Lol UK, great last couple o' posts.

I love coming here, then there's the crazy threads. The OP here ain't so crazy really, honest enough q, the answer is ya don't organize it. He came here, and all over, those two days. That was our interview! He left as mysteriously as he came. Might happen again, we all hope, who can say.

Where this thread got crazy is since the OP. That section sucks, no follow through, things UK commented on, etc. That whole ''section'' was made only to have a place to put the aftermath of q's that filled the main pages after Axl's time here that fine December, that's it. Not Axl's concept as a place for him to chat with us, just sheer necessary organization. He didn't follow through on it as it wasn't his creation to follow through on. The band was to do a vid once and took q's, that's a different story, and yes one that didn't follow through. Probably a band idea that was initially approved, then later nixed, but just a guess based on band comments.

Edited by axlskAmpf

What kind of musician dosen't give interviews? :S

One that sends a letter from his lawyer threatening legal action against the largest fans forum on the Internet? :shrugs:

You've got to understand that these are just wild guesses on my behalf!

Was the letter towards MyGNR anything like the one that was sent out when the LatigoHammers fiasco occurred?

I'm referring to this:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=655

Ali