Adler + Axl

Hello Marc,

Can you describe the dynamic between Steven Adler and Axl. A lot of times us fans can only speculate given the information we have available. I get the impression that Steven was not one to kiss Axl's ass and would say things and quite possibly annoy Axl. I almost get the feeling Steven would be even least likely to perform with Axl than Slash. What was the relationship between Axl and Steven really like? Were they close or did Steven just get on his nerves a lot?

If something was on Steven's mind, he wouldn't walk on egg shells with Axl. Steven didn't have much desertion either. However Axl did have a good talk with Steven in Vegas 2006 for about 4 hours which was nice to see happen. The only problem is Steven has said a lot of Shit in the last few years that has ruined he chances of working with Axl for now. Slash will work with Steven every now and then. Steven was like a child and would do stupid things sometimes.

Steven was like a child and would do stupid things sometimes.

I always laughed at this description by Niv of Stevie, I think it sums him up perfectly:

"Steven was the enthusiastic puppy dog. Always full of get-up-'n'-go and consequently always in conflict with Axl. And, like a puppy, he'd metaphorically piss the carpet and sometimes bite the wrong hand Axls."