Remember this - where did it all go wrong

Guest Facekicker

Guest siliconmessiah
A new album with Finck and Bucket would be something to remember.

the first one wasn't, why would the 2nd one be?

That's a good question.

It seems like some people will just never give up their hopes about the "new band" and "how great it could have been"...

Well. I happen to be tired of slashs sound, and think that chinese democracy is a good record.

You know, opinions of music is individual.

well, it was never really going very well in the first place. This band couldn't have succeeded in the shadow of the old band, maybe if it had a different name, but the fact that its still supposed to be Guns N' Roses even though its... not even the same band, really prevents a lot of people from taking it seriously. Guns N' Roses was a great band because it had great combination of musical personalities captured in time, no matter who you track down, no matter who you pay, you can't match that. Shit like that just happens, you can't make it up.

I kind of agree with this. Any band that Axl fronted would be compared to GNR. Doesn't matter if they didn't do any Guns songs. Same way with any band Slash is in will be compared with GNR. No matter how good the bands are, they're going to be over shadowed by GNR, even if it is going by the same name. It was just such a massive band that the members will never be able to escape it. No matter how good post 1998 GNR or VR is or could be, they still can't get out of the shadow of the GNR that ended in 1993. It's a shame, really.

But just because this site is ending doesn't mean the band is over forever. They just did a year long world tour, will headline one of the biggest festivals in the world this year. Two to four years off is right on schedule for them.

Guest RonMexico82

I started this topic because I don't believe that the record we got in Chinese Democracy represented in any way the potential of the line-up that we saw in Rio.

I'd love to have seen that line-up drop the GNR name, play all new material and 1 or 2 old songs and hit the studio and record an album in a short space of time.

Guest RonMexico82

Well yeah but that is the original and in my personal opinion, only valid Guns N' Roses. This thread is about what I guess is known as NuGuns or The Buckethead line-up.

What I am asking is where did it all go wrong for that line-up?

Well yeah but that is the original and in my personal opinion, only valid Guns N' Roses. This thread is about what I guess is known as NuGuns or The Buckethead line-up.

when Buckethead said "fuck this, I'm outta here"

Guest RonMexico82

when Buckethead said "fuck this, I'm outta here"

Was there ever an explanation given for that by either Bucket or Axl?