Any rumblings on a Phoenix show?

fantomas

damn I sure hope so. Been waitin since I first got into GNR in '95 to see them live in Phoenix. Ill be disappointed if they skip Phoenix. A friend of mine did a skype guitar lesson with BBF and since then they have emailed back and forth. When my buddy brought up a Phoenix show, BBF sounde unsure. He actually said he didnt think they were gonna play Phoenix. But who knows. Maybe he doesnt know for sure since all the dates havent been settled yet.

Edited by axls is sweat

I have been wondering the same thing. I had tickets in 2002 :( When the whole sb1070 immigration bill controversy started, many artists decided to boycott the Arizona market. It has crossed my mind that Guns might be boycotting us too. I really hope I'm just being paranoid.

Sigh, if they do skip Phoenix because of SB1070 I will have to boycott the band and that would suck. Every artist who has boycotted Arizona, I have in return and it sucks as Trent Reznor did and I am a HUGE NIN fan. Because he won't come to my state because of a law I didn't write or vote for, I can't support him. Punishing fans is not the way to go.

I hope they don't skip us over. I will be really bummed if they do.

Thanks for your ignorance to the matter.

Well someone had to pretend to CARE about Phoenix and this thread. :rolleyes:

No one held gun to your head forcing you to post did they? Honestly, I don't give a shit what you think about Phoenix or Arizona. At least we're doing something about the ILLEGAL immigration problem and not rolling over like some bitch. Unless you have something valid to add to this thread, go cupcake somewhere else.

Thanks for your ignorance to the matter.

Well someone had to pretend to CARE about Phoenix and this thread. :rolleyes:

No one held gun to your head forcing you to post did they? Honestly, I don't give a shit what you think about Phoenix or Arizona. At least we're doing something about the ILLEGAL immigration problem and not rolling over like some bitch. Unless you have something valid to add to this thread, go cupcake somewhere else.

Alright, fine. The reason why there's no Phoenix show besides the first one I mentioned is because the band doesn't want to play in a state full of tweakers, racists, and a shitty economy. You don't see them playing in Alabama do you? So why would they come to Alabama-West aka Arizona?

:rolleyes:

Care to share where you reside? I'd love to know which ivory tower you are looking down from. On second thought, you know what, I personally don't give a shit. Obviously you've never set foot in our state.

SB1070 has nothing to do with racism. You prove your stupidity right there. It has everything to do with law breakers. People breaking laws that the feds won't uphold. Arizona just happens to have a lot of Hispanic illegals. Is that racism? No. It's fact. Sorry facts offend you. You want to know the nationality of the first person deported under the law? Ukrainian. And have you bothered to see how many other states have written similar laws? There were 19 at last count. Read up on your facts before opening your pie hole in future. You're dropping the IQ of the room.

In case you haven't looked the economy is shitty everywhere. There is a world outside of your computer if you bother to look.

You know what, arguing with an socially challenged internet cupcake who has zero grasp on the world around him is a colossal waste of my time. Thanks for sharing your ignorance pal. Don't bother responding, can't be arsed to read it. Nothing of value has been added to this thread, only your lack of reality.

Well hopefully they play in Phoenix, but Vegas is not far away. Guns was in my state this month and I drove, but Texas is a huge ass state! I drove 5 hrs to Houston, 3hrs to Dallas. Then 8 hrs back home from Dallas! I would get these Vegas tix, it might be the closest to u guys.

The tour was to be 30 dates, and 30 dates are now announced. Unless they add more dates/a 2nd leg, Phoenix won't get a date.

P.s. Any law that allows you to be stopped randomly without cause is unjust. As a white guy who has lived abroad - I'd be pissed if I was profiled because I "might" be illegal. It's racial profiling and if you think otherwise go out and get some experience in the world.

The tour was to be 30 dates, and 30 dates are now announced. Unless they add more dates/a 2nd leg, Phoenix won't get a date.

P.s. Any law that allows you to be stopped randomly without cause is unjust. As a white guy who has lived abroad - I'd be pissed if I was profiled because I "might" be illegal. It's racial profiling and if you think otherwise go out and get some experience in the world.

Go out and read SB1070. The law allows law enforcement to ask for proof of citizenship after someone is arrested for committing a crime. It does not allow law enforcement to arrest, detain, or ask for proof of citizenship just because of suspicion. You have been listening to much TV and OP-eds to actually know the FACTS. AZ has one of the highest Latino populations.. we're not rascist or profilers. I bet we also have one of the largest Latino law enforcement populations.

GnR should definitely come to PHX and it would be a hell of a show.

Go out and read SB1070. The law allows law enforcement to ask for proof of citizenship after someone is arrested for committing a crime. It does not allow law enforcement to arrest, detain, or ask for proof of citizenship just because of suspicion. You have been listening to much TV and OP-eds to actually know the FACTS. AZ has one of the highest Latino populations.. we're not rascist or profilers. I bet we also have one of the largest Latino law enforcement populations.

GnR should definitely come to PHX and it would be a hell of a show.

Not wearing your seatbelt is committing a crime. They will ask for papers for that.

They already do brother. Every time I have ever been pulled over I'm asked for License and Registration, regardless if I have committed a crime or not. We have a problem in Arizona and we tried to fix it. It is very common to be in a motor vehicle accident caused by an illegal. Getting your car smashed and getting injured sucks ass when the person who caused it can go back across the border and you're left with a mess. Uneducated people, athletes, and artists have screwed our state for fixing a problem. I hope GnR aren't as dumb. AZ ROCKS

Well, if they're not coming to Arizona I'll go to Inglewood. Would any fellow Arizonan want to join me?

I'm an AZ native but I live in So Cal now, so I'll definitely be at the LA show, and possibly the Vegas one too. I personally asked BBF about a Phoenix date, twice. I had a skype guitar lesson with him about a year ago, and he gave me his email so I could update him on my progress, and we email back n forth every few months. I try not to email him too often, as to not abuse him giving me his email address. But I did ask him about an AZ concert in an email a few months ago, and he didn't know much about touring plans then. I asked him more recently, when he and POC were on Livestream, and he flat out said "I'm pretty sure we're not going to AZ". So, there ya have it.

• 2 weeks later...