Steven's drumming on Illusions

nathanhall

Has anyone heard the demos from the Illusion albums?

Being a drummer myself I would love to hear how Steven played on the demos before Matt joined.

Off the top of my head I know I've heard Back off Bitch, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Don't Cry and obviously Civil War.

Cheers

Being a drummer myself I would love to hear how Steven played on the demos before Matt joined.

Off the top of my head I know I've heard Back off Bitch, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Don't Cry and obviously Civil War.

Cheers

Is n`t this with Adler

? drums suck by the way Edited by Son of a Guns

1. Don't Damn Me [1]

2. Don't Damn Me [2]

3. Garden Of Eden

4. Locomotive

5. Dust N Bones

There is another one from the hell House tapes, but i can't find it anywhere

There is a version of perfect crime also, but it's not circulating

oh and KOHD was not recorded with Steven, only on live shows...

Edited by Crash Diet

Cheers

Is n`t this with Adler

? drums suck by the way

Sure is Adler, the resting snare on fills is obvious. I wouldn't say the drums suck, I'm assuming they were around the 80% down as a song so fills aren't in stone, but wouldn't have been much of a change in the final mix from Steven.

I understand that KOHD wasn't recorded with Steven, I just meant songs that were laid out by Steven. Oh yeah, there is Down on the Farm as well.

After listening to these, I had no idea(not that I thought about it that much), but Steven had gone as far as he did with all the other tunes, although obviously if he'd got to the recording stage with Civil War, but I want to take a lot of credit away from Matt now. Steven actually did the hard yards and Matt just came in and played what Steven had laid down, but in his own style. So basically, Matt has done sweet fuck all for GN'R, just recorded what had already been written, toured and then recorded a cover album. I always thought he would have had more input as to how the Illusion tracks were written.

Well oil beef hooked.

I understand that KOHD wasn't recorded with Steven, I just meant songs that were laid out by Steven. Oh yeah, there is Down on the Farm as well.

After listening to these, I had no idea(not that I thought about it that much), but Steven had gone as far as he did with all the other tunes, although obviously if he'd got to the recording stage with Civil War, but I want to take a lot of credit away from Matt now. Steven actually did the hard yards and Matt just came in and played what Steven had laid down, but in his own style. So basically, Matt has done sweet fuck all for GN'R, just recorded what had already been written, toured and then recorded a cover album. I always thought he would have had more input as to how the Illusion tracks were written.

Well oil beef hooked.

Axl wanted a timekeeper on "Estranged", "November Rain", and "Don't Cry". Even if Adler had it together, Axl prob. still would've found a session musician to play the drums, and let Adler figure it out later. Adler could've used the time to get timekeeping lessons instead of contributing to Columbia's economy.

I don't consider that doing "fuck all".

Have you heard Steven play Don't Cry? The timing on that song is easy. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Matt, but I don't think that often as to how far Steven came with those albums because when you listen to them I just naturally think it's Matt's work.