Does anybody else think it is time for Axl Rose to start his own clothing line?

Randy Lahey

the problem is not, as it never is, with the starlets (lack of) dress-sense.

the problem is that axl doesn't have the starpower to shift merchandise with just slapping his name/face on it.

This factor is paramount in a starlet "starting his clothing line" ie. writing a contract to sell shit with his name on it.

you have to have starpower to make that game work. axl used to have plenty of such. 20 years ago. 2010, there just isnt that oomph any more.

bill gates should start a clothing line. or hillary clinton. would work way better.

:takethat:

the problem is that axl doesn't have the starpower to shift merchandise with just slapping his name/face on it.

This factor is paramount in a starlet "starting his clothing line" ie. writing a contract to sell shit with his name on it.

you have to have starpower to make that game work. axl used to have plenty of such. 20 years ago. 2010, there just isnt that oomph any more.

bill gates should start a clothing line. or hillary clinton. would work way better.

So what you're saying is Ashba got more starpower than Axl? Haha.

In general I don't like the whole celebrity clothing-line idea. Why would I want to wear the same jeans as thousands of other Ashba fans? Or the same clothes as thousands of Axl fans?

Anyway if I'd buy anything like that, I would only be interested in some of the leather jackets Axl has been wearing. They're awesome. But most likely I wouldn't buy them, because I don't want to wear the same jacket as everyone else.

I agree. It seems like every damn rapper/pop star has their own clothing line.

Some of the women singers who are mothers now, have baby clothing lines.

GOD! It's just too damn much. I mean you're a musician and sometime actor, so why do you need to make millions of more dollars with a stupid clothing line that most normal everyday people can't wear anyway! lol

So what you're saying is Ashba got more starpower than Axl? Haha.

No, I wasn't saying that, as is fairly evident from my post. you quoted it all, never did I say anything like that.

Edited by phaeryen