Megadeth's TH1RT3EN

Musicman11

Well I figured I'd start a topic for Megadeth's TH1RT3EN (Yeah its a weird styling, but eh, whatever). From what I've heard the album sounds amazing. We've got 3 of songs so far, and Megadeth is sounding really great this year:

and then I'm sure some of you have heard Sudden Death already.

All 3 of these are really great tracks in my opinion, Sudden Death and Never Dead have the old school thrash feeling that I love as well. We've also kind of got 3 other songs confirmed. Black Swan that was a bonus track for United Abominations a couple of years ago is supposed to be on the album. Two demos available on the Remix and Remaster of Youthanasia, Millennium of the Blind and New World Order, are supposed to be completed and reworked for the album as well. I don't particularly care for the fact that were getting 3 songs that we've had before, but its Megadeth and 2 of the 3 were unfinished demos, so I'll take them.

The album is due out on November 1st, so we've still got a little wait for it, but I'm hyped as hell, how about you all?

Edited by Musicman11

I'm pretty excited about this too. Not wild about the fact that we're getting 1 song we've already heard and 2 old ones that are being reworked. Almost like they couldn't come up with enough new material to make a whole album. I'm still pretty eager to hear this. If it's anything like Endgame, it'll be great.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd give it a 7/10 it's nowhere near Endgame and United Abominations IMO. The lack of new material is what does me, Sudden Death was out for ages, it sounds nicer sure but c'mon new megadeth album should open with a whole new song! Public Enemy is okay, verses are great the chorus and repetition irritates me though. Black Swan already sounded great as a B-Side. New World Order and Millenium of the Blind are decent, espec. NWO but they were leftover demos and haven't changed much. I hate Whose Life it's very generic but will get more fans I guess which is good in a world of shitty radio trend bands. I love Never Dead, Deadly Nightshade (could have strolled into the black album) and Fast Lane is fun with a Wake Up Dead-esque break halfway through. It's a decent album but for Megadeth decent should be more! I appreciate Dave probably rushed a little to get off Roadrunner records with crap promotion. Title track is also a nice surprise much like Hardest Part of Letting Go from Endgame.

I was happy to hear the album on Youtube, does it lack some of the heaviness of the last couple, yes. Is it bad, hell no. Its actually pretty freaking good! I like it, it combines a bunch of elements and using them all to its advantage. Never Dead, We The People, and Sudden Death are some awesome fast songs. The title track is also great.