Two big questions I haven't seen asked yet...

Bobbo

Marc, two questions I'd love answered if you can.

1. How come Izzy and Duff got, "get out of jail free cards" while Slash got the shit end of the stick? Why is what they did and how they went about things easy for Axl to forgive and forget, but then he can't apply the same logic for Slash? Both Izzy and Duff talked shit about Axl to the press after their departures. Izzy going as far as saying that Axl's "GNR" wasn't really GNR, Duff saying similar things, and also stating Axl was trying to run a dictatorship. Duff also echoed Slash's statements on how Axl got the name in his book AFTER he had just made peace with him, and Axl played with him again after the book's release. Both Izzy and Duff also left Axl high and dry, Izzy especially by leaving at such a crucial point in GNR's career. So why is it that he'll even go as far as playing with those two guys occasionally, but he won't even talk to Slash? Do you know something we don't? What's you take on that? It just doesn't seem to make sense from the naked eye.

2. You let the cat out of the bag about how Axl was willing to let Slash play on three songs on CD following a few stipulations. Do you know exactly HOW they negotiated these terms? Was it through direct contact; face to face? Was it e-mails? Was it over the phone? Was it through lawyers/managers?

Marc, two questions I'd love answered if you can.

1. How come Izzy and Duff got, "get out of jail free cards" while Slash got the shit end of the stick? Why is what they did and how they went about things easy for Axl to forgive and forget, but then he can't apply the same logic for Slash? Both Izzy and Duff talked shit about Axl to the press after their departures. Izzy going as far as saying that Axl's "GNR" wasn't really GNR, Duff saying similar things, and also stating Axl was trying to run a dictatorship. Duff also echoed Slash's statements on how Axl got the name in his book AFTER he had just made peace with him, and Axl played with him again after the book's release. Both Izzy and Duff also left Axl high and dry, Izzy especially by leaving at such a crucial point in GNR's career. So why is it that he'll even go as far as playing with those two guys occasionally, but he won't even talk to Slash? Do you know something we don't? What's you take on that? It just doesn't seem to make sense from the naked eye.

2. You let the cat out of the bag about how Axl was willing to let Slash play on three songs on CD following a few stipulations. Do you know exactly HOW they negotiated these terms? Was it through direct contact; face to face? Was it e-mails? Was it over the phone? Was it through lawyers/managers?

Slash has always done more press than the other guys and I think that Slash has said a lot of things dating back to 1994 that Axl finds to be very hurtful. You know how the press loves to blame Axl for everything that has gone wrong, well they got a lot of those things from stuff that Slash has said. On top of that Axl says Slash is a lier. To make matters worse I'm sure there are a number of things that were in Slash's book that made things ever worse.

As far as the window for Slash to play on a few songs back in 2001. That was just something Axl told me and maybe a few other people. It was not something that was put in writing like a contract. It was just something that Axl said that he would be willing to do.

Man, Axl really needs to put all this anger, resentment and frustration down on paper. Get a book out there with his side of the story. Might be very theraputic for him to get it all out there instead of carrying it about with him for years on end. It ain't healthy

LA

Man, Axl really needs to put all this anger, resentment and frustration down on paper. Get a book out there with his side of the story. Might be very theraputic for him to get it all out there instead of carrying it about with him for years on end. It ain't healthy

LA

I know I hate that he is just holding on to all that shit. A book would be a big load off of his shoulders.

Did anybody tell Slash that he said that? If so, what was Slash's opinion about it?

Yes I did tell Slash and Slash said apologize for what? The problem is when 2 people have a falling out, the best way to work it out is with a good counselor that does that for a living. They would then see that they had some differences of opinion and also I'm sure there would be some apologizing on both sides. Slash for some of the things that he said about Axl and Axl for some of the things that happened that got Slash upset.