CHRIS PITMAN produces soundtrack for brazilian film

MANETS.FOREVER

POSTER-Assalto-ao-Banco-Central-202x300.jpg

20110330173250_201548_large_celebracao-em-torno-de-astro-do-rock.jpg

Guns N' Roses keyboardist Chris Pitman, was the big star of a dinner offered by the businessman Ricardo Rique (52) to 150 people in his apartement at the Vieira Souto Avenue, Ipanema, one of the most elegant addresses in Rio. The musician, married to the brazilian producer Ana Pitman, is more and more envolved with projects in Brazil. "Besides musician, I'm also an artist. I'm preparing myself to a exposition on a gallery on Ipanema. The organization is advanced, on post-production phase", told the rocker. 'Ana is my biggest inspiration. We met 10 years ago at Rock in Rio, and we've been together since then. Seven years ago we got married. All I can say is that music took me to amazing places and amazing people".

The musician is also responsible for the Central Bank Heist film soundtrack, first film directed by Marcos Paulo (60), planned to be released on July. "Rock is my area, and all I can say is that Guns N' Roses is amazing on our film", said Marcos.

Source

As for the film, it's based on a true story, one of the world's largest burglaries, along with the 1987 Knightsbridge Security Deposit robbery in London:

On the weekend of August 6, 2005 and August 7, 2005 a gang of burglars tunneled into the Banco Central in Fortaleza. They removed five containers of 50-real notes, with an estimated value of R$164,755,150 (as on December, 2009 US$94.3 million) and weighing about 3.5 tons. The money was uninsured; a bank spokeswoman stated that the risks were too small to justify the insurance premiums. The burglars managed to evade or disable the bank's internal alarms and sensors; the burglary remained undiscovered until the bank opened for business on the morning of Monday, August 8, 2005.

The Banco Central is a national banking institution charged with control of the money supply. The money in the vault was being examined to see if it should be recirculated or destroyed. The bills were not numbered sequentially, making them almost impossible to trace.

Three months earlier, the gang of burglars had rented an empty property in the centre of the city and then tunneled 78 meters (256 ft) beneath two city blocks to a position beneath the bank. The gang had renovated a house and put up a sign indicating it was a landscaping company selling both natural and artificial grass as well as plants. Neighbours, who estimated that the gang consisted of between six and ten men, described how they had seen van-loads of soil being removed daily, but understood this to be a normal activity of the business. The tunnel, being roughly 70 cm (2.3 ft) square and running 4 meters (13 ft) beneath the surface, was well-constructed: it was lined with wood and plastic and had its own lighting and air conditioning systems.

On the final weekend, the gang broke through 1.1 meters (3.6 ft) of steel-reinforced concrete to enter the bank vault. The bank notes weighed approximately 3,500 kg (approx. 7,700 lbs) and would have required a considerable amount of time and effort to remove.

esquema-do-roubo-do-banco-central-de-fortaleza.jpg

Source + More Info

Edited by MANETS.FOREVER

Chris Pitman (34) ?

haha, that's a good one

Yeah, Pitman is 49.

Right, funny how true is the rest of it?

What one thing has to do with the other, Double G?

Seriously. I mean, they put his age wrong, but they didn't ask him or whatever.

The quotes are thing he told them there, it wouldn't be wrong.

By the way, the woman in the middle is sister of the model Axl was dating during S. American Tour last year.

"Rock is my area, and all I can say is that Guns N' Roses is amazing on our film", said Marcos.

what that mean?

btw I aint shooting the messenger(you) I just think that the article is poorly written

Edited by gunsguy

if the world sucked ass.

edit: I've heard some pretty fine piano covers though, and those aren't bad at all. It's just that the album version is all over the place and what the fuck is going with those flamenco guitars anyways...

here's a nice rendition:

Edited by Cpi

• 2 weeks later...

2 x Chris Pitman Presets

Meet multi-instrumentalist, producer, engineer, songwriter, sound designer, programmer and conceptual artist Chris Pitman (Guns N Roses, Lusk, Replicants, Tool) and hear him comment on his Toontrack S2.0 Producer Presets for the Custom & Vintage SDX™ and the New York Studios SDX™

Edited by Angeles_

Guest siliconmessiah

2 x Chris Pitman Presets

Meet multi-instrumentalist, producer, engineer, songwriter, sound designer, programmer and conceptual artist Chris Pitman (Guns N Roses, Lusk, Replicants, Tool) and hear him comment on his Toontrack S2.0 Producer Presets for the Custom & Vintage SDX™ and the New York Studios SDX™

Fucking cool! I really like Chris Pitman and has done that from the start!

Pitman, Dizzy and Stinson is the people still hanging on since the rebirth of GNR in 2001! [i won´t count Fortus in here, even if he is good at what he´s doing, he is just a sessions musician now on tour with Thin Lizzy]