Another DJ Ashba penned single...

The Glow Inc.

I think Nicklebag had themselves another bandmember go solo. Where's my vomit emoiticon?

James Durbin is extremely talented. This song isn't all that great, but the whole album isn't like that (except the first few gross songs). That was just a bonus track. "May," "Deeper," and "Everything Burns" are really good (I realize that last song is a cover, but his vocals are exquisite either way). And his vocals on his covers of "Rainbow in the Dark," "Uprising," "Maybe I'm Amazed," and "Love Potion No. 9" are great.

I do wish his album sounded better, but I wouldn't lump him in with Nickelback quite yet.

Though I still don't get the hate for Nickelback.

Because Nickelback sucks?

My mom was obsessed with James. I was wondering why American Idol was still on.

Nickelback's got a couple good songs. I think they're harmless and mediocre. Now if they were winning millions of awards that should really have gone to Guns N' Roses, then I get it, but they don't really do any harm. They're just there. They don't even claim to be a heavier band than they actually are. And their fans aren't even annoying in general.

Try spending the day as a fan of Carrie Underwood's and watching Taylor Swift taking all her awards. :lol:

Because Nickelback sucks?

My mom was obsessed with James. I was wondering why American Idol was still on.

Nickelback's got a couple good songs. I think they're harmless and mediocre. Now if they were winning millions of awards that should really have gone to Guns N' Roses, then I get it, but they don't really do any harm. They're just there. They don't even claim to be a heavier band than they actually are. And their fans aren't even annoying in general.

Try spending the day as a fan of Carrie Underwood's and watching Taylor Swift taking all her awards. :lol:

They wrote a good song or two...but they shamelessly rewrite the song. Like that James Horner guy.

Is it me or are most of their fans chicks? Most Nickelback fans I know (all two of them) were girls...as far as I can tell.

And they've won shit over GNR? Those mother fuckers.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Aw, James Horner's scores for An American Tail and The Land Before Time make me cry every single time.

They have some very romantic songs. That's probably why they appeal to females. Songs like "Someday" and "Far Away" melt a lot of hopeless romantics. Ironically, one of the only songs I like of theirs is about shooting an abusive husband, nothing romantic of the sort. :D

If they did, that would indeed suck. But I really doubt it's ever happened.

I'll have to listen to those two songs. I am sure neither of them are SCOM or TIL. I heard stories how when GN'R first came out, mostly dudes were into them and their girlfriends hated their misogynistic lyrics until they heard SCOM for the first time and fell in love with Axl.

I was surprised that Avatar got an Oscar nomination for best score. Don't they disqualify composers who've reused old themes they've written? That's how Nino Rota got his taken away for The Godfather when someone unearthed a film he did 20 years before that had the same score.

I'm surprised you haven't heard either song. They're arguably Nickelback's most popular songs. "Far Away" is ... okay, but I actually think "Someday" is really good. Whether it's because it makes me feel nostalgic or because it's a legitimately good song is a tossup. And then there's my personal favorite, "Never Again." I honestly haven't heard enough of them to say whether I like them or nor, but I guarantee most people that hate them have heard even less than I have.

Yeah, I have a lot of problems with Avatar. Namely, their blatant plagiarization of Speaker for the Dead -- one of my favorite books ever and the sequel to my absolute favorite book Ender's Game...

My problem is that I've heard a Nickelback song several times but I am not sure if it was one song or multiple songs. I vaguely remember one of them was called Photograph though

James Cameron is a fucking hack filmmaker but an excellent businessmen.

Edited by BirdCatcher