Canadian indie/punk from the 70's

Zint

Ok len..as per all the PM conversations we've had,a thread for you my man (or anyone who might appreciate).

I'll start you off with a band out of Hamilton Ontario,Simply Saucer,this track from 1975.

Promise me you'll listen to the whole thing (maybe smoke a fatty first). :devilshades:

Guest Len B'stard

Awww shit man, thanks a million!! No, really, this last fuckin' week i been dying for some new music to listen to and nothings really sprung much to mind, i downloaded a No Wave compliation, thats how desperate things are :lol: j/k, i adore that shit actually. But yeah man, thanks a fuckin' million, keep em coming, serious man, i want a flood, TRUSTTT me, they will be listened to. Especially anything to do with The Viletones and The Subhumans! And hey, anything new too, thank you, thank you, thank you! :D:D

Do you actually know these guys, like Leckie and them? :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Just listened to Simply Saucer...one word, WOAH! Thats fuckin' mental sounding!! Downloading their album as of now. Whats with the Pink Floyd references, the one album of Floyds i heard they weren't fuckin' nothin' like that..

Just listened to Simply Saucer...one word, WOAH! Thats fuckin' mental sounding!! Downloading their album as of now. Whats with the Pink Floyd references, the one album of Floyds i heard they weren't fuckin' nothin' like that..

Probably references to Floyd's early experimental years (you should explore the Syd years len).

Saucer wore their influences on their sleeve,Underground,Stooges etc.

Don't know if you are familiar with producer Daniel Lanois?

He's from Hamilton Ontario and he actually recorded these guys mid 70's..I think it's all still lingering unreleased. (not sure if they've done anything with the recordings...they fuckin should though).

And to answer the other question,don't know a lot of the guys from the early Toronto scene personally or anything (I did have Leckie ask me where he could score some junk when he played a bar in London Ont. once) :tongue2:

I knew more of the hardcore people when that started to happen.

Ok...out to the west coast.

A band that really got going around '78 in Vancouver D.O.A.

We'll start off with an intro from Henry Rollins..and he's right,the records were good,but this band blew your face off live.

Chuck Biscuits on drums..untouchable!

Guest Len B'stard

Cool man, i've actually heard some DOA a long whiles back but i'm damned if i can remember shit from it, i'm on these though man, thanks :)

Downloaded an album by that Saucers band called Cyborgs revisited, it's kind of all i could find on em, sounds really fuckin great though. And i'll be checking some of this DOA stuff out when i get off work, thanks man :) Got a voracious appetite for new music lately man so keep em coming pleeeasee! And thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

That sounds fuckin' great man, whats those guyses story? BTW Simply Saucer are seriously fuckin' cool, been on my iPod every morning since you put em my way, thanks Zint :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

I've never heard of them either, i'll hafta give it a whirl when i get home! Were there many girls in Canada scene? You don't hear so much about girls in and around Hardcore.