"Axl sounds better in person"

Jakey Styley

the problem is: his clean voice doesn't sound that great. the rasp is his trademark. the clean voice was never part of his style and he didn't choose do sing with a clean voice, he had to or his throat would explode or something. he should avoid singing some songs that sound bad with clean vocals, it's frustrating.

You really don't notice it there, it just sounds so much stronger in person. Yes the rasp is amazing, and WTTJ was unreal because of it but his clean vocals weren't weak and they didn't sound out of place...I'd even say that his vocals tonight were closer to the recorded stuff than the 1991-1993 tour. (Because lets not forget, his voice on the recorded stuff by in large wasn't even that raspy, its only when he did live shows that he got that killer rasp that he has become known for)

Thats not to say there weren't weak moments, YCBM did sound abit of a struggle but by in large the clean vocals sounded fine tonight and it just made the moments when he went full out sound that bit more special. (Like a tease!)

i'm glad that you enjoyed it, i feel those raspy moments as a tease as well, i keep thinking (damn, sing the whole song like that you motherfucker!!) lol. hopefully he will sound good on the next record. and by good, i mean raspy. it's axl, after all. =)