Was Izzy a punk rock fan?

Vincent Vega

I know Duff was the biggest punker in the band but I have to ask: Was/is Izzy into punk rock? I ask because I and others have noted a very punk rock vibe to the guiitar work on AFD, and I don't really see Slash being a Punk fan given he's more of a Classic Rock/Aerosmith kinda guy....

Who would you say was more of a Punker, Izzy or Slash?

Guest Len B'stard

I don't think any of them fit any category exclusively. Slash has often espoused a love for The Sex Pistols and Fear and The Damned, Duffs into fucking Prince, Izzy digs punk, reggae, rock and Axl is equally electic musical taste-wise, seems to me that they're all just guys who love all sorts of music and none of em is like...particularly like, one thing or choose to be defined as one thing.

As far as being fans of punk, well all of them fit that description :)

I don't think any of them fit any category exclusively. Slash has often espoused a love for The Sex Pistols and Fear and The Damned, Duffs into fucking Prince, Izzy digs punk, reggae, rock and Axl is equally electic musical taste-wise, seems to me that they're all just guys who love all sorts of music and none of em is like...particularly like, one thing or choose to be defined as one thing.

While all these guys indeed love Punk, I just feel with Izzy and Duff they're the only ones who show it musically.

He's also a Dead Kennedys fan. :)