New Tommy Interview

veon

Just thought it was interesting... wonder what the fight was about?

http://www.spinner.com/2011/10/28/tommy-stinson-replacements-reunion/

You recorded the title track of 'One Man Mutiny' in a hotel?

Yeah, it was the Conrad Hotel in Brussels, Belgium. The song kind of came from the odd things I wrote when I was determined on that last European run to write some music while I was out there. I had enough downtime to make that happen, if I made myself do it. And that song came from an inner bus dispute between me and a couple of other guys. It was a funny thing and by the time we got into Brussels it was pretty much written out and we found a piano in the hotel restaurant and they let us go and record it.

What was the dispute over?

There were some of us going on about why the hell are we travelling to do this when we could be doing that? It was just one of those. We didn't have a clear picture of what was really going to go on. Day sheets didn't come out or something like that. And the e-mails that were going around were "Wait 'till Tommy gets a load of this s---!" or something like that. And I read the e-mail and got to the bus and was like, "Listen, man. Don't include me in your f---ing mutinies! I'm a one man mutiny if I've got a problem!" And that's how it happened, just blurted it out. History's made.

It would have been all over music press if there was another mutiny in Guns 'N Roses, right?

Haha. It had nothing to do with Axl. It was just silly band s---. People having to travel when they don't want to. You know, your cranky pants. Older guys get cranky on the road.