New songs and Axl`s singing on them..

Gauda

It has atleast been a month or 3 since we have discussed this so..  ::)

I just listened to The Blues and was blown away (again), Axl`s singing in it just so wonderful with his ah-ahs and that new emotion he got in his voice.. It`s kind of like a bit more volnerabule(spelling :) ) or something.. :) You can hear it even better on Madagascar..

But still on songs like Chinese Democracy he got that Axl-rigth before it bursts (is that a word? :) ) type of singing on the take-off points..

I think his singing has improved over the years! :D

Since he has taken so long time on this album I think this is going to be an overall great album..!

And with The Blues and Madagascar not being considered released as singles..!

Chinese Democracy is going to top Appetite!! :D

i don't know if he's singing better than before, but at least he must be warming his voice up before the shows now.. ;) i've read in an interview when he said that he had to warm up his voice before a show since 1988 or something like that ,so it must have been a reason why he used to sing so bad the last years of guns n roses... as for the studio versions i'm sure the singing is ok, it always was,after all they can correct any vulnerabilities in the studio ;) gauda what makes you think cd will oversale afd ? are you willing to bet 2000$ on it with me ? just as much as i need to take a new electric and an amp i've wanted for a long long time ;)

I dont know if it will sell better..

And we havent got that much to go on with the quality of the cd either..

But the signs we have gotten is great and if The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy sets the standard for this cd.. Meaning that these songs is not standing out on the record.. And with 5-6 that they may or may not use as singles, atleast has the quality, this cd is be the best thing since Appetite or even better! :)

After using so much time there wont be any fillers.. That why when I heard The Blues yesterday I got all pumped up.. :)

But ofcourse, I dont know.. :)

So I guess you will just have to save some more.. :)

just joking ;) but if anyone wants to send me $2000 just send me a message and i'll give you my accounts number ;)

holydiver, if I had $2000 I would give it to you, but I don't.  Anyway, I think this album is gonna be awesome, but I don't think it will top AFD in the ratings and sales.  I wish.

Chinese Democracy can top Appetite in sells, in quality, in meaning, in whatever. But there's something it cant' take away. It's LEGENDARY STATUS. And for all if gnr gets inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame the line up that's gonna make it will be the original band not the neww gnr

Having just watched the mtv video awards i was left unimpressed I feel madagascar was a poor mans estranged. Which in my opinion was the best song guns ever did period. Axl was singing on the track far too much it needed a guitar or keyboard solo to add a bit of variation to the song if it doesnt it will only be worth listening to a few times. It was also way too short but this was probably down to the fact it was cut in half, how long is the original?? having said that i feel that Axl's voice is still as strong as it ever was thank god. What is the title track like i heard it was thrashy hopefully he avoids using distored vocals on the new album like he did in oh my god which was a joke of song hopefully it wont make the final track listing.

Having just watched the mtv video awards i was left unimpressed I feel madagascar was a poor mans estranged. Which in my opinion was the best song guns ever did period. Axl was singing on the track far too much it needed a guitar or keyboard solo to add a bit of variation to the song if it doesnt it will only be worth listening to a few times. It was also way too short but this was probably down to the fact it was cut in half, how long is the original?? having said that i feel that Axl's voice is still as strong as it ever was thank god. What is the title track like i heard it was thrashy hopefully he avoids using distored vocals on the new album like he did in oh my god which was a joke of song hopefully it wont make the final track listing.

Well, you cant base anything on the VMA performance.. Thats was simply a symbolic performance..

Also they didnt play more than one part of Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City..?

Madagascar is actually a very diversed song with 3 parts.. the one that you heard on the VMA`s, then a long solo with speaches over it (Luther King, Civil War start etc.)

And like a ending part.. The song we have heard live is a bit over 5 mins..

If you wanna actually hear something from the new band I recommend you go and download The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy and also some random from what the old band made, played by the new band.. :)

Madagascar and Live and Let Die can be found here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/audio.htm

He sings amazing on them with a new touch on songs like Madagascar.. :)

I dont think you have given Oh My God a decent chance.. It really grows on you and its definitly a very good song, however I also like it best when we have a clear vocal..

Chinese Democracy is very good.. I just wished it had another part/verse or and outro or something, it seems to end very quickly.. But I guess thats just another way of doing it.. :) Very fucking kewl intro though, very good guitar play on that song and the solo has been longer since we heard it in Rio.. It lasts a couple seconds over 3 mins.. :)

Also you should download the speach that comes after Chinese Democracy at the gig in London.. Axl is fucking cool!! :D

too bad axl performanced in VMA isn't too good .... even poor... it lead ppl who haven't listen all axl new voice discredit him, i have to defends him so hard from my friends who start moking him for his bad voice in vma  >:( :'(

and jointritual, their new song ROCKS!!!

I heard that part of the reason his performace wasn't as good is because the little thing in his ear ( I don' t know what you call it) wasn't working right. Notice whenever his voice was cracking, he was fooling around with it.

Well i will throw in my 2 cents as much as its worth..

Axl sounds horrid compared to the AFD days.. I mean I know its not fair to base it on purely the VMA's or osaka, but in gerenetal based ont he live shows that have been performed it has lost its raw power. It doesn't have the same coarsness...

I mean it sounds good still, and he is still the best fucking singer ever, but i dont thinkn it was as good as in the early days for sure...

And yes, true the new unreleased songs are good...

And considering that they arent even being considered as singles makes me think "gee'z he must have some good shit back there"... However i would like to see a song that resembles more of a harder edge (i know chinese democracy is hardish but not in the same was as say welcome to the jungle which i would like to see) Madagascar and the blues are a bit soft for me....

madagascar is the only really good song of all he has sung until know. it's not quite a ballad, it sounds very sophisticated ,like he's put all the wisdom he has gathered during these years in it. Chinese democracy is ok, but not up to gnr hard rock standards. it's very simple to be gnr... the blues.. hm.. i know many of you here love this song but i don't think it's the kind of song that will stand the test of time. it's kinda "yesterdays", very sappy music ... it WILL do a hit among girl population mostly for a short time but then noone except us will remember it ... and it can also be the reason why people might get laughing at gnr. they will say "gnr rock ? haha sure aerosmith too ... they write the same stuff". that's what i think anyways...

Silkworms should be the first single released. If that is what Axl has been working on for 8 years that is what he should release. Chinese Democracy will probably be a lot like that. I didnt like the song at first but after a while it grows on ya and now i love it.

Imagine the first few words of Axls return to the charts being '

"Listen motherfuckers to the song that should be heard"

This stuff should be heard!

I have to admit madagascar is starting to grow on me but sorry oh my god was frankly an absymal song sort of weak nin. We all know that axl can sing way better than he did on this. the vocals seemed to have been messed about with too much the guitar parts were hidden throughout the song by all that messy techno s*it. Hopefully we have yet to listen to the best of chinese democracy.

I think we will all be amazed when we hear a studio version of all of these songs we love so much. I know when I watch videos of some of the old concerts -say '92 or so, some of the songs sung live sound down right crappy compared to my CD. Very rarely will we see an artist who sounds the same on stage and off.

Anyone heard any more rumors on release dates?

• 7 months later...

I'm not sure why this eight-month old thread was resurrected. Whoever brought it back to life -- it would be nice if you'd make a comment to explain?  

I was thinking the same.  I thought there was something wrong with the website