Marc, do you think Axl can launch a bit of a comeback with the next album?

Marc, do you think Axl can launch a bit of a comeback with the next album? Also, do you think he will get out there and promote the next album with some videos and interviews timed around the release? And do you think it's possible for him to have some hits in this era? By the way, thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions. I really appreciate it.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Marc, do you think Axl can launch a bit of a comeback with the next album? Will he get out there and promote the next one with some videos and interviews timed around the release? And do you think it's possible for him to have some hits in this era?

Without proper counseling, I don't think anything will happen except tours like he is doing now. With proper counseling a lot can happen as far as new music. I feel he is just lost and can't find his way back on his own. Also this is not his fault. On the other hand he did do Eddie Trunk and I've seen him in some you tube videos joking around with the fans so that a great sign that things are a bit better for him. So you never know maybe things will start to move ahead. He does have great people to work with. If he can focus on his current band and forget about what some people have to say and stop worrying about what Slash may have done to him things will be good.

Edited by recklessroad

Marc, do you think Axl can launch a bit of a comeback with the next album? Will he get out there and promote the next one with some videos and interviews timed around the release? And do you think it's possible for him to have some hits in this era?

I've seen him in some you tube videos joking around with the fans so that a great sign that things are a bit better for him. So you never know maybe things will start to move ahead. He does have great people to work with. If he can focus on his current band and forget about what some people have to say and stop worrying about what Slash may have done to him things will be good.

He was super nice and really funny when I met him. I asked him a few questions, one of them being about music videos, and it sounded to me like he was really frustrated with the record company.

Edited by Randy Lahey

The last time I talked to him was about 2 or 3 years ago when he called me up to yell at me for something I said in a interview where I was defending Axl to no end but then someone thought I was a bit rough to Slash in doing so. I then made a comment that he totally misunderstood regarding Slash and Axl flipped out on me. At least I know that he cares enough to yell at me for it. Axl's biggest problem is how he interrupts things he reads or hears. He is extremely sensitive and very emotional. That is why his lyrics are so good but at the same time, that is one of the things weighing him down.

I remember Izzy saying that Axl once had a list of all the things he'd said and was quoting stuff back at him, even stuff from as far back as the 80s. Axl obviously has some mental health issues and needs help, but he is being cocooned by the people around him, who are also feeding in to his neurosis. It's sad. I'm reminded of Brain Wilson, although there is no drug abuse that we know of, this feels like it's going to be a similar long hard battle and Beta is his Landy.

Without proper counseling, I don't think anything will happen except tours like he is doing now. With proper counseling a lot can happen as far as new music. I feel he is just lost and can't find his way back on his own.

Haha, even if you were in Axl's good books, these comments alone will put you on Axl's s-hitlist if nothing else does.

You are embedded to mygnrforum now, there is no turning back.

Without proper counseling, I don't think anything will happen except tours like he is doing now. With proper counseling a lot can happen as far as new music. I feel he is just lost and can't find his way back on his own.

In all seriousness, are you worried about him?

In all seriousness, are you worried about him?

I was for a while but now that he is getting around and going out more, its a sign that things are better for him. I still think about him all the time and wish him well