Dizzy Reed--Two questions

1) As far as you know, is it true that Axl/GN'R asked Dizzy Reed to join the band in 1986, but he broke his hand in an accident and that precluded him joining then? Did he know the band well in the early days--I read somewhere he was a frequent guest at the "Hell House" around '85 or so.

2) Slash says now he was opposed to Dizzy joining and so was the rest of the band, in 1990 when Dizzy did join...do you remember if that's the truth, did Slash and Duff not want Dizzy or any keyboardist in the band? Or is Slash just saying that he was against keyboards in GN'R in retrospect to look cool?

Edited by Indigo Miser

1) As far as you know, is it true that Axl/GN'R asked Dizzy Reed to join the band in 1986, but he broke his hand in an accident and that precluded him joining then? Did he know the band well in the early days--I read somewhere he was a frequent guest at the "Hell House" around '85 or so.

2) Slash says now he was opposed to Dizzy joining and so was the rest of the band, in 1990 when Dizzy did join...do you remember if that's the truth, did Slash and Duff not want Dizzy or any keyboardist in the band? Or is Slash just saying that he was against keyboards in GN'R in retrospect to look cool?

Dizzy knew Axl in 1986 but they were in different bands. Axl dedicated Nightrain at a concert sometime in 86 to Dizzy and his friends, as Dizzy had broken is hand in a car accident. I think Dizzy tells people that Guns were looking for a keyboardist in 1986, and they were maybe trying to woo him even back then.

As for Slash opinon's etc.. I have no idea.