Guitarists Please Help

This is in the wrong section I know, move it after I get a few resonses.

My question is what key is KOHD in (the Guns N Roses version G D C) if I'm playing it in standard tuning, not tuned down half a step like on the album?

Playing it at a show tomorrow so I need some responses tonight.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

The studio version is a half step down, which is from lowest to highest is Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb. If you want solo use the pentatonic scale starting on the 12th fret (the key of e in standard tuning)

Edited by WhazUp

I apologize in advance for the long-winded music theory teacher answer...

Yes...it's in the key of F# major.

So, the verse would be: F# C# g#m; F# C# B; F# C# g#m; F# C# B.

The chorus, solo sections, and bridge/telephone rant would be: F# C# B (played 4x).

The solo is mostly major pentatonic, but it does hit the 4th and 7th scale degrees, so it really is just the major scale (F# G# A# B C# D# E# F#).

If you don't like thinking in sharps, it can also be thought of as Gb Major. The verse is: Gb Db abm; Gb Db Cb; Gb Db abm; Gb Db Cb. The chorus, solo, and telephone rant is: Gb Db Cb. The solo would be in Gb Major (Gb Ab Bb Cb Db Eb F Gb).

Hope this helps!

Edited by redlespaul

So, the verse would be: F# C# a#m; F# C# B; F# C# a#m; F# C# B.

The chorus, solo sections, and bridge/telephone rant would be: F# C# B (played 4x).

The solo is mostly major pentatonic, but it does hit the 4th and 7th scale degrees, so it really is just the major scale (F# G# A# B C# D# E# F#).

If you don't like thinking in sharps, it can also be thought of as Gb Major. The verse is: Gb Db abm; Gb Db Cb; Gb Db abm; Gb Db Cb. The chorus, solo, and telephone rant is: Gb Db Cb. The solo would be in Gb Major (Gb Ab Bb Cb Db Eb F Gb).

Hope this helps!

this

Hope this helps!

thanks man!

Hope this helps!

thanks man!

No problem man--glad I could help. Have a good show!