The lasting power of GNR on the collective consciousness

saber_

It is a testament to the persistence of the continuing global effect of Guns & Roses that the iconic imagery of Guns & Roses still endures today with references aplenty.

Most recently, the television show "Celebrity Apprentice" made reference to Axl by including a dude dressed up vaguely like him, and including the look-alike in a commercial for 7-up.

The references start about 63:47 in to the episode.

It would seem John Rich is a fan of Axl's, even though the guy playing Axl was kinda douchey.

Therefore we can once again be certain that Guns n Roses has etched itself permanently into the pantheon of rock n roll legends.

Discuss.

Edited by mindsaber

It is a testament to the persistence of the continuing global effect of Guns & Roses that the iconic imagery of Guns & Roses still endures today with references aplenty.

Most recently, the television show "Celebrity Apprentice" made reference to Axl by including a dude dressed up vaguely like him, and including the look-alike in a commercial for 7-up.

The references start about 63:47 in to the episode.

It would seem John Rich is a fan of Axl's, even though the guy playing Axl was kinda douchey.

Therefore we can once again be certain that Guns n Roses has etched itself permanently into the pantheon of rock n roll legends.

Discuss.

it's kinda odd I seen you post this, Im a big celebrity apprentice fan and I started watching this latest episode online but I stopped watching a little before half way to watch the rest later which isnt long before this, then I get on here and see this post kinda random. Also do you remember the Geico commercial where Warren Buffet dressed up like Axl for the rock song? He did a not half bad Axl snake dance :P Check out video at 1:39ish for those who never seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35yjGkvoV6Q

Edited by amacfantasy

it's kinda odd I seen you post this, Im a big celebrity apprentice fan and I started watching this latest episode online but I stopped watching a little before half way to watch the rest later which isnt long before this, then I get on here and see this post kinda random. Also do you remember the Geico commercial where Warren Buffet dressed up like Axl for the rock song? He did a not half bad Axl snake dance :P Check out video at 1:39ish for those who never seen it

I had not seen that. Thankya.