US Tour Predictions

Bobbo

After rio, it seems apparent that new songs aren't on the way, and if the last leg of the tour, and rio are any indication of what's to come, the nu band is only playing about 5 of their own songs.

That being said, do you think many in the us will see this as, more or less, the same tour they got in 2006 (which didn't even sell that great)? Do you think it will succeed or flop? Do you think they'll play all the dates scheduled? Do you think it's a mistake that they're going out without anything new to bring to the table? Do you think axl will get his shit together?

New songs may be introduced along the way. It's possible they didn't play anything new at Rio because Axl was aware of how bad he sounded and didn't want to butcher something people would hear for the first time.

Edited by JimMorrison4

New songs may be introduced along the way. It's possible they didn't play anything new at Rio because Axl was aware of how bad he sounded and didn't want to butcher something people would hear for the first time.

I am inclined to agree

Me, too. Sure hope it was just a bad night because I've been looking forward to this tour for too long.

I think this tour is either forced because of the settlement, or just a cash grab. After Rio, that all about confirmed it. We'll see no new songs, and similar set lists, maybe with a few more CD songs thrown in.

In fact, I think that the new band might be done, and this will be the last tour. Then old GNR reunites. Maybe Axl was getting nostalgic about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nomination, and has softened up and had a change of heart. Now he's just got to get through this tour, collect the cash, and focus on the reunion. It's the only thing at this point that will bring him back to 1992 fame and attention again. New Guns has lost that chance I think.

After being a new Guns supporter for so long, I'm actually thinking this would probably be the best thing.