Anyone listening to Bumblefoot on The Rock of Jericho?

Axl Rose aka God

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

New music isn’t worthwhile unless Axl has $ and a mandate with the label. Which is the purpose of the tours.

Axl needs to show the reps GN’R remain relevant.

Obviously no one wants to leave....compare being in GNR to anything any of the current members have done in their past. Yeah, not even comparable...The Replacements, Psychedelic Furs, etc. yeah, nice...I'm sure they had fun doing those things, but the money and fame and status of being in GNR is a million times more than any of them have done. So of course Axl doesn't have to force anyone to stay. But I hope they all, as a unit (meaning everyone but Axl) want to write new material and be a real band so much that they can talk Axl into it.

I also like how you used Billy Joel, a solo artist, as an example. Fits perfectly.

Really?

Tommy in a recent interview said if he wants money he just leave GN'R and go for a Replacements reunion!

So no point in your post.

Tommy would make more money doing a Replacements reunion? He'd make more money than he is in GNR? Really? I find that very hard to believe, comparing the success of The Replacements to the legacy surrounding GNR. So what the fuck is the point of your post? I mean really...what is your point? To say my post has no point? That's all you bring to the table? Aren't you the kid who complained to the mods because someone made fun of you for having ugly parents or something?

Obviously no one wants to leave....compare being in GNR to anything any of the current members have done in their past. Yeah, not even comparable...The Replacements, Psychedelic Furs, etc. yeah, nice...I'm sure they had fun doing those things, but the money and fame and status of being in GNR is a million times more than any of them have done. So of course Axl doesn't have to force anyone to stay. But I hope they all, as a unit (meaning everyone but Axl) want to write new material and be a real band so much that they can talk Axl into it.

I also like how you used Billy Joel, a solo artist, as an example. Fits perfectly.

Really?

Tommy in a recent interview said if he wants money he just leave GN'R and go for a Replacements reunion!

So no point in your post.

Tommy would make more money doing a Replacements reunion? He'd make more money than he is in GNR? Really? I find that very hard to believe, comparing the success of The Replacements to the legacy surrounding GNR. So what the fuck is the point of your post? I mean really...what is your point? To say my post has no point? That's all you bring to the table? Aren't you the kid who complained to the mods because someone made fun of you for having ugly parents or something?

Are you talking about BBA multi account?

And ugly parents my ass. Don't talk about people you don't know.

You are spreading shit like always.

Honestly...

I don't see the point in having these guys tour AFD indefinitely and not write any music.

I mean, if GnR is a touring band only, why not reunite the old band and make more cash if he doesn't want to actually make music... :shrugs:

What's the point of having people like Bumblefoot in the band if you're not going to use them ?

Because that ISN'T the point!!!

I wonder if it ever occurred to anyone that perhaps the label isn't providing any more funding to complete the next record and therefore touring is necessary to get the funding necessary for additional recording, mixing and mastering.

Just a thought.

Ali

Ashba has a studio (right?), Ron has a studio and I'm pretty sure that Axl has enough money to spend in studio equipment. If the record label is making things harder, release through GNR.com, Amazon and itunes. Fuck management, fuck record labels. Just release the shit already and enough with the "omg you fans will never understand, we can't release music" thing. And promote it - being at home watching fans and Ron promote it isn't very useful and I think Axl knows that.

Releasing music like that would put Axl in breach of contract, probably, and he'd forfeit royalties owed to him from the back catalog. The contract means they basically own your voice. You can't just go around them.

Edited by Gagarin