Hell Tour/Seattle

Creepshow2

Hi Marc,

There are a few things that I'm still trying to figure out regarding the Hell Tour. Before you put together this amazing book and let everyone in on long desired information, the only source we had was the setlist almanac on gnrontour.com which was helpful but very confusing and sometimes inaccurate with the earlier years. They have a bunch of strange dates listed throughout that week, listing the Seattle show as June 8th (the day Duff says they headed out) and that it was at the Rock Theater. I tried to pinpoint the Seattle show date between Reckless Road and Duff's book and from what I gathered, it was on Wednesday June 12, 1985 at Gorilla Garden in Seattle. Is this date correct? Your book has that same date on their picture in the deli. Did anyone record this show, video or audio?

Also, Duff states that he took Axl to the Black Sheep show to convince Slash but a quote in Reckless Road says that Axl, Izzy and Steven went to the show. Was Steven actually in the band at this point before Slash?

Thanks again for your time and answering everyone's questions.

June 6th was the Troubadour gig and the next day I printed them some photos to take on that tour to hang in the windows off any venue they were going to play at. Then Hell broke out on the way to the first gig. I'm not sure when that gig was but one may have been booked for June 8th. I don't think they made it to that one. June 12th could be the right date. No one that I know made a tape of it. I was the only one who cared about recording gigs.

Edited by recklessroad

There was a Yahoo blogger that posted this story, and put a copy of the flyer in there. There prob. is a photo or two from the show, but it's prob. lost and forgotten.

http://voices.yahoo.com/guns-n-roses-early-days-1985-hell-tour-seattle-7181166.html?cat=33

I read "Duff in a kimono" and had to stop - that would stand out in anyone's memory. Marc, do you ever remember seeing Duff in a kimono?

I listed the show on my site as June 8th, since there's no info about other shows in june other than june 28th at the Stardust. It's great when the facts are spot on, but before your book, Marc, it was something of a puzzle to put together the info from other sources! Can't thank you enough for the book! :thumbsup: Hope you'll release more some day!

It is great to have the facts spot on. Thanks to your site Mickey, I was inspired to even try to get a list of every Guns N' Roses performance. It has kept me searching for audio and video shows for over a decade. I think a lot of fans feel the same. You covered a lot of territory and now that Mark's book is out, it completes that, especially since he includes the setlists.

Marc, do you know if any of them besides Slash were horror movie fans? Slash mentioned it several times in his book, and referenced Creepshow, The Omen, etc.

I don't know if you saw the 2nd part of the earlier question about who joined first, Slash or Steven?

It is great to have the facts spot on. Thanks to your site Mickey, I was inspired to even try to get a list of every Guns N' Roses performance. It has kept me searching for audio and video shows for over a decade. I think a lot of fans feel the same. You covered a lot of territory and now that Mark's book is out, it completes that, especially since he includes the setlists.

Marc, do you know if any of them besides Slash were horror movie fans? Slash mentioned it several times in his book, and referenced Creepshow, The Omen, etc.

I don't know if you saw the 2nd part of the earlier question about who joined first, Slash or Steven?

I don't know who likes horror and who doesn't. I know that Del James is a big horror fan.

I think Slash and Steven joined together or maybe Steven a day or so before Slash. It was easy for Steven besause he was not in a band at the time. Slash had just joined Blacksheep.

Thanks for using my site, I've been working hard to gather all the facts, and it takes a lot of time to set it all up, it couldn't have been done without all the other sites that have been posting info about GnR shows, bios, and all other stuff, so it's great to be able to share freely all available knowledge of one of the best bands in the world!:D And hoping not to break any laws on the way!

Edited by Mickey

Other than a bunch of pictures, some notes and dialogue, was there anything cut from your book Marc such as gigs (not including the London/Marquee shows in '87) but anything cut from between the first Troubadour and the Drunk Fux shows? Also, did you actually videotape that first show or just take photos?

Other than a bunch of pictures, some notes and dialogue, was there anything cut from your book Marc such as gigs (not including the London/Marquee shows in '87) but anything cut from between the first Troubadour and the Drunk Fux shows? Also, did you actually videotape that first show or just take photos?

I missed one Hollywood gig and one GNR gig that was at 3 am at a party. I didn't start doing video until the Roxy 1/18/86.

That Roxy show from '86 is awesome. I've watched that so many times and always wondered if it was the earliest video of Guns N' Roses. But someone has audio clips of a lot of '85 gigs, they're not complete but it seems that they were intentionally just sampled together and that the full shows exist on audio. Do you know if that's true or if they're available somewhere?

Was the 3am gig opening for the Dead Boys or The Lords Of The New Church by any chance?

Do you happen to know the date or even a rough idea of when that 3am party was? I hope this topic isn't being dragged out too far, I'm just trying to put something together that I've been working on for a long time, a Guns N' Roses timeline that sort of reads like a journal, not for publishing of course but as a guide, so if the questions are becoming too much, please let me know. But all the information you've given is already greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Marc.