Noel Gallagher to Announce Solo Album Details Tommorow

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

Noel Gallagher to unveil debut solo album plans tomorrow!

Noel Gallagher looks certain to reveal his debut solo album plans at a press conference in London tomorrow, Wednesday 6 July. Invites have been circulated from Gallagher's own Sour Mash label for the event, which is set to be a guest list only affair.

MusicRadar will have a roving reporter on the inside so stay tuned for updates, but in the meantime, what do we know already?

In 2008, Noel claimed to have "loads of new songs... and they're all brilliant", while following the Oasis split in 2009, rumours began to fly around, with Alan McGee perhaps predictably chiming in to say that Gallagher's new material is "totally amazing."

2011 has seen recent sightings in LA studios and a hastily-withdrawn announcement from a production company claiming to have worked on a video for a track called The Death Of You And Me. This will almost certainly be the title of Noel's debut solo single.

This 'leaked' tracklisting now seems unlikely to be 100 percent accurate, although we still wonder if lost Noel songs from the Oasis era such as Stop The Clocks, I Want To Live In A Dream In My Record Machine and If I Had A Gun might finally get an official release. Liam certainly seems to think so.

One thing's for sure, we'll know more tomorrow and as soon as we do, you will too. Here's hoping that Noel's new songs are this good.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/noel-gallagher-to-unveil-solo-album-plans-tomorrow-472810

Guest Len B'stard

Fuck aye. Beady Eye were decent, but nothing special. Think this could be one of the records of the year, but I'm more excited for a tour, be nice to see Noel play indoors rather than a stadium.

at 3:00 ish that sounds exactly like I am The Walrus...is that a Noely G solo song then or...?

Fuck aye. Beady Eye were decent, but nothing special. Think this could be one of the records of the year, but I'm more excited for a tour, be nice to see Noel play indoors rather than a stadium.

at 3:00 ish that sounds exactly like I am The Walrus...is that a Noely G solo song then or...?

Not sure, he played it at an oasis soundcheck. Would like to hear a studio version though.

"Noel Gallagher´s High Flying Birds" will be released on October 17.

Noel Gallagher's debut solo album will be called Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and released on 17 October 2011. Speaking at a London press conference today, Gallagher remarked that the album didn't contain any guitar solos until track six, and "isn't a Guitar Hero album".

He also added, "Only two tracks have guitar solos and I didn't play one of them."

A second, "far out" album is already in the can, the result of "a continued collaboration with the Amorphous Androgynous". It will be a companion to the first record and released in 2012.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds is also the name of his new band, and they are set to tour this autumn, with the first show in Dublin on 23 October. The touring line-up contains former Zutons bassist Russell Pritchard. Gallagher has also confirmed that Oasis songs will definitely feature in the High Flying Birds' setlist.

Tracklist:

'Everybody's On The Run'

'Dream On'

'If I Had A Gun'

'The Death Of You And Me'

'(I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine'

'AKA...What A Life!'

'Solider Boys And Jesus Freaks'

'AKA...Broken Arrow'

'(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach'

'Stop The Clocks'

Guest Len B'stard

During the press conference Noel basically said he left cuz him and Liam couldn't get along and Liam tried to "take his face off with a guitar" and disliked him "violently" and that he wasn't sick of Oasis he was sick of Liam. To which Liam, in true Liam style tweeted the following one word response: SHITBAG :lol:

Anyway, i'm well excited for this album, get in there Noely G, show em how it's done! And that Amorphous Androgynous thing sounds tres interested too.

yeah it makes it seem like a big event. something to get into. Beady Eye is more of band set up whereas as this could be pretty interesting in scope. he's always been into psychedelia so it could be quite interesting. Axl seems to have honed everything down after getting shit for illusions being bloated.

wonder if he'll have anything like Setting Sun?

Guest Len B'stard

I reckon, if Noel plays his cards right he could really really like...i mean he's set in stone anyway rock n roll history-wise but if he set out to make a big enough splash with this album he could get to like...a Neil Young type level of....geezer-ness :lol: Acclaim, whatever, you know what i mean. By his own admission laziness with lyrics is his consistent let down. I mean they're great and everything but...by his own admission he just bungs shit in cuz it rhymes sometimes.

I think it'll be good though, Oasis songs sound beautiful when he does em like, accoustically, like REALLY pretty. And there's a certain sadness about his too when he does it, he looks like it's like...he's carrying the world on his shoulders when he does it and it makes the whole performance really endearing. It's like he's playing in a row boat out in the middle of the ocean somewhere to himself

beautiful :)

Edited by sugaraylen

His solo tour around the greatest hits with Gem was wonderful. That alone would have got me to one of his gigs this time around.

The remix of Falling Down was pretty dynamite so I am actually looking forward to the second record too. His voice is so much better than it was in the 90s. He has actually developed into a pretty strong singer.

This is incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwaaqBbs-Lw

Probably my favourite Oasis song. I love the live Liam versions too with him yelling 'take me there' over and over but there is so ethereal sort of magic to Noel doing it.

yeah it makes it seem like a big event. something to get into. Beady Eye is more of band set up whereas as this could be pretty interesting in scope. he's always been into psychedelia so it could be quite interesting. Axl seems to have honed everything down after getting shit for illusions being bloated.

wonder if he'll have anything like Setting Sun?

I think the second album is going to be all sort of stuff like that. I always thought Noel should have gotten the Chemical Brothers to produce the album after Be Here Now. Looks like this will sort of be it.

maybe it's bcos Liam wouldnt have wanted to do it. Oasis couldn't go too experimental cos its a band they have to do a Go Let It Out. although Noel's album could be 8 tracks long. Beady Eye was almost more epic than CD, it goes on and on and on.

Noel prob wants to have solo career like Paul Weller.

I think it would funny if he move to LA, bought a mansion and hung out with Ozzy. did a reality show called Our Kid.

maybe Noel can break America.

Edited by wasted

Guest Len B'stard

Fuck America (don't take that wrong Americans!), if they didn't get it when Liam was on the VMA's bangin' out Champagne Supernova, if they didn't get Definitely Maybe, if they didn't get Morning Glory they ain't never gonna get it. But yeah, i'd like to see Noely G nail it though, yanks go for that whole one man and a stool thing. Some of em.