NOVEMBER RAIN PICTURE DISC

IVE BEEN SEARCHING ALL THE GUNS N ROSES DISCOGRAPHYS AND CANT SEEM TO FIND MUCH OUT ABOUT THE DIFFERENT ISSUES OF NOVEMBER RAIN PICTURE DISC , I FOUND ON ONE WEBSITE THAT LISTED 3 DIFFERENT TYPES , A WHITE RIM , RED RIM AND BLACK RIM , WELL IVE GOT 4 DIFFERENT VERSIONS , ANYONE KNOW OF DIFFERENT VERSIONS OR GOT ANY INFORMATION ON THESE 4 PLEASE LET ME KNOW ! TAKE A LOOK , THE FIRST ONE IS THE STANDARD ISSUE (POSSIBLYTHE WHITE RIM) SECOND IS THE BLACK RIM , THIRD IS THE RED RIM (FRONT AND BACK ) AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE GOLD RIM (FRONT AND BACK) THIS IS THE ONE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT , THE FIRST 2 JUST GOT PLAIN BACKS WITHOUT ANY RIMS THATS WHY THERES NO PICTURES !

35i91k5.jpg

a4o6kl.jpg

2el6wde.jpg

u99o5.jpg

24dk2eu.jpg

1zva8tj.jpg

Edited by little hon

I have this one.

2j367ao.jpg

15u3iq.jpg

that one is from the boxset destruction , lies , the road to illusion and has a different matrix number whereas the 4 above are all GET 21713 , i was wondering if there were any other different types of this version , thanks for the reply

Edited by little hon

Well, you have seen pix of my "miss-test-press" which has a red rim IN the normal black rim, and a red/pink "mist" over the front and back.

Can you compare Sound Quality??, and, have you seen more of the same items? As i think mine is kinda of a one off, the sound is really bad, and therefore i think it is miss-press.

Just wondering.... As all were made in Germany (presumed) it would not be specially made for like group-members or so? Or promotion stuff, as they don't have anything like special numbers or notes with it?

The wider black and red rimmed i can imagine are tests, or perhaps real early, first presses? The gold one would be specially made, since that color is not anywhere else on the disc?

Little extra question, how are the back-sides lined out compared to the fronts? If i flip the regular one, horizontally, the back is perfectly aligned to the front, both have the same top and bottom. The red one i have is way of allotment.

Ow, can you weigh them? The red on is 50 grams more heavy as the the normal one here.

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8101.JPG

Edited by Spook-eend

Well, you have seen pix of my "miss-test-press" which has a red rim IN the normal black rim, and a red/pink "mist" over the front and back.

Can you compare Sound Quality??, and, have you seen more of the same items? As i think mine is kinda of a one off, the sound is really bad, and therefore i think it is miss-press.

Just wondering.... As all were made in Germany (presumed) it would not be specially made for like group-members or so? Or promotion stuff, as they don't have anything like special numbers or notes with it?

The wider black and red rimmed i can imagine are tests, or perhaps real early, first presses? The gold one would be specially made, since that color is not anywhere else on the disc?

Little extra question, how are the back-sides lined out compared to the fronts? If i flip the regular one, horizontally, the back is perfectly aligned to the front, both have the same top and bottom. The red one i have is way of allotment.

Ow, can you weigh them? The red on is 50 grams more heavy as the the normal one here.

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8101.JPG

the thick black and gold rim line up perfectly , the red rim is slightly to the right but the common thin rim is upside down , ive noticed with yours that there is no red rim on the rear of the disc but yet yours still has a thin black edge on the front of the disc , on the gunsnflower discography it says there are 3 versions , a white rim , red rim and black rim , im wondering if the common version(thin black line) would be the white rim ?? your red rim with thin black outer would be the red rim and my thick black rim would be the black rim ? but there again where does that leave the red and gold ones ive got with the bands on the rear ? perhaps troccolli might know cos if anyone knows he will ?? all the picture discs weigh the same weight to so maybe yours is a test pressing for the picture disc ??

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8101.JPG

the thick black and gold rim line up perfectly , the red rim is slightly to the right but the common thin rim is upside down , ive noticed with yours that there is no red rim on the rear of the disc but yet yours still has a thin black edge on the front of the disc , on the gunsnflower discography it says there are 3 versions , a white rim , red rim and black rim , im wondering if the common version(thin black line) would be the white rim ?? your red rim with thin black outer would be the red rim and my thick black rim would be the black rim ? but there again where does that leave the red and gold ones ive got with the bands on the rear ? perhaps troccolli might know cos if anyone knows he will ?? all the picture discs weigh the same weight to so maybe yours is a test pressing for the picture disc ??

Hey guys, I'm convinced that these are all just test pressings and/or mispressings. Though it would not be the first time I've been wrong. I know that the released "regular" version should just have the black border. To everyone with a test pressing and/or mispressing of this item: I hate you.

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8101.JPG

Hey guys, I'm convinced that these are all just test pressings and/or mispressings. Though it would not be the first time I've been wrong. I know that the released "regular" version should just have the black border. To everyone with a test pressing and/or mispressing of this item: I hate you.

We love you too..... rock3

Would there be any way to figure out where the German pressings were made? Like, what company? I mean, hard to believe Geffen "owned" a pressing plant, in Germany, or anywhere? Universal pops up, BMG too, but what would have been the name and location of such factories? If we could find someone with experience in making lp's, we could learn a damn lot about these things?

I am also on a HiFi board, covers vinyls in big matter, will ask arround