Axl on KOHD

gnrkoncerti

Los Angeles Times: Can you talk about the L.A. show at the Forum on Wednesday night?

Axl Rose: Well, LA will be interesting. I’m looking forward to it. We had a great time in ’06. We did three nights at the Gibson. But this year was very weird because the industry was trying to force us into a smaller show — just one, and then make it two. But the real thing about it is that the sound’s not that good at the Palladium — and why are we going down, when we can draw more? So we’re doing the Forum, but it really wasn’t done right. We had to fight for that. [Rose goes into a long tirade about specific industry executives.]

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/axl-rose-talks-playing-los-angeles-rock-hall-reunion.html

Los Angeles Times: Can you talk about the L.A. show at the Forum on Wednesday night?

Axl Rose: Well, LA will be interesting. I’m looking forward to it. We had a great time in ’06. We did three nights at the Gibson. But this year was very weird because the industry was trying to force us into a smaller show — just one, and then make it two. But the real thing about it is that the sound’s not that good at the Palladium — and why are we going down, when we can draw more? So we’re doing the Forum, but it really wasn’t done right. We had to fight for that. [Rose goes into a long tirade about specific industry executives.]

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/axl-rose-talks-playing-los-angeles-rock-hall-reunion.html

tnx,but i still don't understand

When it comes to venues, there's usually a lot of discussions on where bands are going to play. It sounds like the local promoter was trying to get them to play a theater when Axl wanted to play an arena. There's 2 "cheap" venues that bands rarely play, the LA Forum and the Sports Arena by the old Olympic stadium.

The Palladium has a capacity of 4000, so that's prob. why he didn't want to play there. Nokia Live is a great venue because it borderlines on arena as far as people go, and the sound is pretty good there. But for a GNR show, where people want to stand up and use pyros, an arena's a better place for their show.

I think Hollywood Bowl should be on the agenda this year. They can actually get a full orchestra and get a fireworks show if they did a show there. And with AFD 25, makes sense to play there. It has 18,000 capacity.

When it comes to venues, there's usually a lot of discussions on where bands are going to play. It sounds like the local promoter was trying to get them to play a theater when Axl wanted to play an arena. There's 2 "cheap" venues that bands rarely play, the LA Forum and the Sports Arena by the old Olympic stadium.

The Palladium has a capacity of 4000, so that's prob. why he didn't want to play there. Nokia Live is a great venue because it borderlines on arena as far as people go, and the sound is pretty good there. But for a GNR show, where people want to stand up and use pyros, an arena's a better place for their show.

I think Hollywood Bowl should be on the agenda this year. They can actually get a full orchestra and get a fireworks show if they did a show there. And with AFD 25, makes sense to play there. It has 18,000 capacity.

thank you a lot...now I understand it...Promoters didn't believe that Guns can fill Forum...

But Axl was right and he played soldout show in Forum.Somwhere I read there were 16000 people!!!

TNX again